Waiting for receipt ASYLUM

Loli555

Hello everyone! I applied for asylum late September 2019. At the end of November (after 2 months) I received all the documents (full package of 40 pages) back because of I-589 “N/A”. Filled the form, sent them again at the end of November. It’s January 2020 haven’t received any information...Have anyone had the same experience? Please let me know

Hello everyone! I applied for asylum late September 2019. At the end of November (after 2 months) I received all the documents (full package of 40 pages) back because of I-589 “N/A”. Filled the form, sent them again at the end of November. It’s January 2020 haven’t received any information...Have anyone had the same experience? Please let me know
I filed on Dec 27, 2019. My lawyer warned me that Nebraska office has been doing this sick joke of returning I-589 because of blank "N/A" entries since September. They want to discourage frivolous applications by doing this because it prevents them from getting EAD for a couple of more months. Also, it's been very common not to hear back from them in less than a month.
check this out
Did you send to Nebraska office too?

It's not just Nebraska office, it's everywhere. The new rule to fill out every single entry was silently implemented by USCIS but it affects all asylum applications regardless of where they are filed.

It's not just Nebraska office, it's everywhere. The new rule to fill out every single entry was silently implemented by USCIS but it affects all asylum applications regardless of where they are filed.
does that rule applies to i-589 only ? because i applied for -485 a month ago have not received anything yet . there is a pre -shipment issues on my USPS account from los agneles , is that an indication they are sending something my way?

does that rule applies to i-589 only ? because i applied for -485 a month ago have not received anything yet . there is a pre -shipment issues on my USPS account from los agneles , is that an indication they are sending something my way?
As far as I know, this new rule is only for I-589 forms. I haven't heard or read of the rule affecting any other forms or applications.

Didn't you get your asylum approved in December 2015?
Why excatly did you wait "4 years" to apply for green card?!

I think you should file for the third time now.
I can’t until they send me at least smth like the last time full package of my documents. I will be waiting for the rest of this month. Contact my lawyer. Seems like I’m the only one who waits 3,5 months for receipt. So unlucky...

I can’t until they send me at least smth like the last time full package of my documents. I will be waiting for the rest of this month. Contact my lawyer. Seems like I’m the only one who waits 3,5 months for receipt. So unlucky...
Have you got a notice yet?
My lawyer says that they haven't got any receipts for the cases the files in early December 2019. (based in Chicago -> Nebraska center)
I don't know why they are being so slow.

Have you got a notice yet?
My lawyer says that they haven't got any receipts for the cases the files in early December 2019. (based in Chicago -> Nebraska center)
I don't know why they are being so slow.
Yes, I’m waiting for biometrics finally!

What is your asylum clock right now?
Did it start counting days since USCIS received your mail or much later?
50 days in 22 minutes 51. It started counting since they received my second case with new I-589. Don’t worry you’ll receive your receipt soon. It takes 1,5-2 months with new rules