• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Here is update.

My online case status just has updated. It says "Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action."

Please let me know if its a good or bad sign or just usual procedure.

Sorry for being so impatient. I am sorry

In addition I received an email showing check your case status. Shows Case status: Initial Review. I am so worried

Standard procedure

Thanks.

Sorry mom I’m just worrying. I really hope the background check will be as fast as possible. Because from what I see Officer was positive about the actual case.

Yes the IO May be positive but they can’t approve your petition if you don’t clear the background check.

Yes the IO May be positive but they can’t approve your petition if you don’t clear the background check.
I see. You are right.

Mom were there cases when people had interview and bio done and then baground check was in couple of days done in EU region.

I know it depends on the situation and person. But like I’m asking were there cases maybe you remember from past experience when after bio, baground check was like really fast within 2-3 days and got approved.

Just asking. Thanks

at the time is running. One the case is approve before sep30 , I will get the GC? Or it should arrive?
If you get approved on September 28th for example which will be on Friday then you can get your GC by mail after September 30th. And if you want to know for sure if you approve or denial call customer service on Friday September 28th 5 pm. They will update you about your case.

Last edited:
I see. You are right.

Mom were there cases when people had interview and bio done and then baground check was in couple of days done in EU region.

I know it depends on the situation and person. But like I’m asking were there cases maybe you remember from past experience when after bio, baground check was like really fast within 2-3 days and got approved.

Just asking. Thanks

Forget about the region as that is NOT the primary basis of if and when the background check clears. Most people regardless of their chargeable region clear the check in a matter of days.

Now you need to exercise some patience and stop over analyzing every word or everything you’ve read about. This is a process that needs to run it’s course.

Forget about the region as that is NOT the primary basis of if and when the background check clears. Most people regardless of their chargeable region clear the check in a matter of days.

Now you need to exercise some patience and stop over analyzing every word or everything you’ve read about. This is a process that needs to run it’s course.
Fair enough. Thx

I mean If the officer approve my case in friday 28 September. Im gonna be fine ? or I ahould recive the GC by mail on 28 sep

You’ll be fine. The GC can arrive be after Sept. 30th. The important thing is to be approved by the last working day of the FY.

Hi Mom,
I have 3 info pass appointment next week to follow up my case which is still under background check. Do you recommend anything to be said to expedite the process before Friday Sep 28?
Can I ask them for instance to relay on my background check for my asylum case?
You may find it a stupid question but I'm really frustrated.

Thanks for your help and support.

Hi Mom,
I have 3 info pass appointment next week to follow up my case which is still under background check. Do you recommend anything to be said to expedite the process before Friday Sep 28?
Can I ask them for instance to relay on my background check for my asylum case?
You may find it a stupid question but I'm really frustrated.

Thanks for your help and support.

Nope, I don’t find or consider your questions stupid. Yes you can request they use that, however it’s not like you know that also cleared, right? Just follow your instincts and ask whatever question comes to your mind, you wouldn’t get in trouble for questioning them.

Best of luck!

Here is update.

My online case status just has updated. It says "Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action."

Please let me know if its a good or bad sign or just usual procedure.

Sorry for being so impatient. I am sorry

In addition I received an email showing check your case status. Shows Case status: Initial Review. I am so worried
First of all don’t write your receipt number it’s something you must keep it for your self, 2nd you will make it trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I was impatient and mom told me to practice my patients. I felt like officer was doing everything Yesterday and because I did bios right away he appreciated that and my process went Smoot. (my guess, not how it was)

My case was really interesting. I was current in June and delayed my package until august 16th. They received my Package on 21st of August and Today on 21st of September just in 1 month I've done it.

Now, I am thinking how is it even possible? Like I am so shocked. Many people pay thousands of thousands to lawyers to take care of this process. However, we got this forum. WE GOT IT ALL HERE.

Can't imagine how many lives this forum changed. Some people get mad some people get happy, but at the end of the day this forum gives you every tool you need. Mom kept telling me "Dude you are being late-Hurry up, don't give up!. and I even wanted to drop this idea, and then PEOPLE were telling me in this forum "Dude you can still do it in under 30 days". I appreciate this forum for supporting me all the way.

My grandfather is ILL very bad, and my mother had a surgery. I asked from god to approve this interview, so I could see my family and come back, because I am in the US since 2012. Now the dream come true and I will be able to see my loved once, and then continue to study and be a very good resident who appreciate the fact that he/she can live here.

For everyone who is waiting, please just have faith and pray and ask Mom, Susie and Simon everything before doing something. Trust me I gave so many questions before and read everything so to not mess this up.