need help in hb stamping & what I824 !!

hiransarva

Registered Users (C)
Anyone can advice me for my H1b stamping. I got my H1b approval 2 days ago. I changed my J1 to H1. My J1 expries on Sep 15th & my H1 will start on 1st of oct. for 15 days i need to leave US for stamping. where can I go for my h1 stamping Canada or Mexico. My letter says that If I am going to other consulate then Chennai. My company should file a I824 with USCIS. How risky is this. Can someone pls help.

I 824

hiransarva said:
Anyone can advice me for my H1b stamping. I got my H1b approval 2 days ago. I changed my J1 to H1. My J1 expries on Sep 15th & my H1 will start on 1st of oct. for 15 days i need to leave US for stamping. where can I go for my h1 stamping Canada or Mexico. My letter says that If I am going to other consulate then Chennai. My company should file a I824 with USCIS. How risky is this. Can someone pls help.

If you are going to Canada or Mexico for visa stamp, you have to file I 824, the purpose of form: This form will be used to request a duplicate approval notice, to request approval notice to another U.S. Consulate; and to request notice to a U.S. Consulate for derivative visas to family members.
Where to File: This form should be filed with the USCIS Office that approved the original application or petition.
Filing Fee: $195

H1b Approved - Needed Help for Stamping

Thanks !! Can I go to canada or mexico for stamping. How much time it will take to get the approval for I-824. Is there any premimum processing for I-824 approval. Or should I need to go to India only? Without I-824 approval can I go for stamping in different country is that possible? OR Can I extent my J1 status for another 6 months (I have six months left) Is that possible now? :confused:

Please advice this is very urgent I don't have time I have to decide fast

Thanks,
Hiran

sarvalokesh said:
Thanks !! Can I go to canada or mexico for stamping. How much time it will take to get the approval for I-824. (Usually 2-3 weeks)Is there any premimum processing for I-824 approval. NO Or should I need to go to India only (now it only for India unless you get your I 824 approval for other consulate)? Without I-824 approval can I go for stamping in different country is that possible? If you go with out I-824, counsel may not entertain you for a visa stamping. OR Can I extent my J1 status for another 6 months (I have six months left) Is that possible now? :confused:

Please advice this is very urgent I don't have time I have to decide fast

Thanks,
Hiran

I assume I824 can be used for follow to join right? i got married on june 2017 and its nov 2019 .he has filed i485 and also mention his marital status on his i140 and i485. unfortunately, i could not find any articles or experiences on i824 visa stamping (all process and timeline). has anyone applied for follow to join and got visa stamped?
need help.