Can E2 visa holder register & run a new company?

wei13579

I'm a German citizen on E2 visa and I 100% own a American C-corp company. My current company's name is printed on my visa.

My questions would be:

1.) Am I allowed to newly register/invest a new company?
2.) If I'm allowed to newly register/invest it, am I allowed to run it?
3.) If I'm not allowed to run it, am I allowed to hire someone to run it, e.g. my wife who is E2-spouse visa holder, whilst I still 100% own the company?

Some background information:

I asked different people and lawyers, it seems I am only allowed to "work" for my current company. However, I didn't find any supporting information about if a E2 visa holder is allowed to "set up/invest" another new company.

Thanks for advice.

Best regards folks
Will

I'm a German citizen on E2 visa and I 100% own a American C-corp company. My current company's name is printed on my visa.

My questions would be:

1.) Am I allowed to newly register/invest a new company?
2.) If I'm allowed to newly register/invest it, am I allowed to run it?
3.) If I'm not allowed to run it, am I allowed to hire someone to run it, e.g. my wife who is E2-spouse visa holder, whilst I still 100% own the company?

Some background information:

I asked different people and lawyers, it seems I am only allowed to "work" for my current company. However, I didn't find any supporting information about if a E2 visa holder is allowed to "set up/invest" another new company.

Thanks for advice.

Best regards folks
Will

Hi Will, what have you found out and done since?

The c-corp can likely own a majority stake in equity in the subsidiary and in turn your E2 visa company would own the subsidiary, therefor allowing you to run both businesses.

Post edited by moderator - advertising not allowed

Last edited by a moderator: