Staying beyond 1 year on B2 visa?

puneetpathak

Hello Mr. Rajiv

My In-Laws stay while visiting US on B2 was expiring on Apr 4, 2020. Due to Covid, I filled their B2 Extension(Mar 27) for 6 months until Oct 3, 2020. I received the acknowledgement from USCICS with Case#. USCICS website displays the current Case Status as "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". I have not received an appointment for their biometrics from ASC yet.
With most ASCs still not open for biometrics(Santa Clara CA),

1) Will there be a negative impact if my In-Laws travel back to India without appearing for their biometric appointment.
2) Can we extend their stay further by filing another extension while previous application is still in progress. If yes, will there be any negative implications since they will be staying beyond 1 year on B2.

I am am immigrant working in US from last 10 years on H1-B in Hi-Tech.

1. no
2. Yes, they can file another extension of stay. No, there will not be any negative implications if they leave before either of the applications are denied, or if they applications are all approved.

Thank you.

If my In-Laws travel back without appearing for their biometric appointment, What documents should we keep a record of to ensure smooth visits with ability to prove/answer for future visits.

As I understand their extension application will get rejected.

They should keep their I-539 receipt(s), as well as any denial/abandonment notices, to prove that they left before a decision was made.