Pass medical exam the right way

mittens

I'm not sure what to advise about medical exam by Canada-approved doctor. My friend become enthousiastic like myself and wants to pass the medical exam, in case he can apply for permnent residency. But he's got intense mental condition, in good shape now though if he tells the doctor which meds he's taking doc will most likely pass diagnosis over to gov-worker. And telling about meds is mandatory. And his condition does not impose any danger to anyone.

So the problem should he just ignore like he's okay or tell that doc about his condition.

If doc finds out about he wasn't frank, they would just reject application or not let him arrive for 5 years which is intolerable of course.

So what is the best strategy here and which behaviour is more successful?

The best strategy is for your “friend” to be truthful, ignoring “like he’s okay” or not telling the doctor about his medical condition equates to lying for immigration purpose.

He must be truthful. If he’s not a danger to himself or others and his condition is treatable with meds, as you imply, he should “pass” the medical. If he tries lying and the doctor discovers it - the embassy will be notified and yes a ban is likely as a result, potentially permanent.
On what basis is your “friend” wanting to apply for permanent residency?

He must be truthful. If he’s not a danger to himself or others and his condition is treatable with meds, as you imply, he should “pass” the medical.
That's reassuring. I want to believe, as they say. But that's gonna be interesting.
On what basis is your “friend” wanting to apply for permanent residency?
That's right, he will be applying on the basis of self-employnment.
Wondering about some little "grey area". But it's not easy I say. Do it in 1 try, yes.
Appreciates the response, thanks indeed.

There are very few “grey areas” in immigration law.
Here is the official uscis manual on health related ineligibilities. https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM030202.html
The parts relevant to your ”friend” is
Physical or Mental Disorders: INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that an individual is ineligible for a visa if the individual has a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with that disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the individual or others, or a history of such behavior likely to occur or lead to other harmful behavior.

The mere presence of a physical and mental disorder does not by itself render the applicant ineligible. Under INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iii)(I) and INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iii)(II) in order to find the applicant ineligible, it must be determined that the applicant:
(1) Has a current physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others; or
(2) Has had a physical or mental disorder and a history with behavior associated with the disorder, which behavior has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others and which behavior is likely to recur or lead to other harmful behavior in the future.