Conditional Green Card

usmi

Hi my name is Usmi , i have situation please help me with that thank you in advance
i got married to US citizen 1 and hald year ago , it was arranged marriage as per our culture i have all photos and people who attended that marriage and photos of us in different places. I came in B1 visa and staying like 5 months on my B1 visa i got married. I already had my conditional Green Card since feb 2019 , now the situation is she wants to get divorce because she is not happy with me
I just want to know how it will effect to get my permanent green card whenever i will have interview and what precaution i can take before that ? i had read different opinion so please anyone who can help me to get through this
thank you

You would apply for Removal of Conditions by yourself on the basis that your marriage ended in divorce. If you can show that your marriage was bona fide, your Removal of Conditions will be approved. Start gathering as much evidence of bona fide marriage as you can.

Hi my name is Usmi , i have situation please help me with that thank you in advance
i got married to US citizen 1 and hald year ago , it was arranged marriage as per our culture i have all photos and people who attended that marriage and photos of us in different places. I came in B1 visa and staying like 5 months on my B1 visa i got married. I already had my conditional Green Card since feb 2019 , now the situation is she wants to get divorce because she is not happy with me
I just want to know how it will effect to get my permanent green card whenever i will have interview and what precaution i can take before that ? i had read different opinion so please anyone who can help me to get through this
thank you

When you received your B1 visa, you must have shown ties to your home on the ds160 and to the CO at the interview. Where are those ties to your country? Surely people don't travel on B1 visas with their entire belongings in tow, or do they now?

Of course if the USC wants a divorce, then you have no choice but to divorce, And with the reason of your US stay gone, best to return home.

yes i showed ties and that is why i got B1
my question was if i will get divorce is it hard to get Permanent GC just filling by myself ?/

Please help me I am in trouble thank you
Hi anyone here who got his permanent green card through marriage after getting a divorce during conditional green?
i have few questions
1) how difficult is getting the permanent Green card after divorce while you have conditional GC? Like what % is chance that they will decline?
2) If my GC is expiring on 2021 and i apply for permanent GC and for example they decline it now, can i stay till 2021 or it will be canceled right away ?
3)If i get marry to someone after divorce will the process start from the beginning or can i apply for permanent GC from my previous GC status?

Thanks

@usmi,

Your two threads asking about a similar issue have been merged. Don’t create new threads for the same issue.