Education and changing of a state after k-1

Archy

Greetings!
I m immigrating to US by k visa. My wife is living in NYC and waiting for me but we are planning to move to Colorado as I get to US to start education in CSU. So I have a questions:
1) What kind of problems may occur if we presented our case in NY and than moved to another state?
2)What is my status for education system? Am I international student or local?

Thank you very much!

Greetings!
I m immigrating to US by k visa. My wife is living in NYC and waiting for me but we are planning to move to Colorado as I get to US to start education in CSU. So I have a questions:
1) What kind of problems may occur if we presented our case in NY and than moved to another state?
2)What is my status for education system? Am I international student or local?

Thank you very much!

Wrong section. Mods may move to K1 where someone can answer 1.

Re 2:

Tuition at public universities is either in-state or out-of-state, not international or local. Easily found on the CSU website. At least for the first year you won’t qualify, and if you’re only there for school you may be paying out-of-state fees all the way through - if your wife will be working you may want to see if you can argue residency after the first year.
https://financialaid.colostate.edu/in-state-tuition-requirements/

Colorado residency requires a domicile in Colorado for 12 continuous months on or prior to the first day of classes of each semester. Because domicile is defined as a permanent home and legal residence, being in Colorado solely for school purposes and/or temporarily for other purposes does not qualify as domicile for Colorado residency. Additionally, even if you do not qualify for residency in any other state, you are not guaranteed Colorado residency.