Anyone receive their citizenship after a divorce?

Myimmigal

Curious as to if anyone has actually received their citizenship smoothly after acquiring residence through a former spouse? If anyone can post their experiences and any helpful tips would be much appreciated.

Plenty have.

GC holders get divorced, such is life. They wait the required 5 years since LPR status and apply for Naturalization. Of course a USCIS officer has discretion to review an applicant's entire immigration history to check if the marriage was entered into to get a green card. If the officer is satisfied the marriage was bonafide when entered into, and the applicant is otherwise eligible, n400 is usually approved.

Thanks, I'm aware some have successfully naturalized but I was looking for more specific rather than general experience. If anyone has personally gone through the process and has insight that is moreso what I am looking for. Several threads address the issue but I have never seen the OP come back and say they got their citizenship. Just want to hear helpful, sound and clear guidance. Thank you!

I’m going through it right now. I got my GC through my ex who was deployed for 3 years, and I stayed in the US to care for our daughter. After he got back he filed for divorce right away. Fast forward 6 years later when I went to the n400 interview without having had consulted with an attorney or checked my memory about marriage facts, she said she could not approve me at the moment because I could not remember where he was stationed. A year later, I get a NOID in the mail and now I’m trying to gather all evidence in the pandemic in 30 days.