• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Dear all,

I hope all is well.
I have a question regarding the I-134:
In short, my american girlfriend will fill out the Affidavit of support but here is the trick.
She was born in England of an American mother and moved to the US after that.
When answering the question 11 (Citizenship), she realized she does not have her Citizenship certificate.

Should she pick 11.c and explain the situation in further details in part 7 ? or 11.b (Citizenship through one of the parents) and attach a copy of her passport ?
Will her a copy of her passport suffice as a proof of citizenship ? Should I include all the pages ?

Kind regards,

Hello Mom, Can a student working on OPT(not citizen nor permanent resident) File for someone an affidavit of support?

Dear all,

I hope all is well.
I have a question regarding the I-134:
In short, my american girlfriend will fill out the Affidavit of support but here is the trick.
She was born in England of an American mother and moved to the US after that.
When answering the question 11 (Citizenship), she realized she does not have her Citizenship certificate.

Should she pick 11.c and explain the situation in further details in part 7 ? or 11.b (Citizenship through one of the parents) and attach a copy of her passport ?
Will her a copy of her passport suffice as a proof of citizenship ? Should I include all the pages ?

Kind regards,

Yes, 11C works in this case. Include copies of the informal pages of her passport.

Hi -
Im thinking of going through CP now as Im worried AOS wont come in before Sep 30th cut-off if I dont think I will become current till June/July.
Can anyone offer advice on how quickly it takes to get an interview or if there are any particular field offices known to process AOS faster. Just getting worri4ed about taking a tiem risk with AOS and wondering if anyone got theres processed in time with a higher CN.
Thanks!

Hi -
Im thinking of going through CP now as Im worried AOS wont come in before Sep 30th cut-off if I dont think I will become current till June/July.
Can anyone offer advice on how quickly it takes to get an interview or if there are any particular field offices known to process AOS faster. Just getting worri4ed about taking a tiem risk with AOS and wondering if anyone got theres processed in time with a higher CN.
Thanks!
You need to use the field office in the area where you live. It's considered fraudulent to use a *quicker" field office at an address that is not yours.

The past years timelines are very interesting as the end of the year approaches. The process seems to speed up for them considerably.

Hi -
Thanks!

AOS process spreadsheet contains links to past and present Timeline spreadsheets - use the information to determine average processing time for your applicable FOs and other FOs if you’re interested in that information.

FYI: you’re required to be processed by the FO with jurisdiction over place of residence.

Hi Mom,

I have submitted all my forms for AOS package and received the NOA last month around February 15th. It's been a month and I still haven't received a letter for my biometrics appointment. My field office is Los Angeles. From the AOS timeline sheets it seems that most people receive the biometrics appointment letter pretty soon after the NOA. So I was wondering if I should keep waiting or contact them somehow to inquire about my case. Thanks ~

Hi Mom,

I have submitted all my forms for AOS package and received the NOA last month around February 15th. It's been a month and I still haven't received a letter for my biometrics appointment. My field office is Los Angeles. From the AOS timeline sheets it seems that most people receive the biometrics appointment letter pretty soon after the NOA. So I was wondering if I should keep waiting or contact them somehow to inquire about my case. Thanks ~

Contact USCIS customer service.

What a nice surprise, I checked the Visa bulletin this morning and my number (AF2xxxx) will be current in May. Running a little behind but I'm making the DV fee payment today and scheduling my medical exam for later this month. Really excited because it's now starting to feel real even though I've been following this thread since I found out I was selected.

Good luck to all of us! :)

Me too, going current in May and am at the same stage as you (sent fee, scheduling medical exam). Still a couple of supporting papers coming in from overseas, such as education records. Will you be submitting in April or waiting for May 1st?

Hello Mom,

I am a DV2019 selectee with CN AS103XX, I am considering doing AOS. It seems like my number will go current in May or June's visa bulletin. I am holding J1 visa and I will have to travel at the end of April, I have not yet sent my ds260 to inform I am doing AOS, my understanding is I might face some risk after I submit DS260 and travel.

After reading the spreadsheet and reading the threads, my question is,

1. If I have my ds260 ready and submit right away when I come back to the states (early May), and if my number go current in the same month, I don't need to wait for 2NL before sending the package, correct?

1a. I don't know if there will be any problem submitting ds260 to inform them and send the AOS package at the same time?

