NJ DMV refusing to accept foreign passport

melmel34

NJ 6 points of ID

Hello,

I am an F1 student on post-completion OPT. When I brought all necessary documents to the DMV they said they no longer accept foreign passports and told me that I am "not a student anymore because I graduated" even though I have my I-20 with the post OPT dates listed, with an EAD, my VISA, and my passport. Nothing is expired. They also asked stuff that's not even part of the 6 points of ID, like a health insurance card. I know they're just being ridiculous but what do I do when they won't accept a passport as a form of identification? Anybody run into similar issue, same or different states?

Thank you.

Go to another secretary of state . Some other part of the city. They should accept your passport. If they don't, tell them you want to see a supervisor. And talk to supervisor.

NJ 6 points of ID

Hello,

I am an F1 student on post-completion OPT. When I brought all necessary documents to the DMV they said they no longer accept foreign passports and told me that I am "not a student anymore because I graduated" even though I have my I-20 with the post OPT dates listed, with an EAD, my VISA, and my passport. Nothing is expired. They also asked stuff that's not even part of the 6 points of ID, like a health insurance card. I know they're just being ridiculous but what do I do when they won't accept a passport as a form of identification? Anybody run into similar issue, same or different states?

Thank you.
Just try a different location.

I live in NJ. If one person told you that at a particualr location. Don't waste your time asking for a supervisor. Just find a different location.

Just try a different location.

I live in NJ. If one person told you that at a particualr location. Don't waste your time asking for a supervisor. Just find a different location.

Any location recommendations? Also, I called them and they said the same thing: "They won't accept your student VISA if you are no longer a student". DMV can't seem to grasp the fact that there is a thing called post completion OPT. Seems like I won't be able to drive.

Thank you. Does anybody have any experience applying for a license or non-driver's ID while on post completion OPT? Because DMV keeps denying me and USCIS is telling me that it's up to the DMV.

Thank you. Does anybody have any experience applying for a license or non-driver's ID while on post completion OPT? Because DMV keeps denying me and USCIS is telling me that it's up to the DMV.
I was able to renew my driver license while I was on post opt twice. But I don't live in California.