• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

hi! my case number is EU328xx and I want to ask something. I dont have much hope left at this point but if somehow the EU becomes current at the next bulletin, how will I know if I will be called for an interview or not? What is the latest deadline date to know for sure that I will not be getting a Green Card? Will I know about it at the start of August with the publication of the last VB?

You’ll receive an interview letter if you’re scheduled to be interviewed - an email gets sent about two to three weeks after the VB release for those scheduled for interview to check online for their interview letter.

You’ll receive an interview letter if you’re scheduled to be interviewed - an email gets sent about two to three weeks after the VB release for those scheduled for interview to check online for their interview letter.

Thanks for the answer! So since the next VB is the last one, I should wait to see if the EU goes current and then wait 2-3 weeks to see if I get an interview and then whether I get it or not that's the end of the whole thing?

How do they invite people for the interview once all the numbers go current? I filled my form on the first announcement day of the results so would that help me to get an interview before others even though my number is quite high once the region goes current?

Thanks for the answer! So since the next VB is the last one, I should wait to see if the EU goes current and then wait 2-3 weeks to see if I get an interview and then whether I get it or not that's the end of the whole thing?

How do they invite people for the interview once all the numbers go current? I filled my form on the first announcement day of the results so would that help me to get an interview before others even though my number is quite high once the region goes current?

1. EU isn’t likely to become current. If your CN becomes current for September and you’re not scheduled for an interview, then yes that is the end of it.

2. Again, EU region is unlikely to go current. The order of form submission plays no role in interview date - and technically speaking if it does, the fact that you were added as a derivative spouse in May should nullify the claim to early submission and hence the right to an interview date before others, don’t you think?

1. EU isn’t likely to become current. If your CN becomes current for September and you’re not scheduled for an interview, then yes that is the end of it.

2. Again, EU region is unlikely to go current. The order of form submission plays no role in interview date - and technically speaking if it does, the fact that you were added as a derivative spouse in May should nullify the claim to early submission and hence the right to an interview date before others, don’t you think?

Normally yes I was thinking like you but we were advised not to even contact KCC about adding the spouse BEFORE they schedule us for an interview since we were told we can make the addition once it is scheduled at the Ankara embassy in order not to nullify the early submission. Normally I would have think same as you but I think due to the status of the Ankara embassy being a more or less regional embassy for numerous countries, they have a different status than other embassies and can add a spouse to your DV form same as KCC. But again you are probably right as I dont have much hope for EU to go current either.

My only hope was that since I saw other regions going current maybe EU would at the last month as well and that I read on Britsimon's blog EU could benefit from AF leftover visas.

Normally yes I was thinking like you but we were advised not to even contact KCC about adding the spouse BEFORE they schedule us for an interview since we were told we can make the addition once it is scheduled at the Ankara embassy in order not to nullify the early submission. Normally I would have think same as you but I think due to the status of the Ankara embassy being a more or less regional embassy for numerous countries, they have a different status than other embassies and can add a spouse to your DV form same as KCC. But again you are probably right as I dont have much hope for EU to go current either.

My only hope was that since I saw other regions going current maybe EU would at the last month as well and that I read on Britsimon's blog EU could benefit from AF leftover visas.

You were advised not to unlock and add a spouse and that you could do so after being scheduled for the interview? Did you obtain this information from the “professional service” you posted about a while back? I seem to recall Susie and Simon guided you on how to go about adding a spouse, clearly you didn’t follow their guidance. Maybe you should continue asking the professional service guys all these questions you’re now asking us here today.

Oh my - well if you did take that advice rather than what we told you, and if by some miracle you were to get current, you will probably have blown the chance of the GC for the new spouse anyway.

Wait - are you saying you actually followed this advice???

One more thing - even if Ankara agrees to add your spouse (it may, I believe it’s rare but that other consulates have added derivatives, though if if recall correctly it’s (1) for newborn kids not existing spouses and (2) usually not busy ones like Ankara) the fact that kcc does not know of the derivative means that that when the interview gets scheduled it only gets assigned one visa number by kcc. You need two if you want the derivative to get one. And Ankara most certainly cannot just create a visa number ...

Concern? Have a derivative.... Heading to India ASAP....!! Taking someone for a critical medical treatment....God willing may be back a day or two before Visa interview...!!! what if the return date...depending on the fit to fly for the patient...is extended by a few days.... and they miss the interview date...(medicals and all Dv related documents are ready for the derivative)
1) can the main applicant attend the interview alone....even though DS-260 says they will attend all on the same day?
2) what will be the process for getting a visa issued for the derivative....??.will still have roughly 50 extra days before... 2018 fiscal year ends..and is that enough time for derivative to get the visa issued
3) Should one carry the derivative interview documents eg medicals/police certs etc and extra evidence to show why derivative could not attend...the interview...??
4) is their need to panic or the situation is redeemable....
Thanx in advance

Concern? Have a derivative.... Heading to India ASAP....!! Taking someone for a critical medical treatment....God willing may be back a day or two before Visa interview...!!! what if the return date...depending on the fit to fly for the patient...is extended by a few days.... and they miss the interview date...(medicals and all Dv related documents are ready for the derivative)
1) can the main applicant attend the interview alone....even though DS-260 says they will attend all on the same day?
2) what will be the process for getting a visa issued for the derivative....??.will still have roughly 50 extra days before... 2018 fiscal year ends..and is that enough time for derivative to get the visa issued
3) Should one carry the derivative interview documents eg medicals/police certs etc and extra evidence to show why derivative could not attend...the interview...??
4) is their need to panic or the situation is redeemable....
Thanx in advance

1. Yes.
2. You can ask the embassy about a new date for the derivative, just be aware there’s no guarantee they will have an open slot before the end of the FY. Which means the only option will be for the principal applicant to sponsor the derivative after he/she gets to the US - a process which currently takes about 2 years and costs more.
3. They may take them, the embassy will not collect the documents since the owner is not there and it wouldn’t lead to their getting a visa in absence.
4. See 2.

Hi All,

I am wondering how long it took on average this year to receive the GC in the mail after you enter the US territory?

Thanks!

1. Yes.
2. You can ask the embassy about a new date for the derivative, just be aware there’s no guarantee they will have an open slot before the end of the FY. Which means the only option will be for the principal applicant to sponsor the derivative after he/she gets to the US - a process which currently takes about 2 years and costs more.
3. They may take them, the embassy will not collect the documents since the owner is not there and it wouldn’t lead to their getting a visa in absence.
4. See 2.

Thank you for the prompt reply.....!!

Hi everyone,

Do you think EU352xx will ever become current for DV2018 and eventually be invited for an interview?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I just renewed my passport yesterday (the one with which I filled the DS) and I got a new one with a new number (I still have the old one). I got also a new citizenship and I want my visa on my new citzenship passport.

My interview is scheduled in August.

Should I call the embassy to update all these information ? Does it have an impact on my case ?

Thank you a lot!!

Hello,

I just renewed my passport yesterday (the one with which I filled the DS) and I got a new one with a new number (I still have the old one). I got also a new citizenship and I want my visa on my new citzenship passport.

My interview is scheduled in August.

Should I call the embassy to update all these information ? Does it have an impact on my case ?

Thank you a lot!!

Take old and new passports to the interview - that's all.