TN or H4-EAD for Spouse already in US

maheshkuttam

Me and my wife are Canadian Citizens (Indian born).

I am started working in US on H1B (didnt stamp H4 for dependents) from past 7 months and also initiated my I-140 back 2 months.

My Family ( Wife is working) is still in Canada and would like to join me in US.

My Wife is eligible two options to join me in US :
1) Take TN Visa and come US and work. ( Enter with H4 and find a job in US and re-enter with TN will work ?)
2) Wait for my I-140 approval and do H4 EAD for her and come to US find a job and work.

Since i am a newbie in US, would like to know the best option i should take ?
Any suggestions on the transition?

Thanks!

both will work ok however with the narrative currently around h4 ead, tn might be better until you are eligible for filing 485

I would begin working on TN, and then switch to H4 EAD when she is eventually eligible (if that program even continues).

Nor on the number of TNs you can hold at one time - @nelsona Does that mean every time we get a new Offer we should go to the border and get a TN Visa even though the previous TN Visa is valid ?

That's correct. New job offer = new tn needed to work on it. TN is tied to the job for which it was granted, not blanket work authorization for all job offers

Yikes! that is the second person in a month who thinks that a TN visa covers all work.