travelling outside US after 131 and before 485 approval

imkiran.timsina

My situation:
- On my 485 interview, I was told I could get a notice in 2 weeks to redo medicals but it's been 2 months and I haven't gotten anything. So, there is a possibility that 485 could be approved or they need some more input from me.
- In the meantime I have to travel outside of US to get married.
- I have my H1B extended for 1.5 years and I also have received I-131.

Questions:
1. If 485 gets approved while I'm outside of US, can I re-enter US? If I can't re-enter, is there a way by declaring my situation to USCIS before I leave the country so that I won't be in trouble.
2. Can I request to pause 485 processing? My thought is- if this is possible it'll guarantee that 485 will not be approved while I'm outside US. Then I'll file H4 for my wife.

Since you have advance parole I think you are good. Have your wife get h-4 stamped after marriage and in case your I-485 is approved she can do follow to join consular processing within 1 year of your I-485 approval. Yes you can enter US on advance parole even after your I-485 is approved while you are outside US.

"in case your I-485 is approved she can do follow to join consular processing within 1 year of your I-485 approval " what does this mean? She stays in home country and does the consular processing? How long does she have to wait to enter US?

Yes after your I-485 is approved you file I-824 application for action on approved application or petition for your wife, after its approval USCIS forward to NVC who in turn will forward to your country of residence US Consulate for consular processing immigrant visa for your wife.