Naturalization interview..

piro

I have to apply again for the naturalization interview. The first test I made of english and U.S. history and governement and I passed it. But my interview was not approved because I did not have 30 months in the US. Do I have to back up the OF english and U.S history and government test?

I withdrew my n-400 application at the interview due to conflicting answers on my original visa application (I did not fill out the application, family did). If I reapply, can I just give the answers on the original visa application (I have a copy now) without being asked about information given at the previous interview?

I withdrew my n-400 application at the interview due to conflicting answers on my original visa application (I did not fill out the application, family did). If I reapply, can I just give the answers on the original visa application (I have a copy now) without being asked about information given at the previous interview?

Highly unlikely.
Are the incorrect answers of a disqualifying nature?
Anyway it sounds like the answers on the original form are wrong (if you need a copy to answer them), you cannot knowingly give false information at the interview. You are answering under oath.

Last edited:

You're better off not reviving 5-year old threads. Should have started a new thread for your questions.

What does "conflicting answers" mean? No matter who fills out an application, you as the applicant are responsible for it's content by signing it. Your complete immigration history is available for an interviewing officer's review. They have discretion to ask about discrepancies.

Highly unlikely.
Are the incorrect answers of a disqualifying nature?
Anyway it sounds like the answers on the original form are wrong (if you need a copy to answer them), you cannot knowingly give false information at the interview.

So basically, whoever filled out my application didn’t not enter the year my father died. My father died in 1999 when I was 5 years old and as at the time of filing the visa application, I had just turned 18 and was following orders from uncles so I signed the document without reviewing. Now at the interview, I answered that my dad (even though my visa if family based from my mother side) died in 1999 and it came out as a lie and had to withdraw the application to avoid denial and a 5 year wait period.

You're better off not reviving 5-year old threads. Should have started a new thread for your questions.

What does "conflicting answers" mean? No matter who fills out an application, you as the applicant are responsible for it's content by signing it. Your complete immigration history is available for an interviewing officer's review. They have discretion to ask about discrepancies.

“Conflicting answer” as in death of father not entered on visa application

Well, you can't go back and knowingly lie about something, and yes they will have it on record. It seems very odd that this isn't something you could have corrected in the interview tbh.

Sure, blame it on him rather than the person who filled in your form incorrectly that you then signed.

Sounds like the IO was doing his/her job. Calling them a dick speaks alot towards your character as a person.

The interview process allows you to go over your application with the IO. Fill out the application yourself this time. Be honest so whatever you put on the app will match your answers if questioned.
They most certainly will bring up your old interview.

GL