• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hi all.
With form I- 134 AOS...can the sponsor Scan after filling in the details and signing send via email instead of air mail...as well as supporting docs??? What docs does one submit the AOS with I forward to the sponsor...???. Thanx in advance!!;)

Hi all.
With form I- 134 AOS...can the sponsor Scan after filling in the details and signing send via email instead of air mail...as well as supporting docs??? What docs does one submit the AOS with I forward to the sponsor...???. Thanx in advance!!;)

Yes.
A copy of sponsor’s GC or US passport, and W-2.

Hi Guys

today i went to collect my unabridged birth certificate and to my suprise the Parents info is dat of my grandparents ,, I didnt even know this . On the Ds260 i wrote my mom and father ,, only moments later i recalled my mom had me while she was a teenager so thas how my grandparents registerd me as their own , Now my worry is , wont this affect my Chances of approval ?? Both my grannies and parents are deceased

Hi Guys

today i went to collect my unabridged birth certificate and to my suprise the Parents info is dat of my grandparents ,, I didnt even know this . On the Ds260 i wrote my mom and father ,, only moments later i recalled my mom had me while she was a teenager so thas how my grandparents registerd me as their own , Now my worry is , wont this affect my Chances of approval ?? Both my grannies and parents are deceased

Hmmm. Can’t say for sure but I’d suspect it won’t be an issue especially as they are all passed on so none of them will be able to be sponsored in future. Just explain the situation to the CO.

Hi allhusband
Just received form I-134 from my Sponsor to review.....But I have noticed section 3 under dependents information. She filled in Just the Husband....they have 2 kids should she list them as well on this part??
Thanks in advance

Hello !

First of all, congrats to all the lucky winners, including myself :-D !
The interview successfully passed at the embassy, I turn to this forum because I would have some questions and advices to ask. Thank you all in advance for your precious help !

So I had the good fortune to win the Diversity Lottery. Today, I received my passeport with the temporary visa, waiting my Green Card a few months later.

Do you know exactly how it works ?

If I understood clearly the instructions, I've six months (from the medical exam or the appointment ?) to enter in the country to validate my temporary visa and, before, pay the fees for the Green Card. Automatically, my visa will be extended for a year.

So how does it work ? For example, if I go next week validate my visa, it will be ok until august 2019. So can I go back in Europe one year and come back before the end of the durability, in august 2019 ?
It would allow me to wait the definitive Green Card and do all stuffs I need to do here before I leave.
Or it's better to come before ? Directly stay in the six initial months ?

Thank you very good for your help !
Have a nice day,

Hello !

First of all, congrats to all the lucky winners, including myself :-D !
The interview successfully passed at the embassy, I turn to this forum because I would have some questions and advices to ask. Thank you all in advance for your precious help !

So I had the good fortune to win the Diversity Lottery. Today, I received my passeport with the temporary visa, waiting my Green Card a few months later.

Do you know exactly how it works ?

If I understood clearly the instructions, I've six months (from the medical exam or the appointment ?) to enter in the country to validate my temporary visa and, before, pay the fees for the Green Card. Automatically, my visa will be extended for a year.

So how does it work ? For example, if I go next week validate my visa, it will be ok until august 2019. So can I go back in Europe one year and come back before the end of the durability, in august 2019 ?
It would allow me to wait the definitive Green Card and do all stuffs I need to do here before I leave.
Or it's better to come before ? Directly stay in the six initial months ?

Thank you very good for your help !
Have a nice day,
There is an expiry date on your visa. You must enter before that date. If you have paid your green card fee, they will mail you a plastic green card after you have entered. Usually takes about a month to arrive but sometimes there are delays. In the meanwhile, your visa now becomes a temporary green card valid for one year from the date of entry.

As a lawful permanent resident, you may leave the US for up to a one year absence from date of exit , however if you do this repeatedly you will be deemed to abandon residence. So yes you can leave for a while at first to sort things out. Do note that if you are gone longer than 6 months, you cannot count your 5 years for naturalization from date of first entry but that clock will reset to start at your next entry.

Also see these offical sites for info
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/af...bilities-green-card-holder-permanent-resident
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence

Htnk you a lot SusieQQQ for your help :)

Yeah, at the end, the goal is of course to stay in the US but I need to do and fix a lot of things here in Europe before coming in the US.
I'll pay the fees this weekend.

After that, of course, I'd need to travel in Europe, but not each time for a year obviously :-D.

So, for the first entry, I can just go the border, say "hello", get my visa stammed and go back fix my things before the definitive moving ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Hello everyone, I have a question about the medical exam : If something goes wrong (if the y find a disease or something else) does it delay the interview ? do you know how it works ?

Hello everyone, I have a question about the medical exam : If something goes wrong (if the y find a disease or something else) does it delay the interview ? do you know how it works ?

If you have a “communicable disease of public significance”, yes. It will have to be treated before a visa can be issued. The most common issue is with TB.

There is an expiry date on your visa. You must enter before that date. If you have paid your green card fee, they will mail you a plastic green card after you have entered. Usually takes about a month to arrive but sometimes there are delays. In the meanwhile, your visa now becomes a temporary green card valid for one year from the date of entry.

As a lawful permanent resident, you may leave the US for up to a one year absence from date of exit , however if you do this repeatedly you will be deemed to abandon residence. So yes you can leave for a while at first to sort things out. Do note that if you are gone longer than 6 months, you cannot count your 5 years for naturalization from date of first entry but that clock will reset to start at your next entry.

Also see these offical sites for info
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/af...bilities-green-card-holder-permanent-resident
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence
Sorry I just want to make it clear. Do you mean after I got green card and for example I stay 2 years in US, if I leave more than 6 month after that then come back then I have to start again to account days for naturalization?

I am sorry to ask you again. But I heard that if you stay 2 years and 6 month then you are good after that if you travel more than one year. Is that true ?

No it’s not true. As a matter of fact, if you stay in the US for up to 4 years without traveling out of the country and you subsequently travel and stay away 6 months plus, your naturalization clock could potentially be reset as you could be deemed to have broken continuous residency.

And I suggest you go through the Link Susie already provided above.

I am sorry to ask you again. But I heard that if you stay 2 years and 6 month then you are good after that if you travel more than one year. Is that true ?

If you travel for more than one year without a re-entry permit, not only will you have broken your continuous residence for naturalization but you may be deemed to have abandoned residence /your green card entirely and might well lose your green card and residence rights totally. Rather than “I heard”, please read the offical uscis links. I provided 3 links above in response to moph82 as well as one directly to you, I presume you haven’t read them given the questions you still ask and strongly suggest you read these so that you understand what is actually required rather than listening to whoever seems to suggest things that could entirely jeopardize your right to reside in the US, never mind naturalization which would be the least of your worries by that stage...

Hello !
One last (and perhaps) dumb question:
I assume I don't need to buy a ESTA anymore to validate my visa ?

Thank you very much for your help !