• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

Now there's a new barrier for new immigrants: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...ially-burden-united-states-healthcare-system/

Visa applicants will have to prove to consular officials that they will be covered by approved health insurance within 30 days of entry into the US or possess the financial means to "pay for reasonably foreseeable medical costs."

Blocked!

A federal judge in Oregon on Saturday temporarily blocked a Trump administration proclamation that would have required prospective immigrants to prove they would have U.S. health insurance within 30 days of their arrival or enough money to pay for “reasonably foreseeable medical costs.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...mmigrants-have-health-insurance-idUSKBN1XC0K8

Does anyone know, how to renew the existing Police Clearance by giving the reference number of a previous report?
Where can I find the reference number in the clearance report? Please provide me an example....

Does anyone know, how to renew the existing Police Clearance by giving the reference number of a previous report?
Where can I find the reference number in the clearance report? Please provide me an example....
I didn't renew it and hopefully won't need to.

The reference number is something like Cxxxxxxx/2019. That's found right underneath the name and the designation of the person who has signed the PC.

I didn't renew it and hopefully won't need to.

The reference number is something like Cxxxxxxx/2019. That's found right underneath the name and the designation of the person who has signed the PC.
Thanks. Unfortunately it says "No certificate was issued for this application reference number during the past 12 months". I tried to put '-' instead of '/'. But failed.......
It seems, I will have to follow manual steps

Thanks. Unfortunately it says "No certificate was issued for this application reference number during the past 12 months". I tried to put '-' instead of '/'. But failed.......
It seems, I will have to follow manual steps

Have you tried with "My No" (Top Right Corner) e.g xxxx/2019/N . This the reference number I used when I was inquiring about status of my police certificate from both online and their help desk.

Last edited:
Have you tried with "My No" (Top Right Corner) e.g xxxx/2019/N . This the reference number I used when I was inquiring about status of my police certificate from both online and their help desk.
No luck. Getting the same error. Tried without slashes as well.

Hi!!!Am Aj from Srilanka with CN62## and I have a question regarding documents submission..Do I need to submit my birth certificate translated by a sworn translator saying that he's competent to translate or the translation certified by foreign ministry ???Thanks in advance.

Hi!!!Am Aj from Srilanka with CN62## and I have a question regarding documents submission..Do I need to submit my birth certificate translated by a sworn translator saying that he's competent to translate or the translation certified by foreign ministry ???Thanks in advance.

Hi Aj, welcome to the forum :)

Yes, the birth certificate needs to be translated by a sworn translator. They usually have a statement in their document template saying they are competent. Some have it on their seal.

Foreign ministry does not certify the accuracy of the translation. I went to foreign ministry for document attestation and then only got to know that they no longer chop a seal on our documents. They scan our documents and store them in their online document attestation system for one year. Embassies have access to that system. I don't think KCC would be logging into it. So no point in getting documents attested by FM before sending them to KCC. The reciprocity page for Sri Lanka also hasn't instructed applicants to do so.

Hi Aj, welcome to the forum :)

Yes, the birth certificate needs to be translated by a sworn translator. They usually have a statement in their document template saying they are competent. Some have it on their seal.

Foreign ministry does not certify the accuracy of the translation. I went to foreign ministry for document attestation and then only got to know that they no longer chop a seal on our documents. They scan our documents and store them in their online document attestation system for one year. Embassies have access to that system. I don't think KCC would be logging into it. So no point in getting documents attested by FM before sending them to KCC. The reciprocity page for Sri Lanka also hasn't instructed applicants to do so.
Your reply is really informative and thank you very much for your effort!!!

Hi All,
I have not been more than 6 months in any country. so do I need to take a police clearance certificate from age of 16? or from the birth?
Thanks

Hi All,
I have not been more than 6 months in any country. so do I need to take a police clearance certificate from age of 16? or from the birth?
Thanks

If you are older than 16 1/2 you must have been more than 6 months since age 16 in some country... or are you saying you stayed in many countries for only a few months each?!

If you are older than 16 1/2 you must have been more than 6 months since age 16 in some country... or are you saying you stayed in many countries for only a few months each?!
Hi sussie,
I'm older than 16 and I've been not here any country for more than 3 months.

Hi again,

Does the police report have to be stamped by the foreign ministry for the interview???Thanks advance !!

No sir i have a permanent address, apart from my country of born i have not been any other country for more than 3 months.

So you didn't actually mean
I have not been more than 6 months in any country.
You actually meant, you haven’t been anywhere other than your home country for 6 months.

(This is the case for the vast majority of DV applicants of course.) So then obviously you just need a police certificate from your home country. Normal application.

Hi Friends ...
Only the main applicant should obtain a Police Certificate? (When there is only wife and husband)

Hi Friends ...
Only the main applicant should obtain a Police Certificate? (When there is only wife and husband)

Everyone who wants a visa needs to present police certificate and other civil documents. The only documents that are only for the main applicant are the ones that prove DV eligibility (= education); the other documents are required of all immigrant visa applicants.