Would i be eligible for a American passport?

Andz1703

HI all my mother is a American citizen and i'm a British citizen but i wish to move over to the states to be with my family would be eligible for a American passport? Also if i am successful would my wife be able to live with me in the US whilst waiting for her green card?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks

HI all my mother is a American citizen and i'm a British citizen but i wish to move over to the states to be with my family would be eligible for a American passport? Also if i am successful would my wife be able to live with me in the US whilst waiting for her green card?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
More details
When and where were you born
Mom a born /citizen naturalized ?

How long did she reside in the US.

More information the better someone can answer your question.

Last edited:
The information provided above is not enough for someone to provide with you any useful information/guidance.

hi all
I'm a US citizen by birth lived in the states for less than 5 years I got married to an alien and have two children (below 12 years ) living abroad,
I tried to understand the process of giving my children the American citizenship but I'm confused if I should file n-600 or the n-600k form or file an immigrant visa for them, and do I need to be permanently residing in the US?
thanks in advance

@nancyS
You need to provide more info but from what you’ve said, no you can’t just file an N600, as living in the US less than 5 years means you can’t transmit citizenship to children born abroad. You may be able to do it via grandparents if the criteria are met.
Assuming the children are minors then the immigrant visa to citizenship path would work but this would require all of you (first you and then your children) to reside in the US.

@nancyS
You need to provide more info but from what you’ve said, no you can’t just file an N600, as living in the US less than 5 years means you can’t transmit citizenship to children born abroad. You may be able to do it via grandparents if the criteria are met.
Assuming the children are minors then the immigrant visa to citizenship path would work but this would require all of you (first you and then your children) to reside in the US.

thanks for the reply
so can I start an immigrant visa for them abroad thru an the American embassy, and then travel with my children at the same time to the states
and do I need to have a financial sponsor if I don't have a job in the states.

thanks for the reply
so can I start an immigrant visa for them abroad thru an the American embassy, and then travel with my children at the same time to the states
and do I need to have a financial sponsor if I don't have a job in the states.

You need to have domicile in the US or show proper intent to re-establish domicile to do this. And yes re sponsor. Is the children’s other parent also planning to move?

You need to have domicile in the US or show proper intent to re-establish domicile to do this. And yes re sponsor. Is the children’s other parent also planning to move?
yes he's planning to move with us.
thanks again for your help

Last edited: