AOS Interview for Family based Category F4

juakali

Registered Users (C)
I received my notice for the AOS interview which will be in the next 30 days. It looks like much of the supporting evidence is stuff I already submitted. I have two questions.

1) Already submitted sponsors I-864, W2, paystabs etc. When we filled current tax year was 2011 and we submitted everything and no RFE's have been requested. My interview is next month in May. Since taxes for 2012 should be filed by April 15th, should I also bring sponsors 2012 tax fillings, W2's and Paystubs for 2012. If so my sponsor might have to file an extension will this be a problem or will they just go with what I sent.

2) Does anyone here have any experience with Adjust of Status interview for family based F4 (sibling to sibling) what kind of questions might the ask, what should I expect, anything I should bring that they might ask for that is not very clear on the interview appointment letter. I've been waiting for over 12 years and would like to reduce any more delays.

Thank you for your time!

If you have the 2012 documents, bring them along. It can't hurt to have them if they ask, but I doubt they will.

FB interviews should be straight-forward in most cases. Are you claiming 245i relief? Do you have any criminal history issues?

Unfortunately I don't have the 2012 documents and don't know if they will be ready by the interview date but we did submit everything for tax year 2011 which was most current when we filed.

yes, I'm claiming 245-I relief, I did file Supplement-A form with $1000 fine. No criminal history issues.

Thanks so much

If you don't have the 2012 docs, you don't have them. No worries there.

The only additional thing I would suggest is that if you are claiming 245i relief, you bring copies of your evidence of physical presence on 12/22/2000.

One more question. Interview notice asks me to bring "Your petitioners Birth Certificate and your petitioners evidence of United States Citizenship of Lawful Permanent Resident Status"

My brother has his original Naturalization certificate but only a notarized copy of his birth certificate. I have copies of all these, will it be an issue if I go with the copies or must you take originals.

One more question. Interview notice asks me to bring "Your petitioners Birth Certificate and your petitioners evidence of United States Citizenship of Lawful Permanent Resident Status"

My brother has his original Naturalization certificate but only a notarized copy of his birth certificate. I have copies of all these, will it be an issue if I go with the copies or must you take originals.

Notarized by whom? If it's by the same government agency that issues or manages the originals, that may be acceptable. Otherwise you'll need to get a new one issued by the relevant authorities.

Hi there! I'm facing the same interview as yours. I'm not sure if you still use this forum. If so, could you please tell me what question the interview officer asked you? Thanks in advance!!

Hi chr3742, I was surprised by how easy it went. They basically ask you to swear that you are telling the truth and read you back some of the questions on the application form, like are you part of a terrorist organization etc. She didn't ask me anything at all regarding my stay here, the jobs I had, taxes etc.. She was very pleasant and in fact, was even admiring how long I waited to get my green card. I went prepared but I didn't have to spend sleepless nights worrying about it. If you are a decent (not perfect) you are going to walk away from that interview with your green card. Come back and let us know what happened during your interview.

Hi Juakali! Thanks again for your very valuable info. I did my interview two days ago and it went well. But at the end the interview office told me I still need to wait for the approval of my I-130, which was approved already. I didn't dare to ask her why. And there is no update since then. May I ask if you got approved on spot and how long you finally received your green card since your interview?