• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hello,

I lived in coutry A from 0 to 20
I moved to coutry B from 20 to now
I have an old police certificate that I got on January 2017 from country A (so >1 Year), I go to country A only for vacation (<1 week).
I have a police certificate from country B (May 2018)

Do I need to produce a new police certificate for country A ?

Thank yyou

Hello,

I lived in coutry A from 0 to 20
I moved to coutry B from 20 to now
I have an old police certificate that I got on January 2017 from country A (so >1 Year), I go to country A only for vacation (<1 week).
I have a police certificate from country B (May 2018)

Do I need to produce a new police certificate for country A ?

Thank yyou

Get a recent PCC from country A since you still go there.

I had interview at Japan embassy Aug6th.
but they asked additional paperwork (divorce proof from past)
Now it is AP, I contacted embassy but no reply yet.
Do you guys think still have chance in time by end of Sep?

Get a recent PCC from country A since you still go there.
I received an email from the embassy with an interesting information :

Very important: Because of the limited number of visas that may be issued under this program, visas may cease to be available even before this date. This is especially true the closer to September 30 an application or re-application is made

Very important: Because of the limited number of visas that may be issued under this program, visas may cease to be available even before this date. This is especially true the closer to September 30 an application or re-application is made
What does mean this

I guess that’s to reiterate what’s already on the 1NL about the possibility of all selectees not getting a visa at the end since they typically over select in the first. But concerning nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing.

That’s a warning that they post in the instructions every year, but it’s not usual that the embassies send them out. Please remind us what country you are chargeable to? There have been occasional cases in the past of countries hitting their limit and no more visas being available for that country before fiscal year end, though the other things we’ve been seeing do indicate it’s more of a general visa exhaustion issue this year.

and they insist in the beginning that it's

Yes I totally agree, but not France in particular

France is part of the EU region. If EU hits the quota, that includes France, it wouldn’t matter if France as a country hasn’t hit the quota limit. So there’s no such thing as not France in particular in that case!

Exactly - there are three levels of quota: country, region, all of DV that year. Any one of those hitting the limit will affect one’s case.

(I remember we once had someone here who tried to argue that they could keep going till each country reached their limit - not stopping to think what that actually implied with a 7% per country limit and dozens of eligible countries!)

Hi Lezraf,

I am from France as well, Interview scheduled the 1st week of September, I haven't received this email, when did you get it?
Please also share your interview experience in Paris :)

Thanks

EU can easily hit the limit - and probably will.

I got the same warning from the consulate in Turkey and I have a September 10 interview. My understanding was that our visas are reserved when we get interview dates for CP. Was I wrong? Is there a possibility the visas will run out before even interviewing at the consulate?

Hi Lezraf,

I am from France as well, Interview scheduled the 1st week of September, I haven't received this email, when did you get it?
Please also share your interview experience in Paris :)

Thanks

Hi All,

I had my interview there last month and it all went well. At the end the person congratulated me and told me that I'll get my visa stamped on the next couple of days, which is what happened. The issue is that since I got my interview letter straight from KCC it wasn't showing in their system so I couldn't enter a delivery address because it would tell me that my case wasn't scheduled an interview yet even though I already had my interview. I tried calling and emailing them but nothing. So I ran to the consulate the next morning to explain them, because I needed my passport asap to travel. I had checked on the DS260 website that I got issued a visa. After some wait they told me to come back in the afternoon, and thankfully when I came back they gave it to me with the visa. I followed the procedure at the airport, with the envelope and everything. They asked which delivery address I wanted for my GC. Everything went smooth and I got my GC last thursday (after 3 weeks and a half). If I have one piece of advice it's trust the system and if you have everything, there shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks Britsimon, Mom and Susie for all the help and guidance and good luck everyone on the next month or so of this DV 2018. It was a real journey!

I got the same warning from the consulate in Turkey and I have a September 10 interview. My understanding was that our visas are reserved when we get interview dates for CP. Was I wrong? Is there a possibility the visas will run out before even interviewing at the consulate?

Yes, there’s a possibility of that. It has happened before - previously scheduled interviews going canceled because they ran out of visa.

Hi All,

I had my interview there last month and it all went well. At the end the person congratulated me and told me that I'll get my visa stamped on the next couple of days, which is what happened. The issue is that since I got my interview letter straight from KCC it wasn't showing in their system so I couldn't enter a delivery address because it would tell me that my case wasn't scheduled an interview yet even though I already had my interview. I tried calling and emailing them but nothing. So I ran to the consulate the next morning to explain them, because I needed my passport asap to travel. I had checked on the DS260 website that I got issued a visa. After some wait they told me to come back in the afternoon, and thankfully when I came back they gave it to me with the visa. I followed the procedure at the airport, with the envelope and everything. They asked which delivery address I wanted for my GC. Everything went smooth and I got my GC last thursday (after 3 weeks and a half). If I have one piece of advice it's trust the system and if you have everything, there shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks Britsimon, Mom and Susie for all the help and guidance and good luck everyone on the next month or so of this DV 2018. It was a real journey!

Congratulations :)

Your understanding is correct, although theoretically they could hit a limit by incorrect calculation. So - the warnings should be taken seriously to make certain you attend the interview with all documents ready, in order to avoid AP delays.