Visa & Insurance for 65+ Canadians visiting USA

SS0033

My Parents are Canadian citizens and i would like them to join me in US for the maximum time in a year if they can.

Below are my questions regarding this:
1. Do they need any Visa or is there another way they can stay in US for more than 6 months?
2. Is it 6 months in a year? Or, can they go back to Canada after 6 months and come back within a week?
3. Will they be covered under the Canadian medical (65+) while they are in US or do i need a travel insurance?
4. I think Travel insurance only covers Emergencies and not regular medical issues. Is there any other insurance that i can consider ?

Thanks everyone in advance.

American Immigration rules allow Canadians (citizens or legal permanent residents) to stay in the U.S. as visitors for up to six months in any consecutive 12-month period which means in a 12 month bracket, your parents can stay a maximum of 6 months.

You are not required to have travel insurance before the US Government will allow you into their soil. There are no such requirements if you are just a tourist. However, those who are applying for J1, F1 and H1 Visas are required to have US health insurance coverage.

I have no information on travel insurance above the age of 65+ years.

OP, a new LPR, is trying to get his/her India-born Canadian citizen parents into the US and looking for ways to have them live in the US while claiming Canadian medical. Can't have cake and eat it too.

Canadian nationals are restricted to a maximum 180 days in the US visa free.

OP, a new LPR, is trying to get his/her India-born Canadian citizen parents into the US and looking for ways to have them live in the US while claiming Canadian medical. Can't have cake and eat it too.

Canadian nationals are restricted to a maximum 180 days in the US visa free.

If i really had to do that, i would not be asking questions on here.

And please Read my questions again ........... but SLOWLY, so that it makes sense to you.
I specifically asked for Medical Insurance in USA, which clearly states that i don't want to claim Canadian medical.

Just getting Options and Opinions out here to do it the right way.

And please Read my questions again ........... but SLOWLY, so that it makes sense to you.
I specifically asked for Medical Insurance in USA, which clearly states that i don't want to claim Canadian medical.

The option to do it the right way has been explained to you, maximum 6 months in the US. Doesn’t matter how fast or slow your question is read. And actually your question number 3 asks if they can use Canadian medical. I read it slowly.
I believe Canadian medical insurance sites have information on travel insurance for Canadians.

The option to do it the right way has been explained to you, maximum 6 months in the US. Doesn’t matter how fast or slow your question is read. And actually your question number 3 asks if they can use Canadian medical. I read it slowly.
I believe Canadian medical insurance sites have information on travel insurance for Canadians.

Exactly .... the option to do it the right way has been explained before he replied.

About question 3, please read it slowly again.
3. Will they be covered under the Canadian medical (65+) while they are in US or do i need a travel insurance?

This forum is for asking/answering questions.

Lots of Canadian Citizens spend 6 months in Canada and 6 months in US, in retirement years. They are called "Snowbirds" as they travel south for the winters.
But it is complicated with respect to immigration rules (must show Canadian ties), health care rules and income tax rules.
It would be best to investigate other websites like Canadian Snowbird Association. https://www.snowbirds.org/home or others that specialize on that subject. This forum is for immigration discussion and the first response from John answered your question.

What can I say, I am trying to be SLOW because nothing ever makes sense to me. Perhaps only Canadians tend to be sensible.

That being out of the way, your question about whether Canadian medical could be used "3. will they be covered under Canadian medical" was responded to.