• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. If 2012 was the last time you entered the US, then yes that is the I-94 that should be included.
4. No, that will not suffice if the IO needs you to demonstrate you will not become a public charge.
5. Not a normal practice. You most likely will not be allowed into the building, you can give it a short if you like.

Got it. So just don’t include that sponsorship letter unless it’s a I-134 form. They won’t look if it’s written to my University. Should I just move forward without that letter since it’s not required?

Got it. So just don’t include that sponsorship letter unless it’s a I-134 form. They won’t look if it’s written to my University. Should I just move forward without that letter since it’s not required?

You can include it if you like, your call.

You can include it if you like, your call.

Got it. Thanks.

Oops one thing I wanted to ask. I was pulled over by police for red light. I actually drove on yellow however police told me my car did not reach to another light while being on yellow, it became red last seconds. So I have a court soon right.

I saw in the AOS package sheet that you provided that I need to show history or records of court if I am not mistaken. Does it mean if I am convicted or aomwrhing serious like that? Or should I provide copy of my court hearing for the red light.

Thanks.

Got it. Thanks.

Oops one thing I wanted to ask. I was pulled over by police for red light. I actually drove on yellow however police told me my car did not reach to another light while being on yellow, it became red last seconds. So I have a court soon right.

I saw in the AOS package sheet that you provided that I need to show history or records of court if I am not mistaken. Does it mean if I am convicted or aomwrhing serious like that? Or should I provide copy of my court hearing for the red light.

Thanks.

If you were EVER charged for any reason (even if you were not arrested) anywhere in the world, including the United States, you must submit:
(1) An original or certified copy of the complete arrest report; and
(2) Certified copies of BOTH the indictment, information, or other formal charging document AND the final
disposition of each charge (for example, a dismissal order or acquittal order);
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

If you were EVER charged for any reason (even if you were not arrested) anywhere in the world, including the United States, you must submit:
(1) An original or certified copy of the complete arrest report; and
(2) Certified copies of BOTH the indictment, information, or other formal charging document AND the final
disposition of each charge (for example, a dismissal order or acquittal order);
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Got it. Thanks

Schedule for another infopass not on a Monday. The DV officer is not there Mondays. I once had an infopass on a Monday and didn't get much information. I went for another infopass another day and requested for the officer at the front to please go talk to the DV officer and the officer came back with specific information. Remember to specifically ask them to talk to the DV officer. Houston here as well. Good luck.
Hi, I am also from Houston. How did you schedule your infopass? Whenever I check the infopass website I get the message "There are no available appointment slots for this date". BTW, do you happen to know the name of the officer handling DV cases?

Hi @Sm1smom,

I'm really thankful for your guidance during this process of AOS. My case status was just updated on Aug 13 to "New Card Is being Produced"
I did the biometrics on Aug 1. Unexpectedly, I received a call from an IO yesterday, asking if I was able to come in for the interview later that day. He told me if I wasn't able to stop by the USCIS office, then he will set an interview date and mail my interview notice two(2) weeks from now. I showed up for the interview which went very well. The interview experience was straightforward. He asked to see my ID, education proof, Birth Certificate (original copies), then, he proceeded by asking questions related to form i-485 data. The officer Mr. S.R was friendly and professional. He kept it casual but real. At some point, it felt like chatting with a friend. So, I got out of the interview which lasted about 20 minutes. On my way back(about 15 minutes after the interview ended), I got a notification about my case updates. Waited until I got home then checked to see the update and decision. #Approved. I'm really grateful for how things went down. I will be updating the timelines to help those who are still in the process.
Thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom,

I'm really thankful for your guidance during this process of AOS. My case status was just updated on Aug 13 to "New Card Is being Produced"
I did the biometrics on Aug 1. Unexpectedly, I received a call from an IO yesterday, asking if I was able to come in for the interview later that day. He told me if I wasn't able to stop by the USCIS office, then he will set an interview date and mail my interview notice two(2) weeks from now. I showed up for the interview which went very well. The interview experience was straightforward. He asked to see my ID, education proof, Birth Certificate (original copies), then, he proceeded by asking questions related to form i-485 data. The officer Mr. S.R was friendly and professional. He kept it casual but real. At some point, it felt like chatting with a friend. So, I got out of the interview which lasted about 20 minutes. On my way back(about 15 minutes after the interview ended), I got a notification about my case updates. Waited until I got home then checked to see the update and decision. #Approved. I'm really grateful for how things went down. I will be updating the timelines to help those who are still in the process.
Thanks!

