• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Hi everyone. In the KCC email asking documents to be sent there is no mention of education docs (high school graduation certificate etc). Do we still need to provide that at the interview?
Anyone gone through the process this year already happy to share how they did it? Cheers!
You only need to provide them the documents they ask for in the email. You will need to take your other required documents with you to the interview

Hey Foley83 we haven't done our medical as we were hoping to reschedule our interview, however the embassy have advised me no to try and reschedule and keep our original date as they are fully booked till Feb. So we have been madly scrambling to try and get a medical before our interview date, but not sure if we will be able to!
Ah ok. Hopefully you manage to find a booking for the medical exam. We had ours on a Thursday and it was sent "Next day delivery" on the Friday so there may still be time!

Ah ok. Hopefully you manage to find a booking for the medical exam. We had ours on a Thursday and it was sent "Next day delivery" on the Friday so there may still be time!
Thanks! I was lucky enough to get squeezed in the day before our interview! Now the stressing starts!

On another note, my wife and I are thinking on settling down in Chicago but I'm curious to know where all the 2020 winners are planning on moving to. And where the previous winner chose and why.
We’re moving to Minneapolis - quite close to Chicago! I wanted some proper seasons (though winter will be bloody rough!), my best friend lives there, and it was where Prince lives his whole life. Plus low unemployment, low cost of living, good education, parks, lakes, theatre...

Hi all, quick question. We had our photos taken at Ted's Cameras and they only provide 4 photos which have now been used at the medical.
My issue is that the form from the Syd consulate is asking for more photos. Does anybody know how I go about getting more printed, as Ted's is saying they need to take new ones and won't print from files.

Hi all, quick question. We had our photos taken at Ted's Cameras and they only provide 4 photos which have now been used at the medical.
My issue is that the form from the Syd consulate is asking for more photos. Does anybody know how I go about getting more printed, as Ted's is saying they need to take new ones and won't print from files.
You should get new ones anyway as the ones for your medical will be Aus sized and the ones for your visa interview will need to be US sized

You should get new ones anyway as the ones for your medical will be Aus sized and the ones for your visa interview will need to be US sized
Thanks for that @Aidyn . We actually used the US sized photos for the medical as that's what they told me to provide when I booked the appointment.
We have the digitals from these still, just nowhere to print them.

Just for the record for the kiwis here, you will be dealing with the Auckland consulate and they require you to post/take the documents to them a couple of weeks prior to the interview. Seems to be unique to Auckland as I haven't heard any other consulate doing that.

I'm trying to do the DS-260 but am getting a server down notice. Does this happen regularly? I've tried with Firefox and Explorer.

Regarding the employment history in the DS-260. My spouse and I both work in the arts and I haven't worked regularly since our 2nd child. Will this have consequences? Will I need additional proof we are financially ok. We own a property (1/2 mortgaged) in Sydney and are genuinely not risks of needing financial assistance. I am the selectee though, not my husband.

Still on the DS-260, I have previously had a working holiday visa for Canada. Do my husband and I need criminal checks for Canada? No arrests or issues for either of us. We went on different visa's, I had the under 30 visa but hubby did not, so he never stayed for more than 3 months in Canada, he would enter on a temporary visa for a short contract and then leave. We airbnb'ed mostly, but did sublet for 6 months, it's hard to recall but I think he left to work for a few weeks in Europe and restart his 3 months in Canada, but I stayed. Neither of us ever violated the terms of our respective visas.

1 - technical issues happen sometimes, try again later
2 - Working or not is irrelevant, you simply need to be honest about your employment
3 - Property is not a liquid asset so can't be used to show you will not become a public charge. An i-134 is best to cover this or show banking details. Read Simons blog for more info on this http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/
4 - Were you in Canada longer than 12 months? If so then you will need a PC.
5 - Simons has a tremendous amount of information, please read through it