• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

If I do AOS when its current in middle of 2019 ( around April ) , still it will take few months to process the case through USCIS... its a bit stressful thing to think what happens if it still not process the case until September passed. Have you seen any such cases ?

If I do AOS when its current in middle of 2019 ( around April ) , still it will take few months to process the case through USCIS... its a bit stressful thing to think what happens if it still not process the case until September passed. Have you seen any such cases ?

Have I seen any case that became current in April and successfully completed the process, or you mean have I seen any case that became current in April and did not complete the process by the end of September? Answer to to both is yes. I seen cases that became current in September as a matter of fact (5 months from April) that successfully completed the process and I’ve equally seen cases from April/May not complete the process because they’re stuck in AP.

It’s not just about when the CN becomes current (admittedly becoming current early helps), it starts with understanding the process and knowing what to expect, knowing within yourself if you’re likely to be subjected to a prolonged background check, being proactive with your case, the FO one is assigned to, etc.

If I have already submitted and opted to do the AoS, am I able to later change and opt to do the process in my home country? My situation has changed and I might not be able to do AoS anymore.

If I have already submitted and opted to do the AoS, am I able to later change and opt to do the process in my home country? My situation has changed and I might not be able to do AoS anymore.

Yes, but it’s better to make that change as early as possible to pre-empt problems. You’ll need to email kcc and ask them to do it.

Good to know you’ve decided on which route to take and good luck with your lawyer.

FYI: the only thing your lawyer will be doing is basically filing out the form and submitting your AOS package (and let’s hope that’s done in a timely manner :rolleyes:). You’re still responsible for providing all the documents and information they need which I think is the major part of the process.

We have several reported cases in this forum of how lawyers messed up and created unnecessary delays by the way - hiring a lawyer does not automatically guard against getting a RFE.

