• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Will Be Soon!!!!!!!

Am I the only one here who is constantly thinking about this?

I very well know this is a lottery and all that.

But my freaking mind do all these plans to do after getting selected.

I know this is sad. This is still my second time applying.

Folks here, who hv been there (trying more than few years now), how do you stop this?

My best advice is to focus on things that are under your control. I no longer put hopes on the lottery and I'm currently focused on my professional development. This month I will be traveling to the U.S. in order to obtain an international certification and I have been preparing for several months now. Keep in mind that the majority of us will get a Not Selected message.

My best advice is to focus on things that are under your control. I no longer put hopes on the lottery and I'm currently focused on my professional development. This month I will be traveling to the U.S. in order to obtain an international certification and I have been preparing for several months now. Keep in mind that the majority of us will get a Not Selected message.

Thanks Pierre. If you dont mind sharing,in what visa are you travelling? j1?

Am I the only one here who is constantly thinking about this?

I very well know this is a lottery and all that.

But my freaking mind do all these plans to do after getting selected.

I know this is sad. This is still my second time applying.

Folks here, who hv been there (trying more than few years now), how do you stop this?

Focus on your day job, daily lives, and hobbies.

I've been trying since 2013 if I remember correctly. However I always understand the odds. If my dream can come true, I can brain drain myself to the US. Hence my forum name. In a twist of fate, around a month ago my situation changed, my brain is no longer "in the drain" so to speak, as in, I have an opportunity / outlet to utilize my knowledge and capabilities and being rewarded for it (although in a 3rd world/improving) country style, that is.

So, while I do hope I win, I also focus on early retirement here. Oh well...

Because of that technical problem in October November 2017, will there be less selectees in DV2019?

I thoroughly agree with @Pierre82 on this. I feel like I have been loitering around these forums forever (maybe I have! lol) but I am now at the point of entering the lottery each year and forgetting about it. I will sometimes have a little smile and a daydream about it, but I concentrate on my life here and making it as full as possible. It is completely a lottery, so "set and forget", well, until it is time to check your entry. I made the mistake in the first couple of years of planning 'just in case' I won. I don't do that anymore. If I get selected, that's the time to put my energy into it. Other than that, I will come on here, cheer on the winners and just keep on living the life I have :)

All the best in this fun little lottery this year.

Q

I think I have posted this every year as the draw gets close :) (Moderators - I think it is ok to post this but please delete if the rules have changed)
This is the Portraits of America video produced by Disney for the US Department of State. I still love it! Enjoy

All the best everyone!

Q

Focus on your day job, daily lives, and hobbies.

I've been trying since 2013 if I remember correctly. However I always understand the odds. If my dream can come true, I can brain drain myself to the US. Hence my forum name. In a twist of fate, around a month ago my situation changed, my brain is no longer "in the drain" so to speak, as in, I have an opportunity / outlet to utilize my knowledge and capabilities and being rewarded for it (although in a 3rd world/improving) country style, that is.

So, while I do hope I win, I also focus on early retirement here. Oh well...
I thoroughly agree with @Pierre82 on this. I feel like I have been loitering around these forums forever (maybe I have! lol) but I am now at the point of entering the lottery each year and forgetting about it. I will sometimes have a little smile and a daydream about it, but I concentrate on my life here and making it as full as possible. It is completely a lottery, so "set and forget", well, until it is time to check your entry. I made the mistake in the first couple of years of planning 'just in case' I won. I don't do that anymore. If I get selected, that's the time to put my energy into it. Other than that, I will come on here, cheer on the winners and just keep on living the life I have :)

All the best in this fun little lottery this year.

Thanks guys. All the best for you too.

Hi guys I'm new to this forum though I've been lurking around for a while. It's also my first time applying but I'm freaking out so much. Don't know how the likes of @Qewty and @Pierre82 do it and have done it. So it's 7 days to go and I'm hoping for a nice outcome though I know it's only a lottery. I'm from South Africa btw,where's everyone else from?

P.S : @SusieQQQ I'm struggling to get onto SAUSA since last week. Do you perhaps know why? It just says "SAUSA Directnic", thank you.

Hi guys I'm new to this forum though I've been lurking around for a while. It's also my first time applying but I'm freaking out so much. Don't know how the likes of @Qewty and @Pierre82 do it and have done it. So it's 7 days to go and I'm hoping for a nice outcome though I know it's only a lottery. I'm from South Africa btw,where's everyone else from?

P.S : @SusieQQQ I'm struggling to get onto SAUSA since last week. Do you perhaps know why? It just says "SAUSA Directnic", thank you.

No idea re sausa really, looks like the domain name expired...maybe the host decided it wasn’t worth keeping it up.

Oh ok *sigh* thank you.
The domain sausa.org expired. The latest snapshot from the web time machine was taken on April 13 2018 .
But the Whois shows that is was renewed up to April 30 2019. Please give a try after a week or so, maybe it will be back online .