• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

You will have to apply for a name change from births deaths and marriages in the state you were born. They will put you on administrative processing till that is complete.

Hi everyone, another question. I am filling out ds260 at the moment and wasn't sure what to put down for education. I have my high school certificate.
I also completed 75% or so of a bachelor degree at university 10 years ago and I have completed two diplomas at a private college (1-2 years of study)
Do I need to only put down high school certificate or do I add the others? If I do, what do I put them under?

Thanks

Hi everyone, another question. I am filling out ds260 at the moment and wasn't sure what to put down for education. I have my high school certificate.
I also completed 75% or so of a bachelor degree at university 10 years ago and I have completed two diplomas at a private college (1-2 years of study)
Do I need to only put down high school certificate or do I add the others? If I do, what do I put them under?

Thanks
add all your education, starting with HS then list university degree (not completed) plus each college diploma (completed)

Hi all! Our case number just went current for January interviews - argh!!! The excitement is building!! Any idea how long it takes after this to get an interview invite? Our DS260 has been accepted, documents accepted, and we’ve opted for an interview in Auckland.
Anyone else heading to the Mid West?

Hi all! Our case number just went current for January interviews - argh!!! The excitement is building!! Any idea how long it takes after this to get an interview invite? Our DS260 has been accepted, documents accepted, and we’ve opted for an interview in Auckland.
Anyone else heading to the Mid West?
Depending on when your document processing was complete you should get the 2NL sometime this month or next.

That said I believe 2NLs were sent just after the VB was released this month - they can still be sent right up until the end of the month though. If you havent received it by Friday then you will likely be in the next batch sent after the VB in December

When you say your documents have been accepted - did you receive the email that advises all documents have been processed successfully or just the automated email when you sent them?

Yep. The “congratulations, you’re ready for interview scheduling” email. We got it the same day as the VB, so you may be right. My main concern is the interview being January and not being able to get a medical before then with Christmas close downs, especially if it’s late notice on the interview date. We were hoping to move in April, so no massive rush otherwise!

Yep. The “congratulations, you’re ready for interview scheduling” email. We got it the same day as the VB, so you may be right. My main concern is the interview being January and not being able to get a medical before then with Christmas close downs, especially if it’s late notice on the interview date. We were hoping to move in April, so no massive rush otherwise!
OK so you are too late to receive a January interview, expect your 2NL after the next VB for a February interview. Plenty of time to get approved and move in April

Any suggestions on what size express envelope to bring to the interview. I thought I read somewhere a 3 kilo....but we are a family of 5 so should I go for a 5 kilo size. Or am I way off?? Interview is in Sydney.

Apparently our medical was sent straight to Sydney via Express post. Are they sending yours back to you instead? Kind of concerned I haven't chased this up now.
Medicals are sent to Sydney, no need to worry. The doc will send your xray CD to you, you will take it with you on your activation trip to the US

Medicals are sent to Sydney, no need to worry. The doc will send your xray CD to you, you will take it with you on your activation trip to the US
Thanks Aidyn! Not that nervous about the interview, but always like to make sure I'm prepared.

On another note, my wife and I are thinking on settling down in Chicago but I'm curious to know where all the 2020 winners are planning on moving to. And where the previous winner chose and why.

Hi all, so we submitted our docs on Monday and received the email last night saying that we are ready to be scheduled for interview when our number becomes current. Given our CN is OC2XX, are we likely to be scheduled for Jan, Feb or March? Cheers

Apparently our medical was sent straight to Sydney via Express post. Are they sending yours back to you instead? Kind of concerned I haven't chased this up now.
Hey Foley83 we haven't done our medical as we were hoping to reschedule our interview, however the embassy have advised me no to try and reschedule and keep our original date as they are fully booked till Feb. So we have been madly scrambling to try and get a medical before our interview date, but not sure if we will be able to!

Hi everyone. In the KCC email asking documents to be sent there is no mention of education docs (high school graduation certificate etc). Do we still need to provide that at the interview?
Anyone gone through the process this year already happy to share how they did it? Cheers!

Hi all, so we submitted our docs on Monday and received the email last night saying that we are ready to be scheduled for interview when our number becomes current. Given our CN is OC2XX, are we likely to be scheduled for Jan, Feb or March? Cheers
January interview letters have already gone out, you may be lucky enough to get in with the 2NLs that will be sent this month for February, if not it'll be March