• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I will update interview results in the morning.

I’m little worried, but maybe that’s all right. They sent me lEtter form g56 RFE. And it was asking for only evidence that after arrest for traffic violation was dissmissed by judge and that I don’t have a criminal record. They did not accept a police report alone.

I’ve got documents from cook county, Illinois showing dismissal of those violations and also took document indicating that I was not criminally charged nor have criminal conviction. I then type an email to supervisor IO, saying that I’ve got those documents which then he replied by saying thank you for getting needed documentation ahead of time. I thought it was a good sign.

However, I’m struggling with something. When I was filing i485 and I indicated that I was arrested once even though it was a traffic violation which then got dismissed. Not sure how will officer react to it and don’t know how to explain him why I clicked yes on that question. It was confusing to me. Anyways if anyone can say something on this matter please do, maybe It will help me to not stress about it. Otherwise good luck to me. Will update later.

Thanks,

Of course you’re required to provide court documents for any or all arrests listed on your form, a PCC is not enough in such a situation. If you paid attention to the AOS process spreadsheet or the I-485 form instructions you would have seen this requirement.

The only thing your required to do is truthfully answer all the questions they ask during your interview. How the IO will react shouldn’t stop you from responding in a truthful manner.

All the best with your interview.

Hi Mom,

We just had our interview. I think it went well, but was so nervous. Because we were legally married last year (August 10th) , but had our big celebration for the wedding this year (August 5th) I second guessed myself. Then my husband did the same. I had to interrupt his questioning because my husband said ‘August 5th 2017’ and not ‘August 10th 2017’ when he asked what date we were married.
We clarified it and showed him why, with photos of both occasions and the officer seemed to be ok, I’m just annoyed we messed up! He asked if we had any questions and I asked about the quota. I don’t think he understood as he said, ‘you’re good, you guys are 12** and it goes up to 1450’. He asked for proof of our marriage, health insurance being combined etc. too.
He said he had a couple more checks to do and all being ok we should be approved tomorrow. He didn’t tell us what checks, but it’s the same officer that @lightfish had so maybe he just likes to do his own check.
Will keep you updated!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Of course you’re required to provide court documents for any or all arrests listed on your form, a PCC is not enough in such a situation. If you paid attention to the AOS process spreadsheet or the I-485 form instructions you would have seen this requirement.

The only thing your required to do is truthfully answer all the questions they ask during your interview. How the IO will react shouldn’t stop you from responding in a truthful manner.

All the best with your interview.
Thank you mom.

I just finished my interview and going to post an update in couple of minutes

Here is how it went. (First of all Thanks mom, and other people who helped me)

Today at 9 am I went to my FO in Chicago, and they let me in without appointment and without waiting more than 10 minutes.
Officer was very nice and kind. He went through my i485 form and asked me several questions after I took the oath. Process overall was good.

He then, requested several I-20s from 2012 when I entered U.S and luckily I had those documents with me, along with Passport (new and old) and all other needed documents such as birth cert, high school diploma and bachelors. He asked if someone is sponsoring me through out 6 years and I answered that my mother and father are sponsoring me.

Finally, I provided all needed papers from cook county to show that my cases were dismissed and I have no criminal record. He said "All right, at this point I am just waiting for your BIO'S to receive and then I will be able to approve your case.
I told him that my Bio's on the 25th which he replied with saying that he will be checking the system every day for me, because he realized that time is critical. I also told him I would try walk in for biometrics.

After I left FO, I went to BIO right away and asked them to let me in, since they had no people and my case was probably approved. They let me in and I took bio. Then, I emailed SUPERVISOR saying "Officer can you please let my officer know that I took bios or do you want me to come and bring receipt.?" - He replied "There is no need to return to the FO, the officer will check the required systems to verify that your BIOS have been submitted. Thank you for being able to get all these necessary steps taken today! I am glad the process has gone smoothly for you. You should receive a final decision regarding your application soon. Take care"

I replied "Thank you very much! I am waiting for the final decision! Have a great rest of your day!.

Mom and everyone thank you for supporting me throughout the year. Could you please read this and tell me if I am save? At first officer said he will be able to approve but could not due to not having BIOS yet, and then supervisor email with saying wait for final decision, because I just took BIO's. Please let me know what you think

Thanks

Just to add. at the very end when he said I will be able to approve you - I offered my I-134 AFF SUPPORT, and asked if it he will need it. He replied - "I don't think you need I-134 but if you give me it will not hurt your case and definitely be better for you", and so I left it.

Last edited:
Hi Mom,

Our case status just changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' on both of our cases. I am SO happy!