2. Since we need to include the DV administrative payment receipt in the package, and I am basically sending my package right after sending DS260 (if the number go current in May), can I pay the DV administrative payment $330 now or soon? I think the payment won't increase the risk for me to travel and come back?

3. Even I haven't sent anything yet and am predicting the number go current in May, I think I better do my medical exam now or soon?

All these take time, just trying to see if I can do things before my trip to get things move faster.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hello Mom,

I am a DV2019 selectee with CN AS103XX, I am considering doing AOS. It seems like my number will go current in May or June's visa bulletin. I am holding J1 visa and I will have to travel at the end of April, I have not yet sent my ds260 to inform I am doing AOS, my understanding is I might face some risk after I submit DS260 and travel.

After reading the spreadsheet and reading the threads, my question is,

1. If I have my ds260 ready and submit right away when I come back to the states (early May), and if my number go current in the same month, I don't need to wait for 2NL before sending the package, correct?

1a. I don't know if there will be any problem submitting ds260 to inform them and send the AOS package at the same time?

2. Since we need to include the DV administrative payment receipt in the package, and I am basically sending my package right after sending DS260 (if the number go current in May), can I pay the DV administrative payment $330 now or soon? I think the payment won't increase the risk for me to travel and come back?

3. Even I haven't sent anything yet and am predicting the number go current in May, I think I better do my medical exam now or soon?

All these take time, just trying to see if I can do things before my trip to get things move faster.

Thank you so much for your help.

1. Declaring an immigrant intent within 90 days of entering the US on a NIV May lead to a denial of your AOS petition.

2. See response 1 above - makes it difficult to answer your question 2 as is.

3. Your call. As long as you’re aware your medical exam cannot be older than 60 days as at the time of your AOS petition acceptance by USCIS.

Best bet is to postpone the trip.

Quick question, @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

I am currently on an E-3 visa expiring May ... , 2019.
My I-94 states Admit until Date: August ... , 2019.

Which is the date I can legally work till? My initial understanding was the date on the Visa (May ..., 2019). This topic has been discussed before, which kind of threw me off and I am still a little disorientated on the final word.

And now that I'm undergoing AOS and my I-485 is being processed, am I allowed to stay past my I-94 admit date, until a verdict on my AOS is given? (It most likely should be all concluded well before August but just want to know what the procedure is if it is still not decided upon by then).

You can work until your admit date on your i-94, you can stay until your AOS petition is adjudicated. If you apply for an EAD, you can work while your application is pending.

Quick question, @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

I am currently on an E-3 visa expiring May ... , 2019.
My I-94 states Admit until Date: August ... , 2019.

Which is the date I can legally work till? My initial understanding was the date on the Visa (May ..., 2019). This topic has been discussed before, which kind of threw me off and I am still a little disorientated on the final word.

And now that I'm undergoing AOS and my I-485 is being processed, am I allowed to stay past my I-94 admit date, until a verdict on my AOS is given? (It most likely should be all concluded well before August but just want to know what the procedure is if it is still not decided upon by then).

1. I-94 date.
2. Yes, but cannot continue working past the I-94 date, unless you have an approved AOS based EAD card by then.

You can work until your admit date on your i-94, you can stay until your AOS petition is adjudicated. If you apply for an EAD, you can work while your application is pending.

Slight clarification required here: - OP will be eligible to keep working only if they have an approved AOS based EAD card. They cannot continue working on the basis of having applied for the EAD card.

Slight clarification required here: - OP will be eligible to keep working only if they have an approved AOS based EAD card. They cannot continue working on the basis of having applied for the EAD card.
Oh yeah that's what I meant. Thanks.

We got our APs yesterday after a bit of nudging (again) by the Congressman's staff :)

1. I-94 date.
2. Yes, but cannot continue working past the I-94 date, unless you have an approved AOS based EAD card by then.

Thank you @Sm1smom @damo1089 !

I'm pleased to hear it is the I-94 date. I didn't submit an EAD Card application - figured the chances of being approved prior to my I-94 date would be high and from then till September 30 (end of DV2019) isn't that long of a gap.

AOS application has to be adjudicated before September 30, right? Otherwise it moves onto DV2020?

Hi Mom, I am on a G-4 visa, which means my income is tax-exempt and I do not get W-2 or tax return forms. Is there anything I should include in my package instead, other than my bank statements and pay stubs from the past few months?