Waiting for decision Arlington, VA

Kamado Tanjiro

Hi guys, I been reading this forum since a long time ago, and I just decided to start posting. My interview was on October 2018 on a field office of the Arlington Jurisdiction. It's been more than a year now since my asylum interview. I went 2 months ago to ask about my case, using the case inquiry tool, and they told me it's still waiting for a decision. It's really sad to be in this situation. But I have my high hopes :). Feel free to post your timelines, and any information you guy got about the Arlington Asylum Office. Be nice to each other, good luck!

Hi guys, I been reading this forum since a long time ago, and I just decided to start posting. My interview was on October 2018 on a field office of the Arlington Jurisdiction. It's been more than a year now since my asylum interview. I went 2 months ago to ask about my case, using the case inquiry tool, and they told me it's still waiting for a decision. It's really sad to be in this situation. But I have my high hopes :). Feel free to post your timelines, and any information you guy got about the Arlington Asylum Office. Be nice to each other, good luck!
When did you apply? That is more important than when your interview was. If you applied before 2018, you should be expecting a very long wait

• Applied Nov 2013
  • Fingerprint Dec 2013
  • Interview Jan 2014
  • Submit request to my congressman Dec 2017
  • Second interview May 2018
  • Approval Dec 2018
Thanks for the info. I can tell it. took a long time, but, it was definitely worth it, CONGRATS :) . I have a question for you, when you say you submitted a request to a congressman, are you talking about an AO (Asylum officer) or are you really talking about a congressman? If so, how does this process go?

No, not an asylum officer, actually I was my attorney advise he gave me a form has all information to be submitted by fax or email to my congressman ( the person who represent your area in the Congress)

• Applied Nov 2013
  • Fingerprint Dec 2013
  • Interview Jan 2014
  • Submit request to my congressman Dec 2017
  • Second interview May 2018
  • Approval Dec 2018
So that is 59 months to get approval. That is super brutal. I think this is just another example affirming the fact that the asylum process is very long. If you are looking for quick results, the asylum process is not the place to look for that. You need an abundance of patience to go through the process. Won't be surprised that with they way they are doing things now, people could be waiting for cases to be processed up to 6 years, be pretty soon, 10 years could be the norm...of course, things could change if DHS hires more judges + asylum officers. The man from Iran, one I met in 2009, remains the record holder for waiting for an asylum case to be decided: When I met him in 2009, he had been fighting his case since 1995. So 14 years.

I have applied for asylum on Novemeber 2016 in Arlington Office, does anyone have info on which year of backlog is currently getting interview at the Arlington office?

I have applied for asylum on Novemeber 2016 in Arlington Office, does anyone have info on which year of backlog is currently getting interview at the Arlington office?
I think there is no specific order for the backlog people. I sometimes see people getting interviews who applied in 2017.

Hi all, sorry to resurrect this topic, but has anyone recently received any word back from the Arlington Office? My partner recently had his interview there and we knew it would not be ready in two weeks but are just trying to find a gauge for how long it might be for them to return a decision on his asylum interview. He got his receipt number in September 2020 and biometrics were done in February 2021. Things seem to be moving along, but it is hard to plan for anything long-term when we don't have a decision from the office yet....

Thanks for any info and good luck to all in the process!

I interviewed at the arlington office near the end of april and it’s still decision pending
Good luck and I hope you receive a good answer soon! We knew two weeks wasn't going to happen and his lawyer said as much after the interview, but the waiting is stressful for us both right now.

Hi all, sorry to resurrect this topic, but has anyone recently received any word back from the Arlington Office? My partner recently had his interview there and we knew it would not be ready in two weeks but are just trying to find a gauge for how long it might be for them to return a decision on his asylum interview. He got his receipt number in September 2020 and biometrics were done in February 2021. Things seem to be moving along, but it is hard to plan for anything long-term when we don't have a decision from the office yet....

Thanks for any info and good luck to all in the process!
Pls share your timeline...

Oh man,

You are the unluckiest of all. The new asylum rule was passed in Jan 30, 2018. So you will be the considered in the old backlog system. You need to wait
I guess it was after 2016 they started LIFO system...So, not that bad as it seems :)