That is fantastic. Congratulations!!

Reactions: Sbk
Hi @Sm1smom,

Thanks!

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. May I learn your FO and region? Thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom,

Thanks!
Congrats . Question , your case was current in July and you did your biometrics in August 1st and all biometrics completed in 10 days. why you didn’t do your biometrics back in July?

Congrats . Question , your case was current in July and you did your biometrics in August 1st and all biometrics completed in 10 days. why you didn’t do your biometrics back in July?
Thanks! My case was current in July but, the bio appointment was scheduled for August 1.

Hi @Sm1smom,

Thanks!
Congratulation!. May I know your region ?

Hi @Sm1smom,

Thanks!
Congrats to you!

May I know which region you're in?

Thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom,

Thanks!
Congrats,
Seems like AF visas were not running out so far and still available.
Some hope has been revived.

Hi guys. I will have my interview tomorrow after more than 6 months waiting for my background check. My only concern is that the FO has not requested my file from KCC yet. I am not sure how long it will take if they want to do that after my interview? Is it gonna be by scan or mail?

Hi guys. I will have my interview tomorrow after more than 6 months waiting for my background check. My only concern is that the FO has not requested my file from KCC yet. I am not sure how long it will take if they want to do that after my interview? Is it gonna be by scan or mail?
By email as far as I know. Why your background check takes so long ?

Hi Mom,

I went to the interview yesterday.

I'm on F1 status and I brought evidence of financial support with me ( I brought I134 since it fits my case the most from what I read through this website) as requested in the interview letter and had my father (a non- U.S. citizen) as a sponsor.
The officer told me this is the first time he ever encountered a DV case that submitted I-134 whose sponsor is not a U.S. citizen.

However, he completely understood that i'm a student and did not know anybody who is a citizen, and can sponsor.
Later on, he asked for financial proof so I gave him my father's bank guarantee, bank statement, and proof of employment. He did the calculation and said he was not sure if the figures would meet the requirement and that he had to speak with the supervisor.

In I134, also included the details of the real estates my father owns so he was mentioning if I had brought any proof of property, I said I did not. (Did not think I had to because I looked through the info in here and I found one of your threads saying that the sponsor may or may not choose to provide proof of financial, bond, etc and there was no problem so far for DV cases)

At the end of the interview he said I am cleared for my birth certificate, my status check and my education is obviously cleared. He will discuss the I134 with his supervisor and will call me if he needs anymore proof, if not, he will issue me the visa.

Question :
1. Do you have any thoughts on this? or Have you ever known any similar case to this?

2. I'm preparing other document I think might help like my brother's bank guarantee as a second sponsor for just in case, proof of property like house registration (though I don't know how will I proof the cost of the real estates). Is there anything else I can do in the mean time?

3. Could you please clarify this for me? I pointed this out to the officer as I thought it might benefit me but he said he already knew this.
According to the memo on the spreadsheet https://fam.state.gov/fam/09fam/09fam030208.html,
I found an article saying :
"(U) Diversity Immigrants (DV) Applicants: DV applicants differ from most IV applicants in that the Diversity Immigrant program was designed to permit immigration without petitioners or sponsors. As in other IV cases, you should review the totality of the DV applicant’s circumstances to assess her or his likelihood of becoming a public charge. Although the DV program requires a certain level of education or work experience (see 9 FAM 502.6-3), these are minimums and must be considered in the totality of the DV applicant’s circumstances to determine his ability to become or remain self-sufficient in the United States."

Thank you so much for having been a great resource. And thank you in advance for your answers.