Biometrics for children under 14?

vakasree

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

Did any one got Biometrics notice for your child under age 14? We received Biometrics notice for my daughter who is 8 years old. I was under impression that children under age 14 need not take FP. Please advice.

Thanks!!!
vakasree
PD - 06/2002
I485 ND - 12/2003
FP1 - 06/2004
Code 2 Biometrics needs to take on 08/19/2005

vakasree said:
Did any one got Biometrics notice for your child under age 14? We received Biometrics notice for my daughter who is 8 years old. I was under impression that children under age 14 need not take FP. Please advice.

Yes they have to undergo Biometrics. Strange but true.

Thank you both!!. I had this question because We didn't receive this notice during our first FP ie when we took in last year.

vakasree said:
Thank you both!!. I had this question because We didn't receive this notice during our first FP ie when we took in last year.
Your kid won't get fingerprinted ...

Its only to capture the photo for card production

They will take the index finger print, photo and signature of your child on the electronic signature pad. Same was done for my child too. In my case they called for kids FP when my case was almost approved (very fag end of the processing) and INS was ready to order cards.

Exactly after 42 days of my Kids finger printing I received an email stating approval letters have been mailed and after 3 days of this mail I received another email stating that cards are mailed (I'm yet to get both in my hand).

Thanks

thukralrk said:
They will take the index finger print, photo and signature of your child on the electronic signature pad. Same was done for my child too. In my case they called for kids FP when my case was almost approved (very fag end of the processing) and INS was ready to order cards.

Exactly after 42 days of my Kids finger printing I received an email stating approval letters have been mailed and after 3 days of this mail I received another email stating that cards are mailed (I'm yet to get both in my hand).

Thanks

Did your kid have to sign as well? Or did you sign for him/her?

Kid signed his name himself. This is America boss, here everybody is an individual. Parents signoff for minors only when some activity requires parental permission otherwise for all personal issues one is responsible for self.

You might not believe it that my daughter's passport does not bear names of her parents. The passport was made when she was just 2 months old.

thukralrk said:
Kid signed his name himself. This is America boss, here everybody is an individual. Parents signoff for minors only when some activity requires parental permission otherwise for all personal issues one is responsible for self.

You might not believe it that my daughter's passport does not bear names of her parents. The passport was made when she was just 2 months old.

Thanks, man!

How far can we reschedule biometric code 2?

Hi all,

I got the bio metric code notice for my son - minor 8 yrs scheduled for next week. He is in India right now and he went with the I 551 stamping. Any idea or experience in - how far we can postpone his appointment for his Bio metric code 2.

Thanks

Code 4?

vakasree said:

Yes kids below 14 need not take FP ... but they need there picture and if Ur kid cannot sign then they take the FP as a signature...

So it is partly Biometrics 2 -- I wonder why they do not call it Code 4.

thukralrk said:

Yes the passports do not have the name of parents as the family system out here is so complex ... the parentage is tangent ... well they have the name of mother in birth certificate ... and even during the labor .. the mother need not reveal fathers name...
Most of us were lucky not to grow up in such a adverse emotional environment.

Nadi if you are seriously suggesting that the environment in the USA is inferior to your own country and that you were so lucky to grow up there then maybe you should reconsider your residency. Most people would sell a kidney to have a chance to live in the USA.

Nadi if you are seriously suggesting that the environment in the USA is inferior to your own country and that you were so lucky to grow up there then maybe you should reconsider your residency. Most people would sell a kidney to have a chance to live in the USA.

You created an account for the purpose of calling out someone else seeing that you posted this response within 5 minutes of your account creation? Your response is completely unnecessary. The post you’re responding to is about 15 years old! And the person who posted it hasn’t even logged back into the forum since 2008 :rolleyes:

Yes, Sms1mom I did because I’m tired of hearing the same people who benefit a hundred fold from coming here complain about the very hand that feeds them. My point was to highlight this issue for the others who might need to head home as well. Obviously I posted right after creation for this reason because it angered me. Most immigrants come here from seriously messed up countries and pretending otherwise is a facade that needs to be called out.