• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I am currently on a J1 visa. My visa will end by the end of this year.
Am I allowed to do AOS giving that my case number is 2021AF00027xxx?
I read the spreadsheet but I am still confused which process I should follow,
Could you please give me some insights on what should I have to do?

Your CN is highly unlikely to become current at the end of this year when your current status expires. And without a current status, you’re not eligible to process AOS.

I am wondering if I am the main applicant in i-485 (I won the DV lottery) and my husband is also applying with me as a family member, can he also act as sponsor in i-134? And is i-134 needed at all if our income in i-944 is bigger than the required 125% FPL?
I am not working as my visa doesn't allow me to, I am with O3, my husband is the only person working.
Thank you!

It doesn’t hurt for your husband to fill out an I-134 and have it on hand for when you go for your interview. It doesn’t have to be included with your AOS package.

Today I got appointment notice for a interview (for July, 28).
But it is only for me and my husband. My daughter didn't get it (she is 5 years old). Does she need to come for an interview? It seemed to me that kids should be too.

You should probably consider speaking with an immigration attorney in this case.
I have the same question. I’ve spoken to multiple immigration attorneys and keep getting different answers. Even when I called the USCIS they couldn’t give me a clear answer on if the application should be in before Sept 30, or if the card must be issued by that date. Or if there was a grace period.

I have the same question. I’ve spoken to multiple immigration attorneys and keep getting different answers. Even when I called the USCIS they couldn’t give me a clear answer on if the application should be in before Sept 30, or if the card must be issued by that date. Or if there was a grace period.

Your question as written above is not quite the same as the question I responded to in my post which you quoted with your post.

AOS application must be approved by Sept. 30th COB. The card can be issued after Sept. 30th, not a problem as long as the case is adjudicated, approved, and the corresponding visa number obtained by the IO on or before that date.

My response which you quoted has to do with the question of if there’s an applicable grace period for remaining in the US if the AOS application is not adjudicated after Sept. 30th.

You definitely can reach out directly yourself if you know the email/contact information of the Chief Office of Intake and Document Production, there’s no law against doing that.
No, I don't have it. That's what I was trying to find out today but USCIS call center couldn't share that, advising to contact tier 2 rep on Monday. Saying maybe he/she can provide that. Will see.
Thank you

What is your timeline so far my friend?

Hi Alexey,

Here’s my timeline:
Application received: 12/05/2019
Payment cashed: 12/12/2019
NOA: 12/17/2020
Biometrics letter: 12/20/2019
Biometrics: 01/02/2020
Interview letter: 03/13/2020
Interview: 04/22/2020

Still waiting for my new interview date. On Monday it will be 4 months since the last time I heard from USCIS. I’m considering doing an e-request on Tuesday if I don’t receive any news by then. If by the end of the month I don’t hear back from USCIS, then I will escalate my case with my congressman or senator.

Hp
Thank you for your reply!!
how about if the university provides me with I20 to continue until spring 2021?
would that allow me to continue and proceed with AOS?

I can’t advise you on what you need to do or can do to maintain your status. If you’re in a valid status as at when your CN becomes current and you’re not subject to 2 year home residency requirements, you will be eligible to file AOS. So you have to figure out what you need to do in order to meet that requirement on your own.

p.s. like someone earlier noted, this is the 2020 thread. Post subsequent AOS related questions on the 2021 AOS thread.