My timeline

Fernandes001

I-589 accepted 08/09/2017;
Biometrics: 09/01/2017;
Work Permit and SSN received on 02/22/2018;
Interview scheduled for: 09/17/2018 (next Monday)(Brooklyn).

I am from a very quiet country, but with a lot of corruption by the politicians. I spent years and my life denouncing and exposing these corrupt politicians. Unfortunately, I suffered many threats to my life and my family. Even my interview still has not happened, thanked the United States immensely for the opportunity to save my life and my family. I have plenty of evidence and I'm quiet about the interview, but I'm pretty anxious.

Pray for me. And good luck to all of us.

Sorry for my bad english

I am from a very quiet country, but with a lot of corruption by the politicians. I spent years and my life denouncing and exposing these corrupt politicians. Unfortunately, I suffered many threats to my life and my family. Even my interview still has not happened, thanked the United States immensely for the opportunity to save my life and my family. I have plenty of evidence and I'm quiet about the interview, but I'm pretty anxious.

Sorry for my bad english

Huh~ god bless you!

Sorry for my bad english
Do you come from central America?

Sorry for my bad english
From what I have been told, know your story thoroughly. Consistency, Consistency! Collaborate your story with the facts you have got. Again Consistency. You will do great my friend.
(I filed: Jan 11, 2017) still no interview date yet. But I remain hopeful.
Good luck!!

From what I have been told, know your story thoroughly. Consistency, Consistency! Collaborate your story with the facts you have got. Again Consistency. You will do great my friend.
(I filed: Jan 11, 2017) still no interview date yet. But I remain hopeful.
Good luck!!

Thank you very much.

I'm rooting for you too :)

Thank you.
(sorry for my bad English, but I need to detail it here to help whoever will do future interviews).
I was pretty confident. But I had some problems:

1) I sent a CD and a copy in a pen-drive, of videos of threats that I received, videos of reports that I appeared in the TV, among other video evidence. However, they do not accept anything that is not printed, and they simply discarded my videos (okay, I had other proofs printed but not with the same content as the videos).

2) Since my English is not fluent, I took a translator. The interviewer made a call to another USCIS person who also speaks mu language to monitor if my translator was translating exactly what he was talking about. Well, if they already had a translator, so I take mine. The fact is that you need to explain your facts in a very brief and objective way, to summarize a story like mine (and many others here) in an objective way without losing information is very bad. And in my case the interviewing officer asked the question, my translator translated, the USCIS translator on the phone spoke if the translation was ok, I would answer, my translator translated into English, the USCIS translator would say if it was ok ... And everything you say, it has to be short, in a nutshell, because the interviewer is typing everything, so you speak 5 words, it spreads about 30 seconds of translation, another 10 seconds of typing ... In summary, I spent 1 minute pausing every 5 words. My process has around 350 pages.

3) I thought the official interviewer would follow page by page my process, this would make it easier to make sure nothing was forgotten. But it was not so. Only parts of my case were used in the interview.

4) My interview was scheduled for 9:30 am in a place far from everything. I arrived on time, and my interview only happened at 1:30 pm. My interview lasted two and a half hours.

5) My official interviewer was very stressed, but in the end she apologized, because she had a very tiring day (my case was her last day.) Yes I was one of the first to arrive, but my case was the last, since each Interviewer has a specific area, in my case it is political asylum, and only they did this type and interview).

Many important details I did not mention in my interview, because I did not lead the interview, so I could only answer what the interviewer asked.

Some good points:

1) When I entered the interviewer's room, my case was on her desk, full of notes made by her. She also asked me questions that only those who read my lawsuit would know. This shows that even though she did not ask me all the questions, she knew what was in my process.

2) I believe her stress is just a way to make you uncomfortable so you do not focus on telling lies.

I entered with 100% confidence in the interview, and it comes out with 60% ... Anyway, I believe in the USA process.

I have to go back on the first of October to get the result.

My advice is: Before the interview, have a way to summarize everything from your process. The interviewer needs to fill in some fields of USCIS software and the fields are very limited, and these fields are where your answers are placed. An officer will then take the information from this software and judge, granting or not asylum.

