• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2021 photo mistake and i'm about reaplying

UsDramer

Hi everyone. I submitted for dv lottery but i just realized that the photo i submitted didn't meet all the requierements ( head size too big). I'm now aware that my application will be disqualified. I intend to register again, this time with a good photo. I know that duplication is forbidden, but if the first application is rejected because it does not meet all the conditions, they will only take into account the one with the correct photo. So I do not think it will be considered a duplicate. After these are just suppositions but I will try. But i really need your thoughts about it.

If you have a confirmation number for the first entry, then it is accepted, and any further entry will be a duplicate (which will result in al entries being disqualified).

Thanks for your quick reponse. But isn't the duplicate verification based on photos/facial recognition ? If one application does not meet all requierements, it will be disqualified before any further checks, in my opinion.

You got a confirmation number following the first submission regardless of if it met the requirements or not. That is already considered you one eligible submission - it doesn’t get discarded simply because it doesn’t meet the stated requirements already in place prior to your submission. Any other submission puts you in the range of multiple submissions. There’s nothing you can do to correct the previous submission which is NOW your official submission.

But hey, don’t listen to us. Go by your own opinion which is completely wrong by the way. Verification of multiple submission is not based on photo/facia recognition alone by the way. All the submitted information are equally taken into consideration.

Ok i see, but one thing is sure, this application has no chance of winning. I will apply for a new and pray for a miracle to happen.

Thanks for your quick reponse. But isn't the duplicate verification based on photos/facial recognition ? If one application does not meet all requierements, it will be disqualified before any further checks, in my opinion.
Exactly, the facial recognition will pick up two or more photos of the same person and disqualify all those entries.
As mom says - if the photo was accepted as part of the entry that is your eligible submission. If the photo specs are wrong, or the background color is wrong, or it is of someone else etc, that will be disqualified at interview following a manual check by the CO. There is no computer check of the photos for what you seem to think there is, only the basic check (which you passed as it allowed submission) and then by the software to check for duplicates.

Ok i see, but one thing is sure, this application has no chance of winning. I will apply for a new and pray for a miracle to happen.

So you really shouldn’t have bothered asking for opinions seeing your mind is already made up anyways.

I promise to be here in May when the results are announced to read of your “miraculous answer to prayer”. Just make sure you return to share your miraculous news of selection and successful process as a DV2021 selectee when that happens.

Exactly, the facial recognition will pick up two or more photos of the same person and disqualify all those entries.
As mom says - if the photo was accepted as part of the entry that is your eligible submission. If the photo specs are wrong, or the background color is wrong, or it is of someone else etc, that will be disqualified at interview following a manual check by the CO. There is no computer check of the photos for what you seem to think there is, only the basic check (which you passed as it allowed submission) and then by the software to check for duplicates.
If i understand,
So you really shouldn’t have bothered asking for opinions seeing your mind is already made up anyways.

I promise to be here in May when the results are announced to read of your “miraculous answer to prayer”. Just make sure you return to share your miraculous news of selection and successful process as a DV2021 selectee when that happens.
You seem to be rude. It's not i don't believe you, I'm currently desperate if there is a way to encrease my chances i Will do it. But i respect your experience, and you know a lot more than i

If i understand,

You seem to be rude. It's not i don't believe you, I'm currently desperate if there is a way to encrease my chances i Will do it. But i respect your experience, and you know a lot more than i

Unfortunately I can’t apologize if my none sugar-coated response is perceived as rudeness by you. It is what it is, I don’t sugar coat and you’re entitled to your opinion also.

If i understand,

I'm currently desperate if there is a way to encrease my chances i Will do it.
One thing is guaranteed, if you submit another entry YOU WILL be disqualified on the grounds of multiple entries. If you want to "increase your chances" get a better photo taken and apply for DV2022.

I am honestly stunned at the amount of people that ask for advice then complain and say they will go against what has been said because we are wrong, if you don't actually want factual advice don't bother asking in the first place!

One thing is guaranteed, if you submit another entry YOU WILL be disqualified on the grounds of multiple entries. If you want to "increase your chances" get a better photo taken and apply for DV2022.

I am honestly stunned at the amount of people that ask for advice then complain and say they will go against what has been said because we are wrong, if you don't actually want factual advice don't bother asking in the first place!
Indeed disqualification is the outcome if you submitted a second entry. Sorry I have to be honest with you as well.