• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi friends, i need support. My name in the birth certificate was with three names (AAA, BBB, CCC). Before the end of high school I had BBB and CCC deleted to avoid problems with the documents. Now in my passport I have (for many years) only AAA. I participated in the DV2020 lottery and sent the DS260 with only AAA. When I send my birth certificate with AAA, BBB, CCC, can I have problems? or do I explain everything in the interview? what do you recommend? thank you

You need to list BBB, CCC in the other names section of your DS260 form.

You need to list BBB, CCC in the other names section of your DS260 form.
thanks, but I have send my DS260 form in june. I’m not the principal applicant, is my wife . In my passport I have (since many years) only AAA . I will be able to explain to the interview? what do you recommend? thank you!

thanks, but I have send my DS260 form in june. I’m not the principal applicant, is my wife . In my passport I have (since many years) only AAA . I will be able to explain to the interview? what do you recommend? thank you!

You or your wife need to contact KCC and request they unlock your form - go through the selectee notification letter for instructions on how to contact KCC. This is not something you wait until the interview and try to explain.

You or your wife need to contact KCC and request they unlock your form - go through the selectee notification letter for instructions on how to contact KCC. This is not something you wait until the interview and try to explain.
Thank you, I will send an email to explain. In my opinion, it's not an error, because I have only one name and in the ds260 form I put my current name. The extra names are only in the birth certificate. But they have been canceled since many years. thank you!

Thank you, I will send an email to explain. In my opinion, it's not an error, because I have only one name and in the ds260 form I put my current name. The extra names are only in the birth certificate. But they have been canceled since many years. thank you!

No one is saying it’s an error, because it is more of an omission which could be viewed as an intentional withholding of pertinent information. Withholding of pertinent information can lead to a denial, just so you know. There’s a reason the DS260 has a section for other names (whether currently in use or used in the past)! Your background check will not be complete if the additional information that could have been used are not provided in advance. If you want to run into the possibility of being delayed for getting an approval after your interview, don’t disclose the name as recommended, wait until you show up for your interview and “explain” the omission to your CO. There’s no need for an email explaining anything, simply follow instructions and provide accurate information on your form which is the record both KCC and your embassy will go by.

I just don’t get why people ask for guidance, only for them to come up with one reason or the other as to why they will not do as advised and they will go with their previously decided option. I’m tired of this conversation. Don’t disclose the names on your DS260 form, do whatever you feel makes sense to you. I’m done and dusted with this!

No one is saying it’s an error, because it is more of an omission which could be viewed as an intentional withholding of pertinent information. Withholding of pertinent information can lead to a denial, just so you know. There’s a reason the DS260 has a section for other names (whether currently in use or used in the past)! Your background check will not be complete if the additional information that could have been used are not provided in advance. If you want to run into the possibility of being delayed for getting an approval after your interview, don’t disclose the name as recommended, wait until you show up for your interview and “explain” the omission to your CO. There’s no need for an email explaining anything, simply follow instructions and provide accurate information on your form which is the record both KCC and your embassy will go by.

I just don’t get why people ask for guidance, only for them to come up with one reason or the other as to why they will not do as advised and they will go with their previously decided option. I’m tired of this conversation. Don’t disclose the names on your DS260 form, do whatever you feel makes sense to you. I’m done and dusted with this!

Thanks Sm1smom for the precious clarification, I didn't want to offend you, I was just trying to understand how it works. Maybe I explained myself wrong. I will contact the KCC to unlock the DS260 to enter the past names, thanks

Thanks Sm1smom for the precious clarification, I didn't want to offend you, I was just trying to understand how it works. Maybe I explained myself wrong. I will contact the KCC to unlock the DS260 to enter the past names, thanks
How it works is you answer the questions on the DS260 fully. When it asks for other names you have ever been known under, the ones on official documents are surely obvious ones to list?

Hi,
filling DS-260 I faced with 2 questions:
- present address: it should be where I physically live or the address which is on my resident ID? (These two are different right now)
- primiary occupation: i am unemployed this moment but have a jobb offer and my contract will be signed from august. Should I select NOT EMPLOYED?
Thank you in advance!

Hi,
filling DS-260 I faced with 2 questions:
- present address: it should be where I physically live or the address which is on my resident ID? (These two are different right now)
- primiary occupation: i am unemployed this moment but have a jobb offer and my contract will be signed from august. Should I select NOT EMPLOYED?
Thank you in advance!
It should all be factual/correct as at the date you sign it. Where you actually live, and no job if you are not yet employed.

Hello,
I have won diversity visa while residing legally in the US but my case number is fairly high. It may go current on next July at best.
I am wondering if I can register for DV2021 even if I have won DV2020?
Since results come out on May 7th if I had won DV2021 I would have enough time to decide if I pursue my DV2020 application or DV2021 should my case number is low in my second attempt.

Hello,
I have won diversity visa while residing legally in the US but my case number is fairly high. It may go current on next July at best.
Since results come out on May 7th if I had won DV2021 I would have enough time to decide if I pursue my DV2020 application or DV2021 should my case number is low in my second attempt.

Yes you can enter both, and you can pursue both too if you want if you happen to be selected again.

Hello,
What's your CN range?

Information given below has been excerpted from Nolo website. I am wondering if this is true or not?
I don't know, however, that "now" refers exactly to when.

"Diversity visa applicants adjusting status in the U.S. are now eligible for an expedited FBI name check process."

Has anyone submitted their documents yet? I’m still waiting on my final police certificate to be mailed :/
I submitted mine late last week. I got an email straight back saying they had been received. Then 24 hours later got another email saying they were complete, valid and processed. I was surprised how fast it all happened!

I submitted mine late last week. I got an email straight back saying they had been received. Then 24 hours later got another email saying they were complete, valid and processed. I was surprised how fast it all happened!
I submitted on Jul 17th and got the confirmation email right away but still waiting for the second email. I don't expect to have it soon but t was very fast for you. What's your CN range?