Letter from Asylum office

FOIA stands for freedom of information act (paid my attorney to submit it), you submit the request and they will send you a copy of your case including pending aproval or pending refferal to court basically based on this FOIA you see if they approved it or not.
Back ground check doesn.t have anything to do with the decission, i received a letter 2 weeks after interview that they are checking the background which is clean and i.m from eastern europe and is a denial even if they checked the background and it looked like they may aprove it because of it.
I know i got reffered to court and is already 2.5 years since interview and over 5 years since i first applied.
So sad. 2.5 years waiting and finally get referred to court is not fair.
How many years after interview you asked your attorney to request for FOIA and how much attorneys request for it?

I didn.t get reffered to court oficially yet, this is the worst part, can.t go further with the process until i receive the oficiall letter.
They only started to accept this foia requests last year is something new, and i sent it almost 2 years after interview.
And so far as i know the wait time for court schedules now is over 4 years which is very sad and it kinda may take us a lifetime to get a final decission.

I didn.t get reffered to court oficially yet, this is the worst part, can.t go further with the process until i receive the oficiall letter.
They only started to accept this foia requests last year is something new, and i sent it almost 2 years after interview.
And so far as i know the wait time for court schedules now is over 4 years which is very sad and it kinda may take us a lifetime to get a final decission.
Do you know what the delay reason is. Since you mentioned background check is cleared for your case. Mine is also in Chicago and when I call them they even did not check my receipt number and just keep saying wait. How you get info about your case status from Chicago Asylum office?

Go on uscis.gov, check case status and put the ZCH number that is on your interview notice.
Let me know what it says!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-164004_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125-164004_Chrome.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 27
Same here...
When you go in person they will tell you the same, they told me background check cleared when i was in person after 1 year from interview.
The won.t give you any other info on when they will take a decission because they don.t know it.
Good luck anyway!

Same here...
When you go in person they will tell you the same, they told me background check cleared when i was in person after 1 year from interview.
The won.t give you any other info on when they will take a decission because they don.t know it.
Good luck anyway!
Thank you. I hope your officer changes his mind and approve your case.Did you try by congressmen?and do they gave same answer to you?

Send FOIA request.
Is taking @ 3 months to get it back and you will see why they are denying it.
Ussually they send requests for more paperwork of somethkng is missing, never heard of denying it.

They have same reason, I have applied for it 3 times it got denied with same reason. You applied in less than 150 days and when my clock is reading 350 and counting. It has never stopped running and I never skipped any appointment to warrant stopping the clock. There might be a system cliche during the time I went for interview which they didn't fix. I want to find out that's why am asking to go in person if I need any appointment

In Chicago you can but better call ahead and ask it used to be only some days of the week i think.
Last time i called they told me they have orders not to process any old cases.
My interview was 2.5 years ago now, i sent in a FOIA request and from that i know my case was denied but didn.t receive the refferal to court oficially yet so i can.t have a court date scheduled yet.
Hope you will have better luck!
When you asked the Chicago office, did they tell you that they have orders not to interview the old cases or not make any decisions on the old cases?

I went to their office exactly 1 year after my interview and they told me that my husband.s fingerprints cleared, and case is pendind, almost 4 month later no updates.
Now you can check online better than go to their office. Good luck
One needs to go same office where interview happened for updates or any AO can provide updates?

In Chicago you can but better call ahead and ask it used to be only some days of the week i think.
My interview was 2.5 years ago now, i sent in a FOIA request and from that i know my case was denied but didn.t receive the refferal to court oficially yet so i can.t have a court date scheduled yet.
So, they'll refer to court on their own or you need to do something?

How & where to file a FOIA request? How long it took?

Hello everyone, I got a question and i will appreciate your feedback, my asylum case was pending 5 years for a decision. i had my interview 5 years ago till then i kept trying inquiries, so i just forget it , i checked my status this week thursday since then it saying error validation, but for the past couple of months it pending for decision so what does it mean? thanks

Attachments

• 559F75EA-50FB-4F5E-8897-0F1547FFCE80.jpeg
    559F75EA-50FB-4F5E-8897-0F1547FFCE80.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 6
Hello everyone, I got a question and i will appreciate your feedback, my asylum case was pending 5 years for a decision. i had my interview 5 years ago till then i kept trying inquiries, so i just forget it , i checked my status this week thursday since then it saying error validation, but for the past couple of months it pending for decision so what does it mean? thanks
I think it means your case is updated. Check it later and see if you see fee waiving or new card is processing that means approval

Thanks my friend, i hope that . i kept trying since thursday it says same thing

Attachments

• 6DFCC4BB-7522-4624-90A6-2111A4322AA6.jpeg
    6DFCC4BB-7522-4624-90A6-2111A4322AA6.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 2