• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Thank you for your reply : )

Where should I send the copy of receipt to? Do I need to have a cover letter for that?
In the mail they sent to me, there is only one document that is "Adjustment of status form" which wrote my name on it (I attached the photo).
Is that the RFI look like normally?

You did not receive a message from USCIS contrary to what you posted, what you received is from KCC. You need to contact KCC and find out why a new payment is being requested. You can call to start with, then follow up with an email with proof of payment you already made.

Thank you for your reply : )

Where should I send the copy of receipt to? Do I need to have a cover letter for that?
In the mail they sent to me, there is only one document that is "Adjustment of status form" which wrote my name on it (I attached the photo).
Is that the RFI look like normally?

Also, does the payment receipt you previously received look like the above form?

You did not receive a message from USCIS contrary to what you posted, what you received is from KCC. You need to contact KCC and find out why a new payment is being requested. You can call to start with, then follow up with an email with proof of payment you already made.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought the letter is from USCIS because it is sent from TAMPA FIELD OFFICE USCIS via UPS.
Then, I will contact KCC and ask them.

Thank you so much.

Hi, super quick questions. I am currently in the US on L1A

In the I-485 Part 2 "address history" they ask for a current address with dates of residence. Obviously the "From" date is easy - if I am still in this residence at time of filing should I leave "to" date simply blank? (I'm guessing the white box means I have option to)

Part 3 "employment history" they have a similar question regarding current dates of employment. Again the "From" date is straight forward - what should I enter for the "to" date - even if I don't really have an end date, should I just put the expiry date of my visa?

thank you

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought the letter is from USCIS because it is sent from TAMPA FIELD OFFICE USCIS via UPS.
Then, I will contact KCC and ask them.

Thank you so much.

So send a copy of your payment receipt (with a cover note and your detailed info) to the Tampa FO.

Hello everyone! I am in bit of a pickle here,hoping you guys can provide some insight on what I can possibly do. I am an F-1 student with my current I-20 ending, along with my course in May 2019. I have the option of applying for OPT for 1 year. I have also been selected for the DV 2019 lottery with my CN being AS12XXX. I am confused with what I have read online about fall back status etc. and need some clarification.

my questions are:
1. Is there any drawback in applying for the OPT? If my DV AOS is denied, will this affect my OPT status?
2. While on OPT am I still considered to be on the F-1 status? Or does OPT has its own status designation?
3.If the OPT is cancelled due to denial of the DV AOS, will I have to leave the country or can I apply for a new course with my institute without having to leave the US?
4. Looking at the rate the Visa Bulletin is progressing, is my CN too high to take a chance on going through the AOS process?
Hope you guys can help me in figuring out what I can do next without jeopardising my status.

Hi, super quick questions. I am currently in the US on L1A

In the I-485 Part 2 "address history" they ask for a current address with dates of residence. Obviously the "From" date is easy - if I am still in this residence at time of filing should I leave "to" date simply blank? (I'm guessing the white box means I have option to)

Part 3 "employment history" they have a similar question regarding current dates of employment. Again the "From" date is straight forward - what should I enter for the "to" date - even if I don't really have an end date, should I just put the expiry date of my visa?

thank you

“PRESENT”

Dear mom,

I just checked the status of my case number in CEAC website and it showed the case is at NVC. Is that normal? I have not sent my package to Chicago already, but i did pay 330$ and i did receive 2NL.

Hello all,

Does USCIS distribute the mails or any other letter( NOA, BIO letter, Interview letter and etc) through ONLY USPS carrier or It is possible to receive mails by other carrier too? Postal carrier like, UPS, FEDEX, DHL.

I'm currently waiting for my interview letter. My case was current in January 2019 (Oceania) and according to the previous year's timelines, I should have received it by now. Is this cause for alarm or is this still normal? Some other people who were current in Jan this year have already received their letters.

Hello everyone! I am in bit of a pickle here,hoping you guys can provide some insight on what I can possibly do. I am an F-1 student with my current I-20 ending, along with my course in May 2019. I have the option of applying for OPT for 1 year. I have also been selected for the DV 2019 lottery with my CN being AS12XXX. I am confused with what I have read online about fall back status etc. and need some clarification.

my questions are:
1. Is there any drawback in applying for the OPT? If my DV AOS is denied, will this affect my OPT status?
2. While on OPT am I still considered to be on the F-1 status? Or does OPT has its own status designation?
3.If the OPT is cancelled due to denial of the DV AOS, will I have to leave the country or can I apply for a new course with my institute without having to leave the US?
4. Looking at the rate the Visa Bulletin is progressing, is my CN too high to take a chance on going through the AOS process?
Hope you guys can help me in figuring out what I can do next without jeopardising my status.

