• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Where was your interview?
If you were asking me, yes, I am from Asia.

Does anyone know if the latest post about visas running out will affect AOSers from Asia?
I asked BritSimon about this and here's his response: "Visa have not and will not run out for AS region. The travel ban has made certain of that. You should schedule an infopass and explain that the the FO – who is probably reading the memo they have been sent without checking their visa allocation system."

Fingers-crossed. I really hope it's just my Interviewer who didn't really understand about Diversity Lottery or what's going on with it at the moment... I have scheduled an InfoPass for next Monday and will ask them to clarify and look into my case further. Will post with an update after my InfoPass appointment.

Last edited:
But @Britsimon said the visa will not run out for this year and now is still early right ?

That is NOT what I have said - and even if I did - I am not in charge of the process. The lottery has regional quotas, and a global quota. EU will hiot (or possibly exceed) it's quota. AF region is unlikely to hit its quota. AS region cannot run out of visas. SA and OC will both hit their quotas.

I asked BritSimon about this and here's his response: "Visa have not and will not run out for AS region. The travel ban has made certain of that. You should schedule an infopass and explain that the the FO – who is probably reading the memo they have been sent without checking their visa allocation system."

Fingers-crossed. I really hope it's just my Interview who didn't really understand about Diversity Lottery or what's going on with it at the moment... I have scheduled an InfoPass for next Monday and will ask them to clarify and look into my case further. Will post with an update after my InfoPass appointment.

I'm here too.

Fingers-crossed. I really hope it's just my Interviewer who didn't really understand about Diversity Lottery or what's going on with it at the moment... I have scheduled an InfoPass for next Monday and will ask them to clarify and look into my case further. Will post with an update after my InfoPass appointment.
I meant which field office?

IO didnt request for the original high school certificate, I did bring the original high school certificate with me. However, I'm not sure if the request is case-to-case basis. That time, I was on J1 with PhD. Good luck.

Did the IO ask for all expired / old passports?

Hi Omar, can you tell me where you called?
Did you call the field office directly? If so, can you tell me where you found the number?
Thanks!
Hi bb,
I called USCIS customer service: ‭+1 (800) 375-5283‬
But, I called them more than 20 times, some employees refused to refer me to supervisor, some employee took my info to refer me to tier 2 officer but they didn’t do that, next day I called USCIS early morning and the employee was very helpful and polite and she has a good knowledge about DV lottery.
I think that there is no specific phone number for each local field office I think they share the same phone number.

I posted this question on Simon's blog. Does anyone have an answer:

Can IO interviewing AOSers turn away applicants like consulates are doing it? If visas are pre-allocated, why are those people receiving those letters? They don't follow the visa bulletin? I mean if USCIS IOs have to check with KCC before issuing the visa, wouldn't be the same process and AOSers asked to wait as well?

Would the KCC allow to issue to AOSers?

Well - I don't see why not - but it's been a crazy year - so no one is 100% safe until they get the card production email/or visa in their hand.

Are only those on AP getting that letter? It reminds me of those who were denied a visa during AOS interview towards the end of 2017 because visas were exhausted. Is it similar to that?

I posted this question on Simon's blog. Does anyone have an answer:

Can IO interviewing AOSers turn away applicants like consulates are doing it? If visas are pre-allocated, why are those people receiving those letters? They don't follow the visa bulletin? I mean if USCIS IOs have to check with KCC before issuing the visa, wouldn't be the same process and AOSers asked to wait as well?

Would the KCC allow to issue to AOSers?

AFAIK, those currently receive that notice are people previous on AP and whose AP concluded outside of the month they were interviewed - there previously allocated visas got returned to KCC at the end of their applicable month and there’s currently no visas allocated to them hence the request for them to wait until Sept. 30th to see if there may be any left overs.

AOSers on the other hand do not get pre-allocated visas, if the IO checks at the end of the interview or upon approval and see there’s no visa in the system, that unfortunately is the end of the story.

AFAIK, those currently receive that notice are people previous on AP and whose AP concluded outside of the month they were interviewed - there previously allocated visas got returned to KCC at the end of their applicable month and there’s currently no visas allocated to them hence the request for them to wait until Sept. 30th to see if there may be any left overs.

AOSers on the other hand do not get pre-allocated visas, if the IO checks at the end of the interview or upon approval and see there’s no visa in the system, that unfortunately is the end of the story.
Hi mom,
Can you tell me how would it affect on a case like mine, ie: spouse follow to join.

Will they allocate a visa at CP if my AOS approved and issued GC ?
Thanks!

Hi mom,
Can you tell me how would it affect on a case like mine, ie: spouse follow to join.

Will they allocate a visa at CP if my AOS approved and issued GC ?
Thanks!

Not likely, since KCC did not schedule his interview appointment like they do for standard CP cases.

Hi Mom,
I will be highly appreciated if you can briefly explain my situation with possible scenarios based on the current visas running out!!
I am from AF, not Ethiopia or Egypt, I did my interview 6 days ago, the officer informed me he can’t make a decision yet because he requested my asylum file from the asylum office then he will have my whole file completed, he politely informed me that he understand the DV time sensitivity that’s why he will expedite the asylum file request.

What would be expecteded for this situation please.
Thanks

Last edited: