• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Dear mom,

I prepared my AOS package and it is ready to be mailed. In the mailing address section of i-485 form i put my PO BOX address for receiving my mails from USCIS. I wonder, when i want to mail the package, should i write down my PO BOX address as the sender and NOT my physical address. right?

Dear mom,

I prepared my AOS package and it is ready to be mailed. In the mailing address section of i-485 form i put my PO BOX address for receiving my mails from USCIS. I wonder, when i want to mail the package, should i write down my PO BOX address as the sender and NOT my physical address. right?

Whichever address you use as the sender’s address doesn’t matter.

- I missed my infopass callback yesterday (again) So I have requested another one. I pretty much have have my speech down to an art now. The guy on the phone this time was the nicest tier 1 officer I have ever spoken to.
- A tier 2 officer (also super nice) has sent a status request directly to the Chicago FO on my behalf, to which I can expect a reply on or before the 8th of March, and has also confirmed that there has been no RFE sent.
- A congressional enquiry is underway.
- We have requested i-131 expedite. Trackitt seems to hover around 170 days for NBC i-131 approval at the moment, currently at 143 days.
- Just over a month until self imposed deadline (yes, I know, I'm an idiot for making one in the first place)

At least no one can say I'm not trying :)

Last edited:
Dear mom,

Regard to my previous post, do you think this is nessasary to notify USCIS by filling online change of address request?

Please note, i do not change my physical address. i just wanna put my po box address as my mailing address in i485 form. But i am still living in the same physical address.

I was worry about that just because when i saw the change of address online form, it asked ''is this change of afddress is related to a current processing application''. When i chose no, i was seeing it asked if mailing address is gonna changed too?

I am thinking if i must use this form and put my old and new address the same thing(because i do not wanna change my physical address). But for the mailing address, i should mention my po box adress as a new mailing address.

I am confused. Please help.

One more question, does sensitive letters like ''bio letter'' or ''interview letter'' or ''actual Green Card'' can be mailed to a PO BOX address? Or better to ask does USPS accepts such those important and sensitive letters to put on a PO BOX?

Dear mom,

Regard to my previous post, do you think this is nessasary to notify USCIS by filling online change of address request?

Please note, i do not change my physical address. i just wanna put my po box address as my mailing address in i485 form. But i am still living in the same physical address.

I was worry about that just because when i saw the change of address online form, it asked ''is this change of afddress is related to a current processing application''. When i chose no, i was seeing it asked if mailing address is gonna changed too?

I am thinking if i must use this form and put my old and new address the same thing(because i do not wanna change my physical address). But for the mailing address, i should mention my po box adress as a new mailing address.

I am confused. Please help.

For sheez! STOP stressing over this address thing for goodness sake! The P.O.Box is simply your mailing address. That address and the physical resident address are not on your form already.

Just in case anyone is wondering, it is really hard to get an infopass appointment now if you have to call up for it. The people call you and have a set list of secret criteria that they don't budge from. I know because I asked what the criteria was.

I had a chat with the guy, told him me situation and he said an infopass wouldn't help me, that I wouldn't be able to talk to the officer anyway so it would be a waste of time. As we all know from previous AOS threads, infopasses have sometimes indeed been a waste of time, but in other cases they have significantly helped the person move their case along.

I told him that I knew of many cases where infopasses have resulted in desirable outcomes for the applicants. He didn't care.

I told him (all very nicely) that I felt it was unfair to subject people, based on only on their location, to different USCIS rules and regulations. If I lived in Maine, I could go in and followup on my case tomorrow for whatever justification I wanted. He still didn't care.

Apparently they are slowly stopping the self scheduling of an infopass everywhere, so they can free up time for "people who really need it." So, since the people in the call centre can only see what we can see, and the tier 2's are not able to see much more, I think in infopass is a luxury that will soon be a distant memory, and the domain of a lawyer to attempt to schedule for us.

I know these guys are probably used to talking to lawyers, so I don't think I had any real chance to budge him.

Objectively, to play devil’s advocate, someone still 7 months away from the sunset on this year’s DV doesn’t “really need” infopass yet though.

And yes it sucks that different people get subjected to different things depending on their FOs. There are people who filed N400s after me who have already had their citizenship interviews, and I’m only likely to get one in October! Not much you can do about it unless you want to move ....

Objectively, to play devil’s advocate, someone still 7 months away from the sunset on this year’s DV doesn’t “really need” infopass yet though.

And yes it sucks that different people get subjected to different things depending on their FOs. There are people who filed N400s after me who have already had their citizenship interviews, and I’m only likely to get one in October! Not much you can do about it unless you want to move ....
Yeah, I know :) it sucks but it's how it is and I have no one to blame. Just passing the info along really.

Just in case anyone is wondering, it is really hard to get an infopass appointment now if you have to call up for it. The people call you and have a set list of secret criteria that they don't budge from. I know because I asked what the criteria was.

I had a chat with the guy, told him me situation and he said an infopass wouldn't help me, that I wouldn't be able to talk to the officer anyway so it would be a waste of time. As we all know from previous AOS threads, infopasses have sometimes indeed been a waste of time, but in other cases they have significantly helped the person move their case along.

I told him that I knew of many cases where infopasses have resulted in desirable outcomes for the applicants. He didn't care.

