• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Información lottery DV

Claumadrid

Hello, will anyone know if a person who was illegal (with entry and exit through the airport) without any problems applies the visa lottery and comes out selected would they approve? He is no longer in the USA he lives in another country but he spent more 365 days without papers, thanks

I’m thinking unlikely but I guess it depends how long ago and what was the conditions put on him when they deported him?

there was no deportation, it was only decided to leave and because he never got papers he came in as a tourist he stayed and then left alone without any deportation or any problem of law

Short answer: it depends!

When did the person enter the US and when did they depart? Did they ever claim to be a USC while in the US?

I do not know what USC is, it entered in 2014 and left in 2018 without any problem, its coudadania is the European Union, it NEVER HAD ANY LEGAL PROBLEM, it simply came out because it no longer wanted to be without papers but wants to return

I do not know what USC is, it entered in 2014 and left in 2018 without any problem, its coudadania is the European Union, it NEVER HAD ANY LEGAL PROBLEM, it simply came out because it no longer wanted to be without papers but wants to return

The person did actually have a “legal problem”, overstaying illegally - they just never got caught and faced direct consequences for it. This person in fact has a 10-year ban on re-entering the US from the date he or she left in 2018 so no there will be no visa possibility until 2028.

USC = US Citizen.

Hmm no, the person had and still has SERIOUS LEGAL PROBLEM(S) because they lived in the US illegally for 4 year! And I’m willingly to bet the person also worked illegally during those 4 years of illegal stay, or how did they sustain themselves? So year, they had legal problems. The person triggered a 10 year ban from the US when they departed (even if they voluntarily left the US) in 2018. They will not be allowed back any time soon.

But if there are forgiveness for people who are deported because if the person did not commit any crime there is nothing that can be done!

Again this person did commit a crime - living illegally in the country is an unlawful act, so that is one crime. Working illegally (when you’re not authorized to do so) is an unlawful act, which makes it another crime. So stop saying this person did not commit a crime. Voluntary departure and not waiting until deported doesn’t mean the person did not commit a crime, they did!

Committing a crime and being eligible for forgiveness are two different things. There are basis for waiver eligibility, however voluntary departure and not being deported does not make you eligible for a waiver.

But if there are forgiveness for people who are deported because if the person did not commit any crime there is nothing that can be done!

Uh no, US immigration doesn't work that way. You are not the one who gets to decide which laws it's OK to break and which ones you have to follow. If you marry a US citizen you may be able to get a waiver of the ban based on hardship to that citizen, but that is quite a long and complicated process (could end up being a couple of years).