Green card for marriage

Simkkk

Hi there, I’m simran, and i’m Indonesia citizen that going to marry green card holder
I would you like to ask a few questions about requirements for get greencard through marriage. Does he able to bring me to us and sponsor me? If yes, what are the documents needed to be prepared by me to doing this process? Others than proof of our relationship, do they ask me to show proof of my education level? And can i stay in us during my process because he is still a green card holder, and can we have office marriage in us?
My humble request to anyone that have references about this can give me the response.
Thank you..

He will file a petition for you, I130, it is called category F2A. You will need to show proof of relationship and he will need to be earning enough to sponsor you or need to have a co-sponsor. You will need to wait in your home country for processing and until priority date is current. (Normally there is around a 2 year wait for F2A priority date to be current but not at the moment, however this situation changes. It normally takes nearly a year for uscis to process and approve the i130.)

Official information is here:
https://www.uscis.gov/family/family...pouses-live-united-states-permanent-residents

You cannot stay in (or come) to the US during the f2a visa process. You have to await processing in your country and be interviewed at a US embassy. He has to marry you and then petition to sponsor you. The entire process can take around 24-30 months.

You cannot stay in (or come) to the US during the f2a visa process. You have to await processing in your country and be interviewed at a US embassy. He has to marry you and then petition to sponsor you. The entire process can take around 24-30 months.
Can I go to other country while the process( not to US but other country)?

Yes of course you can travel freely, but you need to check your mail in Indonesia (or somebody has to), and will have to go to the embassy or consulate when they call you in for an interview.

USCIS grants conditional permanent residence for two years. After two years, you will need to file Form I-751 to remove the conditions of residence and to get a permanent green card.