I told him (all very nicely) that I felt it was unfair to subject people, based on only on their location, to different USCIS rules and regulations. If I lived in Maine, I could go in and followup on my case tomorrow for whatever justification I wanted. He still didn't care.

Apparently they are slowly stopping the self scheduling of an infopass everywhere, so they can free up time for "people who really need it." So, since the people in the call centre can only see what we can see, and the tier 2's are not able to see much more, I think in infopass is a luxury that will soon be a distant memory, and the domain of a lawyer to attempt to schedule for us.

I know these guys are probably used to talking to lawyers, so I don't think I had any real chance to budge him.

The plan has always been to slowly phase out self scheduled INFOPASS appointments, USCIS purposely selected a couple of high traffic FOs to start with to enable them gage the success rate or otherwise of the new procedure. No lawyer can schedule an INFOPASS appointment either on behalf of their clients, nor can they walk in to follow up on a case without an appointment.

Wait for the outcome of the congressional inquiry you’ve already done, before I taking the next step, which may be to contact the ombudsman’s office. However I don’t recommend doing so hastily, since it is a last resort option.

Hi
I have few questions regarding I 485 and I 765. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out.
1- What is 'under section 245' regarding AOS?
2- I am about to file I 765 and I 485 together, Do I need to pay extra for I 765?
3- What eligibility category should I pick for part 2 number 27 of form I 765?
4- I assume I can pay the fee by filling out form G 1450, should I have two separate G 1450 at 85 and 1140 dollars or one form at 1225 dollars?
Thanks

Your wife’s approval notice was received on the 13th, and two days later you’re already stressing about contacting USCIS ???

Hi mom:
I'm sorry to bother you again. Since the day after case approved has passed for 16 days and the officer says it might spend 60 days to produce a new card after we call to USCIS, if we want to do something to enhance the card production time, what can we do for this situation?
Much thanks for taking the time and help.

Does anyone get approve about Feb, 6 and still wait for the GC delivery?

The plan has always been to slowly phase out self scheduled INFOPASS appointments, USCIS purposely selected a couple of high traffic FOs to start with to enable them gage the success rate or otherwise of the new procedure. No lawyer can schedule an INFOPASS appointment either on behalf of their clients, nor can they walk in to follow up on a case without an appointment.

Wait for the outcome of the congressional inquiry you’ve already done, before I taking the next step, which may be to contact the ombudsman’s office. However I don’t recommend doing so hastily, since it is a last resort option.
No worries. It does make sense because of the crazy wait times on normal petitions, anything to potentially speed that up would make sense in the long term and benefit everyone eventually.

Hopefully the people on the phone we given a bit more information from the field offices eventually too.

Hi mom:
I'm sorry to bother you again. Since the day after case approved has passed for 16 days and the officer says it might spend 60 days to produce a new card after we call to USCIS, if we want to do something to enhance the card production time, what can we do for this situation?

Why do you need to enhance the card production time?

Hi mom:

Nothing - patience.

Hi
I have few questions regarding I 485 and I 765. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out.
1- What is 'under section 245' regarding AOS?
2- I am about to file I 765 and I 485 together, Do I need to pay extra for I 765?
3- What eligibility category should I pick for part 2 number 27 of form I 765?
4- I assume I can pay the fee by filling out form G 1450, should I have two separate G 1450 at 85 and 1140 dollars or one form at 1225 dollars?
Thanks

1. I don’t understand your question.
2. Nope.
3. C9.
4. One form.

As I've posted previously, my CN was current in January and I have not yet received an Interview Letter.

I called up USCIS and they said that my i-485 was still within "Normal processing time" and that it could take up to 18-months. I tried to explain that the diversity visa program was different and was processed faster. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I'm worried that my application has been accidentally placed in the regular green card processing rather than diversity visa (my application was correct and stated my category accurately).

The person I spoke to at USCIS said one of her superiors will contact me in the next 72 hours to help get me an infopass appointment at the Los Angeles office.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Or am I missing something and there's nothing to worry about?

If the FO requires a particular document, consider the document “officially required” by the FO regardless of what the website says. Uscis’s website doesn’t say anything about a financial document either, (form I485 instruction actually erroneously says financial evidence is not required to be presented by a DV applicant), yet it is one of the things taken into consideration during the approval process. So go figure!

The AOS process spreadsheet already contains a list of what I consider necessary, feel free to include an evaluated copy of your HS Diploma with your package if you like.

Thank you Mom for your complete response.

Mentioning the financial documents another important question just came into my mind. I have paid all taxes by 2017 and I have recently received W-2 form for 2018 but I have not got through the tax return process because in my university, Human resource people set up meetings which the students complete their tax return in and they are usually held at the end of March when I will have probably sent my package. Could it be a reason for my petition to be rejected. I have already prepared the full transcripts of the years 2015 to 2017 though.

Another question is: suppose that I could provide a bank statement that says I have around 22,000 USD in my account. Do I still need to fill I-134 Affidavit of support? Is that a required documents for financial support part?

Thank you for your patience Mom

Why do you need to enhance the card production time?
Hi Britsimon:
Thank you for the prompt reply. Because the waiting time is longer than average time, I have no idea about it. Maybe you and mom are right
Be patience and wait for the online status change.

The USCIS website mentions that "It has been more than 30 days since you received your welcome notice but you have not received your new card." I can call USCIS to address it. Well, 30 days is a long time....
https://www.uscis.gov/tools/after-receiving-decision

Thank you for the help!!