need help for BAMS medical graduate

Hi Abhuda, thank you for the quick response. I did research on MD/Do/PA and one thing is for sure the pre requisites have to be submitted before admission. I reside in India and now I'm contemplating to take BSc in US cause i am unsure BAMS will suffice. Although I don't know which credentialing services to opt to save some years and money. How expensive is BSc in US and timeline for it? Any course that will reduce the timeline?

Hi Abhuda, thank you for the quick response. I did research on MD/Do/PA and one thing is for sure the pre requisites have to be submitted before admission. I reside in India and now I'm contemplating to take BSc in US cause i am unsure BAMS will suffice. Although I don't know which credentialing services to opt to save some years and money. How expensive is BSc in US and timeline for it? Any course that will reduce the timeline?

Natasha5,
You do not need to do BSc and MD in USA.
India MBBS = MD USA
However, India has age restriction to enter MBBS.
You could do MD in Philippines-cheaper total about Rs <40-50 lakhs inclusive all (direct entry) get high scores on USMLE 240+ and enter for residency in USA and it is on U.S. pattern.
Google: valuemd.org and studentdoctor.net for FMG & residency match. Visit NRMP website residency match for data on match
Even now some US students go for MD in Philippines

Yes I understand this MBBS and Philippine option. But due to some circumstances I'll be anyway moving to US so I would like to study there from the start. I want to apply to PA since clinical and 2 years but again they too need pre requisites and idk BAMS will be considered or not. Do you know anyone who's done BAMS and the PA directly ?

Yes I understand this MBBS and Philippine option. But due to some circumstances I'll be anyway moving to US so I would like to study there from the start. I want to apply to PA since clinical and 2 years but again they too need pre requisites and idk BAMS will be considered or not. Do you know anyone who's done BAMS and the PA directly ?

I do not know, but sasmita on this thread is looking into PA option.

Alright thank you. I will update if I stumble upon any information for others. If anyone knows which credentialing service accepts BAMS kindly let me know.

i Natasha I think u r looking for me? Did u able to find out , how can we get into PA school, do u have any info so far? Mail me pathclarity@gmail.com

Sasmita and Natasha5,

The best way is to contact several PA programs of your interest/schedule appointment (in person/via phone) with Dean Admissions and request assessment of course work done as BAMS (US evaluated) and any additional requirements their office suggest to do courses (that are common for Pre-med/pre-nursing/pre-dental). Each school have some flexibility, it is not a strict rule like India, if you have this then you are accepted or else rejected. GRE and TOEFL scores are required for PA. I doubt any PA school will take BAMS to fulfil PA entry requirement courses. Remember, to first contact them by email and before that research admission requirements for each PA program of your interest depending on location/convenience to relocate. Things works very differently in the United States and there is a flexibility unlike India. You need to focus on researching PA programs and I doubt you will get more information on this forum now-like some one says you apply to this PA program and you get accepted.

Please do not think that I am harsh-I just want to help you divert your energy at right direction. I have provided you more than required info to begin with. doctor/PA shadowing in USA (required even for MBBS graduated from India to get in residency in USA) , recommendation letters, research experience, abstract, publications-so focus on these.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for ur prompt reply abudha,highly appreciate, , iam working on it, the only dilemma I ve whether they gonna accept my transcripts evaluated from other than WES or not. But this is very informative link
Regards
Sassmita

Hey Abhuda, you have definitely helped and provided valuable information on this forum. I highly appreciate and thank you for this. I have already started my research and contacting each program as you advised. Once again thank you and good luck.

Hey Sasmita!
Yes many programs accept services other than wes. Many programs will accept members of NACES and AICE. ECEand CED do evaluate BAMS. As Abhuda said have to communicate with each University to be sure. So don't be disheartened if wes doesn't recognise.

Hi Abhuda,
Could you please explain why you send this link. I mean is there a possibility to give MCAT after BAMS?

You can look for the MCAT test. You can buy and try to solve it. AAMC sets and conducts the official real MCAT exam in the US and Canada. Probably, you could take it overseas as well as locations that conduct GRE and TOEFL.

There are printed study material books, online and on-site MCAT preparation courses by Princeton, Kaplan, Examcracker, to name a few.
Khan Academy is a free resource for the MCAT and other exams.

https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/online-practice-mcat-exam/

https://store.aamc.org/aamc-mcat-practice-exam-three-online.html

https://store.aamc.org/aamc-mcat-practice-exam-one-online.html

Hi sasmitha,
I would like to share my experience hopefully it will be useful.
Iam also a BAMS person , i am working on doing something since 2016 , in my 3 yrs research it depends on which state you stay it matters alot. You can get evaluate your degree from Global language service new york. Most of the colleges accept our degree for MPH program few college for MHA program. I evaluated my degree , as i had experience in sonography i cleared by ARDMS certification , i had chance of gettin job in NY but unfortunately i moved from there . The new place no one accept entry level people.
Few options that suits best,
1. As abhudha said MCAT ,it depends on states as well need to do second undergrad and then MD ( one of my friend has joined) but we need big financial support.
2. If job is your first option there are lot of medical scribe job available ( though paid low) you can work in hospital and there by you can get help
3 There are many program like CMA , CNA , medical coding etc which do not have pre requisites
4. We can do associates degree in sonography, surgical tech or RN or respiratory tech and many more which is 60 credit hours but need to do pre req prog and other stuff depend on the state we live
My personal opinion dont go for online MPH or any other prog just because its easy to get because doing online doesn't add much to our cv form.
Though i have american registry in sonography no one ready to take even with good interview as i dont have USA experience.
So at last again im back to square one planning to do pre requisite.
One more thing about PA program, few states accept our bachelor degree, we need to do second undergrad (2 yrs instead of 4 yrs) and then 2 yrs PA . This also need big financial support
But certain colleges need bachler degree from USA OR CANADA for PA program.
There are dual PA program in few colleges.

Of all the things we need to read the college course pre req carefully in between lines, then need to meet the educational adviser 2-3 times , clear all your doubts carefully then decide, because lot of my friends joined many courses end up jobless wasting a big sum of money.

If you need more information in any of this things i can help you to my best.

Hi abhuda,
Thank you for your advice, congrats for you completion . Its been so long i was not active in indeed.
I luckly go my ARDMS certificate to work in USA as sonographer, but unfortunately im not getting job as i dont have US protocol experience.
So back to the same place , but as you said im not giving up, trying to get some scribe job , as well as started working for the pre req to do associates degree in sonography which ll give more opportunity.
Though my evaluation was useful for certification its not useful to do college degree program.

HI All,
I am a new member and have recently migrated to US.I have completed my BAMS from Pune in India and now wish to get it evaluated from ECE to understand my future options better.However, my degree/transcripts have subject names in Hindi /Sanskrit and I need to get it translated before I submit it to ECE.
I would therefore humbly request to all of you to kindly share any sources from where i can get it translated or if possible share a sample translated copy since most of the subjects of BAMS are common across India.
Have tried unsuccessfully at many places and this form is my last hope.Please help.Would be highly appreciated.