• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Any Idea that when did they send their application?
Check out the spreadsheet. They both have filed recently.
You can apply for OPT but it may be rejected as you already have shown your immigration intent by filing AOS. That being said, there have been cases people have got their OPT after filing AOS.

Yes, and for the same day, but applicants are different :) I just hope that more and more appointments for bios will be scheduled in the upcoming week...
One promising thing is that two of them have got their biometrics letter 1 week before their appointments so we still have two weeks for receiving our biometrics letters if we want to be scheduled for an appointment in July.

Hp
Thank you for your reply!!
how about if the university provides me with I20 to continue until spring 2021?
would that allow me to continue and proceed with AOS?
I can’t advise you on what you need to do or can do to maintain your status. If you’re in a valid status as at when your CN becomes current and you’re not subject to 2 year home residency requirements, you will be eligible to file AOS. So you have to figure out what you need to do in order to meet that requirement on your own.

p.s. like someone earlier noted, this is the 2020 thread. Post subsequent AOS related questions on the 2021 AOS thread.
I am also on a J-1 visa, and dealing with the 2-year rule can take a lot of time, but luckily you're DV-2021. If you're pursuing this, then it's best to begin ASAP, by requesting an advisory opinion from the State Department, which is free (can take up to 2 months to receive response), and if you are found subject to the 2-year rule, you can apply for a waiver (State Department can take up to 4 months to approve this, plus your home country's processing time, to provide a 'no objection' letter, if that's the route you take). If you're found not subject, then you can include the letter in your I-485 package.

The forum won't let me post links, but you can begin the advisory opinion online, at a special J-1 waiver recommendation portion of the State Department's website, with their online form, and post it to them, when complete.
General J-1 waiver information can be found by googling 'J-1 waiver recommendation', and going to the State Department's link.
If you already know you are subject to the 2-year rule (check visa page of your passport, and DS-2019), then you can begin the J-1 waiver process here: j1visawaiverrecommendation[dot]state[dot]gov.

1. Each person’s AOS package should include its own set of documents even if it means duplicating the same set of documents.

2. No.

3. See 1 above.

4. Including the medical report is recommended, it may be end up being the deciding factor as to if your application could be decided without an interview or not. Including it is not mandatory, especially if time is not on your side. You can mail your package without it and plan on taking an unexpired report along to your interview.
Thank you!
One more question about education evidence. I don’t have degree in the US, I applied for evaluation service about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, the evaluation is heavily delayed for another 2 weeks. I have English version of bachelor diploma. Is it okay to send it for now since I won’t get the evaluation in time?
Thank you

Thank you!
One more question about education evidence. I don’t have degree in the US, I applied for evaluation service about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, the evaluation is heavily delayed for another 2 weeks. I have English version of bachelor diploma. Is it okay to send it for now since I won’t get the evaluation in time?
Thank you

Send your AOS package with a copy of the original version and the translated copy.

Just to keep posted, might be useful for someone.
I couldn't activate my IRS account by phone number. They started mailing activation codes again so I requested one on June 29th, and today I have received it in the mail and successfully activated the account and printed out the transcript.

Hey Friends, Do you know what is the typical lead time between fingerprint appointment notification and fingerprint appointment itself?

Hey Friends, Do you know what is the typical lead time between fingerprint appointment notification and fingerprint appointment itself?

Susie already answered you on this yesterday. Take a look at that response. You can also take a look at the timeline spreadsheet by the way, even though Susie’s response is a lot more accurate based on the current situation.

Maybe stupid question:

Somebody that filed after me already received the bio letter(my same city and same FO), should i start to freakout?

Last edited:
Two people getting their biometrics letters from the same Application Support Centers makes me feel worried that field office or application support center itself plays a role in scheduling biometrics appointment not in the sense of their workload but in the sense that these filed offices contact NBC to prioritize scheduling biometrics appointments for their applicants.
I had pinned my hope on NBC that at least it works on first-in first-out basis and I will be soon scheduled for biometrics but it seems that people who have filed three months after me get their biometrics letters sooner.

I guess that person has been scheduled for biometrics appointment in Brooklyn, the only application support center (ASC) in New York which opens on July 13th. Other application support centers in New York open on July 20th or 27th so you are not from the same application support center.

Maybe stupid question:

Somebody that filed after me already received the bio letter(my same city and same FO), should i start to freakout?

Was this person’s package accepted by USCIS after yours or before yours was accepted? I seem to recall you previously posted about your first package taking a while to get accepted and you actually had to send in a second package which subsequently got cancelled/withdrawn.