Thank you.
(sorry for my bad English, but I need to detail it here to help whoever will do future interviews).
I was pretty confident. But I had some problems:

1) I sent a CD and a copy in a pen-drive, of videos of threats that I received, videos of reports that I appeared in the TV, among other video evidence. However, they do not accept anything that is not printed, and they simply discarded my videos (okay, I had other proofs printed but not with the same content as the videos).

2) Since my English is not fluent, I took a translator. The interviewer made a call to another USCIS person who also speaks mu language to monitor if my translator was translating exactly what he was talking about. Well, if they already had a translator, so I take mine. The fact is that you need to explain your facts in a very brief and objective way, to summarize a story like mine (and many others here) in an objective way without losing information is very bad. And in my case the interviewing officer asked the question, my translator translated, the USCIS translator on the phone spoke if the translation was ok, I would answer, my translator translated into English, the USCIS translator would say if it was ok ... And everything you say, it has to be short, in a nutshell, because the interviewer is typing everything, so you speak 5 words, it spreads about 30 seconds of translation, another 10 seconds of typing ... In summary, I spent 1 minute pausing every 5 words. My process has around 350 pages.

3) I thought the official interviewer would follow page by page my process, this would make it easier to make sure nothing was forgotten. But it was not so. Only parts of my case were used in the interview.

4) My interview was scheduled for 9:30 am in a place far from everything. I arrived on time, and my interview only happened at 1:30 pm. My interview lasted two and a half hours.

5) My official interviewer was very stressed, but in the end she apologized, because she had a very tiring day (my case was her last day.) Yes I was one of the first to arrive, but my case was the last, since each Interviewer has a specific area, in my case it is political asylum, and only they did this type and interview).

Many important details I did not mention in my interview, because I did not lead the interview, so I could only answer what the interviewer asked.

Some good points:

1) When I entered the interviewer's room, my case was on her desk, full of notes made by her. She also asked me questions that only those who read my lawsuit would know. This shows that even though she did not ask me all the questions, she knew what was in my process.

2) I believe her stress is just a way to make you uncomfortable so you do not focus on telling lies.

I entered with 100% confidence in the interview, and it comes out with 60% ... Anyway, I believe in the USA process.

I have to go back on the first of October to get the result.

My advice is: Before the interview, have a way to summarize everything from your process. The interviewer needs to fill in some fields of USCIS software and the fields are very limited, and these fields are where your answers are placed. An officer will then take the information from this software and judge, granting or not asylum.

Wow! This is invaluable information. Thank you for sharing. I believe the staff colleague that was summoned to catch any inconsistencies in the translation was also a good thing. Because if they didn't find anything falsehood then possibly it strengthens your testimony. The fact that you were to give your testimony and answers in brief, should not worry you a lot since you have mentioned that the interviewer seemed to have exhaustively looked at your file, and the questions she asked I speculate were to collaborate and add the dots or justify her reasoning regarding what she perceived from your file. Certainly, I can imagine your confidence was less when you came out because sincerely you are at the mercy of what the interviewer in front of you perceives to justify as a reason to pass you through for a grant or not. Whoever makes deliberations on the report of the interviewer and ultimately the final decision rests so much I believe on what the interviewer details, might there be cases that end up contrary to the recommendations of the interviewer, I certainly believe so. Nevertheless, this should not dampen your spirits to the core. You did all you could and everything is in their hands now. Fingers crossed for a positive response. And if it so ends at the IJ's desk, my friend go out swinging. You got this! Cheers!

Wow! This is invaluable information. Thank you for sharing. I believe the staff colleague that was summoned to catch any inconsistencies in the translation was also a good thing. Because if they didn't find anything falsehood then possibly it strengthens your testimony. The fact that you were to give your testimony and answers in brief, should not worry you a lot since you have mentioned that the interviewer seemed to have exhaustively looked at your file, and the questions she asked I speculate were to collaborate and add the dots or justify her reasoning regarding what she perceived from your file. Certainly, I can imagine your confidence was less when you came out because sincerely you are at the mercy of what the interviewer in front of you perceives to justify as a reason to pass you through for a grant or not. Whoever makes deliberations on the report of the interviewer and ultimately the final decision rests so much I believe on what the interviewer details, might there be cases that end up contrary to the recommendations of the interviewer, I certainly believe so. Nevertheless, this should not dampen your spirits to the core. You did all you could and everything is in their hands now. Fingers crossed for a positive response. And if it so ends at the IJ's desk, my friend go out swinging. You got this! Cheers!

