Eoir 42b visa availability for FY 2019

Does anybody know if there is numbers available for the fiscal year for a cancellation of removal? Anybody got an approval lately? What is the wait after Individual hearing

Just won my COR case two days ago and the judge stated that he did not have any idea as to when we will receive our visas. I looked around and found a case where the judge reserved the case in January 2017 and the clients were granted a visa on May 1st 2018. Based on that, the waiting period may be around 1.5 years. Are you waiting too?

02/09/2016 initiated the process with a bond hearing, no issue due to lack of criminal record and money was available.
03/2017 master hearing IJ ok’d after reviewing evidence and facts and gave green light for an individual hearing.
8/2018 individual hearing very long and tough 10:00 am until 2:30 the 10 years were easy to prove, good moral caracter also easy to prove , taxes also easy to prove.
The hardest part to prove came when presenting the case for the Hardship that had to be unusual and extremely for my USC kids it took time social workers and psychologist paperwork letters and medical bills and letters and finally IJ came to the conclusion that my kids would suffer EXTREME AND UNSUAL HARDSHIP if i get deported or if they have to move to my home country.
The most important part i always understood was that the hardship was the part that matters the most not just having a usc kid or wife.
IJ mentioned about a waiting list, later my attorney said 1.5 to 2 years for a number to become available since there is waiting list on chronological order meaning first come first served.
I hope this helps you

Thanks @Rodasaspen !!
Would you Please elaborate the items/process those helped you to prove EXTREME AND UNSUAL HARDSHIP?

IJ mentioned about a waiting list, later my attorney said 1.5 to 2 years for a number to become available since there is waiting list on chronological order meaning first come first served.
I hope this helps you

Until number becomes available, What the applicant going to get?
And when he gets in the line? When applying for COR or COR approval?

The number means the green card; according to the law only 4000 green cards are available each fiscal year for this type of benefit, it happens that there are thousands of people applying for this and IJs have found more then 4K each year so whoever was approved but no more green card available waits until next fiscal year which start in October, OCIJ places you in the waiting list in chronological order after the judge has reserved his decision but he can orally tell you what he is gonna do; during the wait time you can still keep applying for a WORK permit

The number means the green card; according to the law only 4000 green cards are available each fiscal year for this type of benefit, it happens that there are thousands of people applying for this and IJs have found more then 4K each year so whoever was approved but no more green card available waits until next fiscal year which start in October, OCIJ places you in the waiting list in chronological order after the judge has reserved his decision but he can orally tell you what he is gonna do; during the wait time you can still keep applying for a WORK permit

Thanks @Rodasaspen
During this wait one can travel or not?

Does anybody know if there is numbers available for the fiscal year for a cancellation of removal? Anybody got an approval lately? What is the wait after Individual hearing
You need to contact any immigration and visa experts or call them xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all the judge may or may not notify you that day, if yes your lawyer should tell you that you need to wait for about a year and a half then after the number comes up, your lawyer will receive the decision via us mail when you will need to make an infopass IF YOU HAVE NO LAWYER GET ONE ASAP. Success rate on EOIR 42b is very low. For every 100 cases only 4 get approved.
This is one of the most difficult cases to win in immigration court, individual hearing means you can be heated not that you have been approved