Address mistake on DS 260 re places lived

GCV1010

I'm the petitioner for a green card for my mother.

My mother has lived in Malaysia her whole life, various addresses here and there. But, when I filled out the DS 260, my mother provided a Singaporean address for 5 years of her life. Turns out this information was wrong as she mistakenly gave me her relative's address which she stayed at on social visits to Singapore, no more than a month at a time. Since I wrote down that my mother lived in Singapore for 5 years, I will need to provide a police certificate from Singapore--which is impossible to get since she never lived there long enough to have a record.

I have yet to submit any of the supporting documents: i-864, marriage cert, etc. so NVC is not processing the DS 260 yet.

I spoke to a person from NVC and they stated that all I need to do is write a letter explaining that the address was written in error--apparently I don't even need to supply the correct address, but I think it's best I do.

Thoughts, anyone? I'm going to take NVC's word on this, but I'd like some confirmation from others too as to whether writing a simple explanatory letter is enough to clear this problem up.

I'm the petitioner for a green card for my mother.

My mother has lived in Malaysia her whole life, various addresses here and there. But, when I filled out the DS 260, my mother provided a Singaporean address for 5 years of her life. Turns out this information was wrong as she mistakenly gave me her relative's address which she stayed at on social visits to Singapore, no more than a month at a time. Since I wrote down that my mother lived in Singapore for 5 years, I will need to provide a police certificate from Singapore--which is impossible to get since she never lived there long enough to have a record.

I have yet to submit any of the supporting documents: i-864, marriage cert, etc. so NVC is not processing the DS 260 yet.

I spoke to a person from NVC and they stated that all I need to do is write a letter explaining that the address was written in error--apparently I don't even need to supply the correct address, but I think it's best I do.

Thoughts, anyone? I'm going to take NVC's word on this, but I'd like some confirmation from others too as to whether writing a simple explanatory letter is enough to clear this problem up.

Hi GCV1010,

The agent at the NVC provided correct steps to follow. You can also try to contact the U.S. Embassy over in Malaysia and seek further advise, since they are requesting a police certificate from Singapore.

Best of luck.

Hello,
I am winner of DV2020. I am confusing on question of previous addresses since age of 16 on DS260 form. I ve never been in another country tnan my home country. My question is: I need to write all addresses where I lived in my country? Or I need to write No answer ?

Hello,
I am winner of DV2020. I am confusing on question of previous addresses since age of 16 on DS260 form. I ve never been in another country tnan my home country. My question is: I need to write all addresses where I lived in my country? Or I need to write No answer ?

All addresses where you have lived.

Hello, I really have a big problem, how to correct my mistake with my previous address information? I am currently living with my in-laws for about 8 years since my age of 20 , and during my age of 16 I lived with my biological parents which house is just a walking distance from my current address (in- laws house), just different with the name of street but in the same area. But misunderstood the form and checked it ‘NO’ for the previous address where i reside at my 16. Please help. Would it really be a big problem? Or can i fix it during interview?