And frankly speaking, if you’re still going to be holding the lawyer by the hands (since you plan on staying on top of things by monitoring this forum and the AOS process spreadsheet), I wonder at the wisdom of paying someone to fill out and submit the forms.

~~~ Just my unsolicited opinions of course ~~~

Hi all, just to provide an update - I've decided to go the CP route. Apart from the slight nervousness regarding AOS within the NYC FO, I also witness quite a bit of layoffs in my company right around the early June time frame. I didn't want to risk being caught in that down the line and stuck without valid status before my AOS is received and accepted, or if I get really unlucky with an RFE, or the EAD/AP doesn't arrive on time. Just not a good and stable time at my company to depend on AOS.

I will move my conversations out of the AOS thread and keep everyone posted within the 2019 all selectees thread.

Good luck all AOS applicants!

Hello Mom, i will go after AOS for DV, i travelled from my country through Qatar-Doha(for transit). Going back home i passed at doha and slept at a hotel waiting for a flight (transfer) also i had a bus tour where they stamped on my passport for leaving the airport and coming back.
QN: Do i need any security clearance from Qatar-Doha during GC processes since i visited their country(i stayed for less than 10 hours)?

Hi all, just to provide an update - I've decided to go the CP route. Apart from the slight nervousness regarding AOS within the NYC FO, I also witness quite a bit of layoffs in my company right around the early June time frame. I didn't want to risk being caught in that down the line and stuck without valid status before my AOS is received and accepted, or if I get really unlucky with an RFE, or the EAD/AP doesn't arrive on time. Just not a good and stable time at my company to depend on AOS.

I will move my conversations out of the AOS thread and keep everyone posted within the 2019 all selectees thread.

Good luck all AOS applicants!

Thanks for the update and all the best with your process.

Hello Mom, i will go after AOS for DV, i travelled from my country through Qatar-Doha(for transit). Going back home i passed at doha and slept at a hotel waiting for a flight (transfer) also i had a bus tour where they stamped on my passport for leaving the airport and coming back.
QN: Do i need any security clearance from Qatar-Doha during GC processes since i visited their country(i stayed for less than 10 hours)?

PCC not required for AOSers.

Hi mom:

My case number is 2019AS00002XXX.

I encounter a problem that "The case information you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact KCC by mail or by phone."
I try 2019AS00002XXX and 2019AS2XXX, but both case numbers do not work.

The history that I use DS260 is as below list.
06/19 Submit DS260
07/18 Request unlock DS260 to make some revisions
07/18 DS260 unlock
07/2X Website maintenance
08/01 Cannot login to DS260 and website shows case information does not match record.

I have mailed KCC for the issue, and plan to give them a call if necessary. Are there any experiences that can help me?

Thank you!

Hi mom:

I encounter a problem that "The case information you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact KCC by mail or by phone."

06/19 Submit DS260
07/18 DS260 unlock
08/01 Cannot login to DS260 and website shows case information does not match record.

I have mailed KCC for the issue, and plan to give them a call if necessary. Are there any experiences that can help me?

Thank you!

I have no idea.

Hi mom:

06/19 Submit DS260
07/18 DS260 unlock

Thank you!

Hi,
I have same issue as yours. I can't sign in DS-260 either. I emailed and called KCC. They told that CEAC website is undergoing maintenance. They don't know when the website is available.

Hi,
I have same issue as yours. I can't sign in DS-260 either. I emailed and called KCC. They told that CEAC website is undergoing maintenance. They don't know when the website is available.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I know other selectees who can enter the DS-260 form now.
Hope the website can be available ASAP.

Hello,

I am from Asia(Sri Lanka), currently in the US under F1 visa(Spouse under F2 visa). I have been selected for Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2019 (DV-2019 lottery). My case number is quite high(2019AS128XX).

1. Since AOS takes longer than the normal Consular Processing is it risk to apply for AOS with a higher case number ?
2. If I go with CP, are there any possibility for rejection, which can cause me any restrictions to come to USA again ?
Thanks,

Hello,

I am from Asia(Sri Lanka), currently in the US under F1 visa(Spouse under F2 visa). I have been selected for Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2019 (DV-2019 lottery). My case number is quite high(2019AS128XX).

1. Since AOS takes longer than the normal Consular Processing is it risk to apply for AOS with a higher case number ?
2. If I go with CP, are there any possibility for rejection, which can cause me any restrictions to come to USA again ?
Thanks,

1. There are different reasons that makes each process risky, depending on one’s definition of ‘risk’. Is there a possibility of visas running out before someone with a high CN gets approved via AOS? Yes.
2. Your question is too broad, I don’t know anything about you or your background so I can’t tell you what your possibilities of a CP rejection are.

I suggest you review the AOS process spreadsheet, it has the pros and cons of AOS vs CP, then decide on your own which process works better for you.

1. There are different reasons that makes each process risky, depending on one’s definition of ‘risk’. Is there a possibility of visas running out before someone with a high CN gets approved via AOS? Yes.
2. Your question is too broad, I don’t know anything about you or your background so I can’t tell you what your possibilities of a CP rejection are.

I suggest you review the AOS process spreadsheet, it has the pros and cons of AOS vs CP, then decide on your own which process works better for you.

I went through the spreadsheet
1. Yes I am worried about visas running out, in that case I see I have better chances by going with CP, Am I correct ?
2. My question is, if we go with CP and if we got rejected(by any case) can I come to USA with my spouse and continue my studies? I mean if I rejected(by any means) will that effect for me to come back to USA, due to the non-immigrant visa(F1) I have currently

Thanks

I went through the spreadsheet
1. Yes I am worried about visas running out, in that case I see I have better chances by going with CP, Am I correct ?
2. My question is, if we go with CP and if we got rejected(by any case) can I come to USA with my spouse and continue my studies? I mean if I rejected(by any means) will that effect for me to come back to USA, due to the non-immigrant visa(F1) I have currently

Thanks

1. I can’t tell you if you have a better chance at CP or not, you’ll have to make that determination yourself. But I can confirm visas are reserved for those processing CP when they’re scheduled for their interview, visas are not reserved for AOSers. And mind you, the visa is only reserved for one month even for CP, if one gets put on AP which goes past the current/interview month, the visa is no longer on reserve.

2. Again I can’t categorically give you a yes or no response. The best I can do is “it depends”. Your ability to return to the US following a CP denial may depend on several factors: for instance, if your current student visa has expired and you’ll need to get a new one in order to return, the embassy will deny the student visa request due to a demonstrated immigrant intent; your CP petition was denied due to being found inadmissible to the US, you will not be able to return; if you’re stuck in AP, you will not be able to return. These are just some of the things that could prevent a return to the US.

First of all, thank you very much for the time you invest helping us all navigating this process. I have been through the threads and found it an invaluable resource.

My question - I have a G status. Per spreadsheet there are 3 more forms that will apply to me. I-566 and I-508 I am familiar with and can see why they are needed. However the I-360 seems to be specifically for G holders that are applying for GC as Special Immigrants. In fact I don't currently meet the guidelines to apply as a special immigrant and don't see a need to feel this form because I am applying under DV. I will appreciate your guidance on this. My case number is AF10xxxx so expect to become current Nov or Dec.

First of all, thank you very much for the time you invest helping us all navigating this process. I have been through the threads and found it an invaluable resource.

My question - I have a G status. Per spreadsheet there are 3 more forms that will apply to me. I-566 and I-508 I am familiar with and can see why they are needed. However the I-360 seems to be specifically for G holders that are applying for GC as Special Immigrants. In fact I don't currently meet the guidelines to apply as a special immigrant and don't see a need to feel this form because I am applying under DV. I will appreciate your guidance on this. My case number is AF10xxxx so expect to become current Nov or Dec.

Yep, the I-360 is debatable, however I do know those 3 forms were submitted by some previous DV selectees in G status (see links below), your call of course if you think the I-360 is not relevant:

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/page-12#post-2352016
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2016-aos-only.326148/page-148#post-2433891

Dear Mom,
I am trying to fill up DS 260 application. I am in F1 status and my spouse is in F2 status. We have done the vaccination when we came here in US for first time.
I needed to show in my campus that I have vaccination for MMR, TT ,BCG, HEP and DPT. My wife also had the same sets of vaccination as I have. But we don't know if the vaccination records are enough and acceptable by US government.
1. What should I answer "Yes or No" for the question " do you have vaccination in accordance to US law?"
2. My wife is in F2 status and she doesn't work. What should I choose for her occupation, "homemaker or unemployed"? Is homemaker consider as employed in USA?
Thanks a lot for your immense of help post and thanks in advance.
Prasin

2. My wife is in F2 status and she doesn't work. What should I choose for her occupation, "homemaker or unemployed"? Is homemaker consider as employed in USA?
Homemaker
You are only defined as unemployed if you are actively looking for work and can’t find it.