Scheduled trip 10 days after oath ceremony

Marcoxvx

Hello,
I read some threads about a similar issue but not quite the same. I will have my oath ceremony on the 22nd of October and I also have a trip on the 31st of October (scheduled way before getting my oath ceremony date... besides, on the USCIS website the estimated time of completion of my citizenship procedure was January 2020) . I believe I won't be able to get my passport in time for my trip, so I would like to know what my options are.
Can I use my country of origin passport together with my American ID and the citizenship certificate to re-enter the country?
If not, is there a way to get a passport in a week or so without spending $600?

Thanks.

As a US citizen, you must use a US passport to re-enter the US if flying. Unless you're driving to Mexico/Canada and use a passport card or enhanced driver's license. What country would you be traveling to?

US citizens require a US passport to obtain a boarding pass at a Japanese airport, and for re-entry into the US. A US passport application could be expedited, though you have to research the methods and fees.

Neither an American ID (whatever that is), nor the Certificate of Naturalization is sufficient for admission into the US.

Download a passport application form https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/forms.html

Take necessary pictures walk with it to oath ceremony . Walk with proof of your travel plans . "Itinerary " Go directly from oath ceremony to passport agency, local post office . Basically the closest passport office from the USCIS field office .

Pay the expedited cost and should be able to get your passport in time for travel. 10 Days is sufficient. I got my passport exactly 14 days after application and that was with regular service. Do your research make sure they do walk ins no appointment necessary. Call around to be sure .So it's safe to say with the expedited service you should be fine !!

Most field offices give you a passport form to fill out along with your Certificate, having it done before saves you precious time !! GL

^ or just make the appointment for an appropriate number of hours after the ceremony, if they don’t do walkins.

I have an appointment for the day after in San Francisco now. It's the only office that do same-day passport, near Fresno, which is where I have the ceremony.

That should work. Be prepared with a couple of passport size photos. If you're a Costco member, they do excellent quality photos (4) for a good price while you shop inside.

Thanks. I took two yesterday at Walgreens, those should do the job.
I'll go there with the certificate of citizenship, proof of travel, photos and c/c for the fees. I think that's all I need right?

Thanks. I took two yesterday at Walgreens, those should do the job.
I'll go there with the certificate of citizenship, proof of travel, photos and c/c for the fees. I think that's all I need right?
Take a quick photo of your Certificate for yourself. A colored photo Copy if possible !!