1. It is advisable to already have an approved OPT in place, or at least have applied for it and is pending prior to AOS package submission. This ensures a fall back status (as there wouldn’t be a break in in your current NIV) should AOS petition get denied.

2. OPT is considered F1 in a technical sense.

3. You can only remain in the US if you have a fall back status in place prior to filing AOS.

4. https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2019-aos-only.337772/post-2476950

Dear mom,

I just checked the status of my case number in CEAC website and it showed the case is at NVC. Is that normal? I have not sent my package to Chicago already, but i did pay 330$ and i did receive 2NL.

Focus on the AOS process spreadsheet and follow what it says; it doesn’t say anything about checking CEAC for case status - not applicable to AOSers.

Hello all,

Does USCIS distribute the mails or any other letter( NOA, BIO letter, Interview letter and etc) through ONLY USPS carrier or It is possible to receive mails by other carrier too? Postal carrier like, UPS, FEDEX, DHL.

USPS only.

I'm currently waiting for my interview letter. My case was current in January 2019 (Oceania) and according to the previous year's timelines, I should have received it by now. Is this cause for alarm or is this still normal? Some other people who were current in Jan this year have already received their letters.

Are you comparing your Timeline with similar cases processed by your FO, or you’re simply comparing to cases that became current in January?

Hi there:

Is there anyone still waiting for the green card coming after approval?
My wife (derivative applicant) completes the interview on Feb, 5, gets approval notice on Feb 13. The status at the USCIS website does not change while filing the AOS package. (still show Fingerprint Fee Was Received). Is it normal for the waiting time? I view the previous timeline on the spreadsheet, and it usually takes an average of 7 to 10 days to receive GC after approval. Should we give USCIS a call to see the current status?

Thank you for the reply!

1. It is advisable to already have an approved OPT in place, or at least have applied for it and is pending prior to AOS package submission. This ensures a fall back status (as there wouldn’t be a break in in your current NIV) should AOS petition get denied.

2. OPT is considered F1 in a technical sense.

3. You can only remain in the US if you have a fall back status in place prior to filing AOS.

4. https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2019-aos-only.337772/post-2476950

My case is like this guy, I have a question on 1. I have just applied for OPT previous week, should i wait for OPT approval to submit DS 260 or i can just do it earlier am afraid i will be currrent on july while my OPT comes on May(which is supposedly short time to send DS 260 the spreadsheet shows it takes quite some time(like two months) from sending DS 260 to receiving NL)

Hi,

I was selected for DV-2019 (2019EU23XXX) and happily resides in the USA under L1 visa.
Your Excel is very useful and I can't wait for my CN to become Current - hopefully, it will soon be the case.

Checking the AOS process tab, it is not clear if I would be receiving the 2NL before my case goes current (Step 4).
My DS-260 was completed sometime last year, more than 2 months ago.
Should I expect the 2NL to be sent once my case is current or should I have received it and contact the KCC?

Thanks for taking the time!

Hi there:

Is there anyone still waiting for the green card coming after approval?
My wife (derivative applicant) completes the interview on Feb, 5, gets approval notice on Feb 13. The status at the USCIS website does not change while filing the AOS package. (still show Fingerprint Fee Was Received). Is it normal for the waiting time? I view the previous timeline on the spreadsheet, and it usually takes an average of 7 to 10 days to receive GC after approval. Should we give USCIS a call to see the current status?

Thank you for the reply!

Your wife’s approval notice was received on the 13th, and two days later you’re already stressing about contacting USCIS ???

My case is like this guy, I have a question on 1. I have just applied for OPT previous week, should i wait for OPT approval to submit DS 260 or i can just do it earlier am afraid i will be currrent on july while my OPT comes on May(which is supposedly short time to send DS 260 the spreadsheet shows it takes quite some time(like two months) from sending DS 260 to receiving NL)

You’ve already waited this long and your CN isn’t current anyways. Just be patient. The worse that could happen with regards to the 2NL is that you wouldn’t have it on hand to be able to include it with your AOS package which is not a problem considering some people do not even submit the DS260 form to start with.