Hi.

All the questions that were asked, was to check if I would go in with what is on my form, and also so that I could make a summary of everything small and objective according to the questions. They are very attentive to dates, and I sent some prints of conversations on Facebook this year, however on Facebook when the conversation is of the current year, the year does not appear, only the day and month, so the interviewer questioned me about not having the year, and she wrote down the current year (2018).

Sorry for my bad English. Any questions you can ask me, I'll be happy to help what I know

Hi.

All the questions that were asked, was to check if I would go in with what is on my form, and also so that I could make a summary of everything small and objective according to the questions. They are very attentive to dates, and I sent some prints of conversations on Facebook this year, however on Facebook when the conversation is of the current year, the year does not appear, only the day and month, so the interviewer questioned me about not having the year, and she wrote down the current year (2018).

Sorry for my bad English. Any questions you can ask me, I'll be happy to help what I know
Hi Fernandes001,
Hope you are doing well. Did you receive your decision on Oct 1 as they had promised?
Thanks

Hi,

No :/

I went to the office on the day as per the schedule of the letter, but my case still has no decision. They asked me to wait another 2 weeks and I will probably receive a letter in my house ...

Hi,

No :/

I went to the office on the day as per the schedule of the letter, but my case still has no decision. They asked me to wait another 2 weeks and I will probably receive a letter in my house ...
Fingers crossed my friend. Live your life and patiently wait for the decision. At least you are past the hurdle of being in limbo waiting for a first interview. Take it easy on yourself:).

Fingers crossed my friend. Live your life and patiently wait for the decision. At least you are past the hurdle of being in limbo waiting for a first interview. Take it easy on yourself:).
Hi, thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately my family is still in my country, and they are threatened for my sake. I do everything to keep them safe, my son does not go to school anymore, my wife does not work, all this to avoid being found.

Unfortunately if my case is delayed, I will have to try to take my family to another country

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately my family is still in my country, and they are threatened for my sake. I do everything to keep them safe, my son does not go to school anymore, my wife does not work, all this to avoid being found
Unfortunately if my case is delayed, I will have to try to take my family to another country

Hang in there. Your patience will pay off. Taking them to another country might be your contingency plan but I hope you resort to it only if all options are exhausted here in the US. You are on pace given how slow the process can take. Hang in there!

Hang in there. Your patience will pay off. Taking them to another country might be your contingency plan but I hope you resort to it only if all options are exhausted here in the US. You are on pace given how slow the process can take. Hang in there!
Thanks for the kind words.

Hello guys. Sorry for my bad English.
I believe that my case was approved. Someone could confirm me, and leave and be extremely happy.
When checking the status of my asylum case with the number of my process that consisted of Z, the following message appears:

On December 31, 2018, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number ZNY***********. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

I was told that when this fee-free message comes out, it means an approval, am I correct?

I believe that my case was approved. Someone could confirm me, and leave and be extremely happy.
When checking the status of my asylum case with the number of my process that consisted of Z, the following message appears:

On December 31, 2018, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number ZNY***********. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

I was told that when this fee-free message comes out, it means an approval, am I correct?
What a way to begin the new year my friend. Surely, unless otherwise, your case is most certainly approved. That has been the norm for many people that I know whose status has changed to that notification (update) in the event that they had already been interviewed and not yet received their EAD. Congratulations with the hope that the mail will confirm these assumptions which beforehand have certainly held true to the effect that a case has been approved! Congs my friend!yaaaaaaaaay

What a way to begin the new year my friend. Surely, unless otherwise, your case is most certainly approved. That has been the norm for many people that I know whose status has changed to that notification (update) in the event that they had already been interviewed and not yet received their EAD. Congratulations with the hope that the mail will confirm these assumptions which beforehand have certainly held true to the effect that a case has been approved! Congs my friend!yaaaaaaaaay
Thank you very much. I am very happy, and I hope everyone here has positive answers soon

Congratulations, this what happened to me last month and I received my approval 3 Days later . Very happy for you , I’m hoping you could get your family here soon, and me too