We are so incredibly grateful to you for your help and guidance throughout this process. I wouldn't have been able to navigate my way through this had it not been for you and your kindness. The lengths you go to to really give people the information they need is so generous and I am enormously thankful to you and always will be.

I will continue to update my timeline through to the end.

Thank you for the support from everyone here and to @Britsimon for his wonderful site and for him directing me to this forum.

Good luck to all those left!

Thank you x

Hi Mom,

Our case status just changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' on both of our cases. I am SO happy!

We are so incredibly grateful to you for your help and guidance throughout this process. I wouldn't have been able to navigate my way through this had it not been for you and your kindness. The lengths you go to to really give people the information they need is so generous and I am enormously thankful to you and always will be.

Thank you for the support from everyone here and to @Britsimon for his wonderful site and for him directing me to this forum.

Thank you x

Hey, Congrats :)

Can you read my interview and suggest me what can possibly happen ?

Hi Mom,

Thank you x
Congratulation

Here is how it went. (First of all Thanks mom, and other people who helped me)

Today at 9 am I went to my FO in Chicago, and they let me in without appointment and without waiting more than 10 minutes.
Officer was very nice and kind. He went through my i485 form and asked me several questions after I took the oath. Process overall was good.

He then, requested several I-20s from 2012 when I entered U.S and luckily I had those documents with me, along with Passport (new and old) and all other needed documents such as birth cert, high school diploma and bachelors. He asked if someone is sponsoring me through out 6 years and I answered that my mother and father are sponsoring me.

Finally, I provided all needed papers from cook county to show that my cases were dismissed and I have no criminal record. He said "All right, at this point I am just waiting for your BIO'S to receive and then I will be able to approve your case.
I told him that my Bio's on the 25th which he replied with saying that he will be checking the system every day for me, because he realized that time is critical. I also told him I would try walk in for biometrics.

After I left FO, I went to BIO right away and asked them to let me in, since they had no people and my case was probably approved. They let me in and I took bio. Then, I emailed SUPERVISOR saying "Officer can you please let my officer know that I took bios or do you want me to come and bring receipt.?" - He replied "There is no need to return to the FO, the officer will check the required systems to verify that your BIOS have been submitted. Thank you for being able to get all these necessary steps taken today! I am glad the process has gone smoothly for you. You should receive a final decision regarding your application soon. Take care"

I replied "Thank you very much! I am waiting for the final decision! Have a great rest of your day!.

Mom and everyone thank you for supporting me throughout the year. Could you please read this and tell me if I am save? At first officer said he will be able to approve but could not due to not having BIOS yet, and then supervisor email with saying wait for final decision, because I just took BIO's. Please let me know what you think

Thanks

Just to add. at the very end when he said I will be able to approve you - I offered my I-134 AFF SUPPORT, and asked if it he will need it. He replied - "I don't think you need I-134 but if you give me it will not hurt your case and definitely be better for you", and so I left it.

None one at this point, including your interviewing IO can tell you if you’re safe or not. Completing the Bio is just the step that initiated the background check. How soon your background check clears will determine when you’re approved. You’re only “safe” when you receive the actual GC.

Hi Mom,

Thank you x

That’s awesome. Congratulations :)

None one at this point, including your interviewing IO can tell you if you’re safe or not. Completing the Bio is just the step that initiated the background check. How soon your background check clears will determine when you’re approved. You’re only “safe” when you receive the actual GC.

I see mom, Do you think if the Officer said, I will be able to approve your Green Card, when receive your bio on 25th. Do you think he said that because he knows my background check was done and I was clear and just waiting for bio to complete the process. Or background check will be done after my finger print ?

Here is update.

My online case status just has updated. It says "Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action."

Please let me know if its a good or bad sign or just usual procedure.

Sorry for being so impatient. I am sorry

In addition I received an email showing check your case status. Shows Case status: Initial Review. I am so worried

Last edited by a moderator:
I see mom, Do you think if the Officer said, I will be able to approve your Green Card, when receive your bio on 25th. Do you think he said that because he knows my background check was done and I was clear and just waiting for bio to complete the process. Or background check will be done after my finger print ?

Go back and re-read my previous response which you quoted with the above post of yours. I already preempted and provided a response to the questions regarding the relationship between bio completion and background check.

Go back and re-read my previous response which you quoted with the above post of yours. I already preempted and provided a response to the questions regarding the relationship between bio completion and background check.
Thanks.

Sorry mom I’m just worrying. I really hope the background check will be as fast as possible. Because from what I see Officer was positive about the actual case.