N600

The attached letter solves the mystery of OP’s citizenship. It seems like his mother could use the US government employee or armed forces exemption for fulfilling the physical presence requirements. https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title8-section1401&num=0&edition=prelim

Since immigrant or any other visas are not issued to US citizens, Eddieboy’s children were not US citizens prior to entry but the younger ones may have derived citizenship if they were in his custody after entry if they were below 18 after entering the US.
So,
1. The ones that entered below 18 need to file N600 and show that they were in legal and physical custody of OP ( a US citizen)
2. Those of whom were over 18 when they entered US, need to file N400 after 5 years of entry and meet prove that they meet all N400 requirement (regular process for naturalization).

Since immigrant or any other visas are not issued to US citizens, Eddieboy’s children were not US citizens prior to entry but the younger ones may have derived citizenship if they were in his custody after entry if they were below 18 after entering the US.
So,
1. The ones that entered below 18 need to file N600 and show that they were in legal and physical custody of OP ( a US citizen)
2. Those of whom were over 18 when they entered US, need to file N400 after 5 years of entry and meet prove that they meet all N400 requirement (regular process for naturalization).
...which is what I said I thought was the case before, but he was arguing that they were all citizens because of the “pledge”.

...which is what I said I thought was the case before, but he was arguing that they were all citizens because of the “pledge”.
You are right. Nothing was clear. That’s why I asked him some specific basic questions. I think it’s pretty clear now.

My child born out of wedlock.. it is possible that my children they can apply a u.s citizen through my u.s citizenship? Because i was documented as a us citizen in manila embassy Philippines on march 23, 2005. And my daughter she's 10yr old that day.. because she born November 10,1995.

Are you a US citizen by birth or were you a US citizen when your children were born? Is the children’s mother a US citizen? Hoe long did you live in the US before they were born? What passport did the children use regardless of their age when they entered the US? If they acquired US citizenship at birth due to their parents, they can get a US passport in a US consulate abroad and enter the US. No pledge (whatever it means) is necessary if the children acquired US citizenship via their parents. There are certain criteria to determine if the acquisition has happened depending on if they were born in or out of wedlock, your and the mothers citizenship status etc.
Yes my children they born out of wedlock

My child born out of wedlock.. it is possible that my children they can apply a u.s citizen through my u.s citizenship? Because i was documented as a us citizen in manila embassy Philippines on march 23, 2005. And my daughter she's 10yr old that day.. because she born November 10,1995.

Did you see this request?
@Eddieboy , this is the official page that explains all the different ways children born abroad can acquire US citizenship through a parent. Can you please read it, and then explain to us which of these applies to your children? That will help us understand a lot better and be able to give proper advice.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...isition-US-Citizenship-Child-Born-Abroad.html

Last edited:
Anyway, see fin’s post #22, it summarizes the situation of your children, there’s not really anything to add to that.