L1-Laid Off, Can I do TN in Scientific Technologist-Civil Engineering

sp1976

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am Canadian in Seattle. Client cancelled all projects, company laid me off, currently in 60 day grace period.

I want to apply for TN visa as WA/BC border crossing --mostly SUMAS,WA as all my L1 extension done their.

I am a M.S Construction Management from USA (year 2002), my bachelors from India was specialized 5 yrs. program but certificate says 'Diploma in Construction Technology. I have close to 18 years. of various construction project experience NJ,VA, BC (Canada), WA

I want to know if an employer is willing to give me offer letter, can i use the Scientific Technician/Technologist – Engineering. My supervisor will be Professional Engineer, and maybe with my years of exp. can count towards Technologist title. does the CBP officer are concerned about titles as the employer title is Sr.Construction Inspector.

Thanks for all the help.

In the Sci Tech category, in effect both you and the supervisor need to be qualified for TN.

If he is an engineer, then, with your experience, you should qualify. You don't need a degree or diploma for Sci Tech. Proof of your overall education and experience will suffice. Job Titles foe either of you are not important.

Thanks Nelsona. I am planning to use SciTechnologist -engineering category.
All please if anyone has done TN in Scien. Technologist Engr./Civil and have a offer letter as per TN format please post (after deleting/hiding your personal and employer name etc.) or send me private message .

Thanks for the help.

Also can anyone suggest what shall i show my ties to canada as i m in usa now with L1b(laid off) and 60day period. have been here for close to three yrs. have house, new cars all registered here. nothing in canada.

There is never any need to show ties to Canada or anywhere else when applying for TN. TN allows for residence in US.