• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Thank you so much for your response @Sm1smom !! Very helpful! Just to confirm one more time, do I need to collect Police certificates if the only country I was in for more than a year is the USA? Or not as @SusieQQQ mentioned earlier?
Thank you!

you’ve never been in any country longer than a year since you were 16, other than the US?

what do you mean? Oakland ASC processes for SF FO.

Some FOs “batch” DV cases - they wait till they have a number and then process them all around the same time. Remember September is their only real target, there is no need for them to rush interviews especially early in the FY. I seem to recall SF is one of the ones that does this but not sure.

I meant I should have written, did my bio at Oakland ASC instead of SF.

Looking at the past few year's timelines, it makes sense since only applicants who filed during the early FY had to wait longer compared to those who filed later in the year who got their responses within weeks.
I hope I get mine and everyone who had their biometrics done weeks ago gets their interview scheduled soon too, waiting for an interview to be scheduled is nerve breaking.

Do you think calling USCIS will help tho in any way?

Thank you

I doubt calling will make a difference, but if it makes you feel better to at least have tried it’s no harm.

you’ve never been in any country longer than a year since you were 16, other than the US?

Well, only my home country. And KCC's email asks for the police certificate from the country of nationality too.

To confirm I have no criminal record (it says that as at dd/mm/2019 I have no criminal record. That certificate deemed to be valid for one year), I obtained Criminal record certificate (issued by the General Prosecutor's office of the country of nationality) with an apostile. I believe this should suffice @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom ?

Last edited:
Well, only my home country. And KCC's email asks for the police certificate from the country of nationality too.

To confirm I have no criminal record, I obtained Criminal record certificate (issued by the General Prosecutor's office of the country of nationality) with an apostile. I believe this should suffice @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom ?

Visit the Reciprocity page to figure out what is expected in terms of documents from your country.

p.s. post subsequent CP related questions on other threads out of this one which is dedicated to AOS related questions/issues/process.

Hi ı did my medical exam a day ago but my doctor metioned that medical exam date shouldnt pass more then 2 months he said they changed the rules if ı dont go interview in 2 months i should come and updated my medical exam reports date. is it right? cuz ı saw it says its valid for one year on aos package documents

Hi ı did my medical exam a day ago but my doctor metioned that medical exam date shouldnt pass more then 2 months he said they changed the rules if ı dont go interview in 2 months i should come and updated my medical exam reports date. is it right? cuz ı saw it says its valid for one year on aos package documents

Your doctor is correct. I’m not sure which section of the AOS spreadsheet you’re referring to. All the section referencing medical exam validity (that I can remember) also says medical exam shouldn’t be older than 2 months as of the time the AOS package is received by the USCIS.

Good morning @Sm1smom
The 21st i spoke to a second level representative and today i received this.
They basically refused my expedite, right?

Attachments

• 20200125_140324.jpg
    20200125_140324.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
Good morning @Sm1smom
The 21st i spoke to a second level representative and today i received this.
They basically refused my expedite, right?

More or less yes, it’s an expedite request denial. They’re willing to review the request if you can present applicable documents/evidence to justify the request.

The number one condition with going the AOS route is PATIENCE!

1)Which documents can help?
2)Dv application is different from any other immigration categories. Maybe something that states this?
3)my visa will expire in July
4)do you suggest to wait?

1)Which documents can help?
2)Dv application is different from any other immigration categories. Maybe something that states this?
3)my visa will expire in July
4)do you suggest to wait?

You’re not paying attention. Is your petition currently taking longer than similar petitions processed by your FO in the past?

PATIENCE is what can help. Exercise some patience. Your visa expiration date is no longer relevant. You will continue to be in a valid status (even if your current status expires right now) while your AOS petition is pending.

You’re not paying attention. Is your petition currently taking longer than similar petitions processed by your FO in the past?

PATIENCE is what can help. Exercise some patience. Your visa expiration date is no longer relevant. You will continue to be in a valid status (even if your current status expires right now) while your AOS petition is pending.
Ok, thank you.
I will wait

Your doctor is correct. I’m not sure which section of the AOS spreadsheet you’re referring to. All the section referencing medical exam validity (that I can remember) also says medical exam shouldn’t be older than 2 months as of the time the AOS package is received by the USCIS.
so right now ı am waiting for DV receipt and probbally ı am gonna sent my package in 2 or 3 weeks so in this case uscıs will recieve my package in a month or little longer but ı dont know when they are gonna call me for the interview. so ı think important date is the time uscis recieved my package not my interview date right ?

so right now ı am waiting for DV receipt and probbally ı am gonna sent my package in 2 or 3 weeks so in this case uscıs will recieve my package in a month or little longer but ı dont know when they are gonna call me for the interview. so ı think important date is the time uscis recieved my package not my interview date right ?

The important date, regarding the medical exam, is when USCIS accepts your AOS petition, not when they received it. Acceptance date is not the same as the date they received it.

The important date, regarding the medical exam, is when USCIS accepts your AOS petition, not when they received it. Acceptance date is not the same as the date they received it.
so my number is current for march bultein and it means i am able to sent my package so i am just waiting receipt from DV then i will sent it and acception will be sometime after they received my package. but we have no idea when this is gonna be so how can be sure its not gonna pass 2 months it is confusing.
also isnt it means they accept my medical reports if they accept my package ?

so my number is current for march bultein and it means i am able to sent my package so i am just waiting receipt from DV then i will sent it and acception will be sometime after they received my package. but we have no idea when this is gonna be so how can be sure its not gonna pass 2 months it is confusing.
also isnt it means they accept my medical reports if they accept my package ?

The only way to be sure is to not do the medical exam too early before mailing out the AOS.

AOS petition is considered received when USCIS acknowledges it - either when you receive the acceptance text/email notification or the NOA (Notice of Acceptance). Package is not considered received simply based on the delivery notification from USPS/UPS/FEDEX (whoever) delivered your package

Hello! My husband and I recently received our interview letter. We did not submit form i-134 with our original application since my salary was above the poverty guideline for 2 person. I did submit my paystubs, W-2s and tax returns. Our interview letter does not ask us to bring a form i-134 either. I was wondering if we still need to take the filled i-134 to the interview with us.
Thanks!