• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I made a mistake in filing my 2019 tax return and as a result in i944 form. I had 2 W-2 forms and I included only one. As a result, I included the wrong number for my income for the year 2019. What should I do? Should I submit the correction or call the USCIS contact center first? I mailed the package a week ago. I am so stressed out. Is it going to lead to rejection?

I applied for AOS EAD for DV and I am currently in J1. I do not plan to use the EAD card and plan to maintain my status as J1. Does my J1 status become invalid if I do not use the AOS EAD?

Guys I was trying to send the link to each one of you, but unfortunately system still does not let me send it!! it says spam likely
the name os site is immihelp dot com
the name os chat experiences adjustment of status i485
2nd or 3rd pages
read replies also

@Valeriezzzzz I just checked out that forum that you mentioned and I think I found someone mentioning that they got approved for a green card without an interview, but what I found was a marriage based case not a DV one. Maybe I’m mistaken and hasn’t seen what you saw there, but I only was able to see post mostly for marriage based petitions... Marriage based petitions are in a little bit of a different situation from us since their cases are not time sensitive as DV petition. But I’m still hoping that approval without interviews will take place for well filed upfront petitions among all of us!!! Maybe they will send out RFIs to us if situation will get worse and they’ll require some additional information?

@Valeriezzzzz I just checked out that forum that you mentioned and I think I found someone mentioning that they got approved for a green card without an interview, but what I found was a marriage based case not a DV one. Maybe I’m mistaken and hasn’t seen what you saw there, but I only was able to see post mostly for marriage based petitions... Marriage based petitions are in a little bit of a different situation from us since their cases are not time sensitive as DV petition. But I’m still hoping that approval without interviews will take place for well filed upfront petitions among all of us!!! Maybe they will send out RFIs to us if situation will get worse and they’ll require some additional information?

We have seen people approved without interview before for DV cases. Not often, but it has happened.

We have seen people approved without interview before for DV cases. Not often, but it has happened.

I do really hope that this would happen more often this year considering a difficult situation we all found ourselves in. Do you think FOs would more precisely go trough everyone’s financials due to increasing unemployment for the near future?

I made a mistake in filing my 2019 tax return and as a result in i944 form. I had 2 W-2 forms and I included only one. As a result, I included the wrong number for my income for the year 2019. What should I do? Should I submit the correction or call the USCIS contact center first? I mailed the package a week ago. I am so stressed out. Is it going to lead to rejection?
you can amend the tax with 1040x form and include the other W2 income(hire a tax professional if you don't understand ). It takes some time though. Hopefully, if you get the amended tax by the time of your interview, you can provide it during the interview. P.S: during this time everything is chaos.

I wish the upcoming vb schedule would be current for all regions at least everyone would be able to apply no matter even we receive denial letter by the end of sepetmber :)

I wish the upcoming vb schedule would be current for all regions at least everyone would be able to apply no matter even we receive denial letter by the end of sepetmber :)

the upcoming visa bulletin is going to be interesting to see how they deal with the fact that they can’t schedule any interviews right now. Will they increase numbers on some kind of contingent basis in case embassies (and USCIS) reopen late April or May? What about capacity with all the postponed interviews having to be rescheduled? etc. wonder how they will deal with it.

Hi, another question again

I'm filling I-485 and I'm the principal applicant.
For Part 2, Question 12-18, I should type "N/A" in all these parts, Right?

Thanks!

Hi,

Last Saturday i filed my package(by the way thanks for the spreadsheet!) but today i realized that i didn't add the credit score in the package!
There is the credit report but i forgot the credit score report.
Now what i have to do? How can i add the documents? Should i wait that they ask for it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi,

Last Saturday i filed my package(by the way thanks for the spreadsheet!) but today i realized that i didn't add the credit score in the package!
There is the credit report but i forgot the credit score report.
Now what i have to do? How can i add the documents? Should i wait that they ask for it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Since I-944 is a new form no one knows the answer for sure. In a worst case scenario you might get an RFE (Request for Evidence) that you can mail them your credit score.

Since I-944 is a new form no one knows the answer for sure. In a worst case scenario you might get an RFE (Request for Evidence) that you can mail them your credit score.

Thanks for your answer!
But my question is:in case somebody forget a document the only way to fix it is to wait that they ask you the RFE?
There is no way to do it before that they ask you for the documents?

I applied for AOS EAD for DV and I am currently in J1. I do not plan to use the EAD card and plan to maintain my status as J1. Does my J1 status become invalid if I do not use the AOS EAD?

You retain your current status as long as the AOS based EAD hasn’t been used to undertake any form of employment.

I do really hope that this would happen more often this year considering a difficult situation we all found ourselves in. Do you think FOs would more precisely go trough everyone’s financials due to increasing unemployment for the near future?

USCIS will still have to be convinced any case they approve isn’t likely to become a public charge.