Changing US Embassy after filing

BrendaJoe

Does anyone know if one can change the US Embassy that originally was chosen because it is where one lives currently to the US Embassy in the country where one was born. I am a Canadian living in Mexico legally with permanent resident status.
Do you need an address in the the Embassy where you’ve chosen?

Yes, a different Embassy can be chosen if/when circumstances require, but from what's been posted online, such a change can add months to the process. If it's not a significant hardship, better of interviewing in Montreal.

I originally chose Juarez for my Embassy, because I live in Mexico. Montreal probably would be faster, but if it’s going to add too much extra time, I’ll just leave it as is. Thanks

Does anyone know, if a selectee who was residing in Belgium during original DV submission but moves to France or another EU state (before filing DS-260), can change US embassy for Consular Processing. In other words from the original Brussels station to say Paris (London, Amsterdam, etc.) in the new EU state of residence? Thanks.

Sure, just enter your new address in the ds260. You’ll be assigned the interviewing consulate according to your current place of residence.