• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

I`ve just checked online official results of DV 2017 visa issuance and it looks like that in total they only issued 49,976 visas and obviously all the numbers did not expire. Does it give you any chance to do anything?

As an aside, from a statistical perspective given all the different factors involved, to come in just twenty-four visas away from 50k is quite an amazing outcome.

Makes no difference if all 50,000 visas got issued or there’s 1,000 visas left. DV 2017 is done and done with. No DV 2017 visa can be issued from Oct. 1st 2017, that FY year is over and done with.
I absolutely agree with you. I just wanted to know why they announced that the visa number was exhausted? It is not true, is it?

I absolutely agree with you. I just wanted to know why they announced that the visa number was exhausted? It is not true, is it?

Again, from a statistical perspective it pretty much was. Also, you are perhaps missing the subtlety that what they actually mean by visa numbers being exhausted is that by the date they did this, what they actually meant was that all available visa numbers had been allocated to applicants. Could they foresee exactly that (to use some possible examples) three families decided not to attend their interviews and another couple would get denied? That’s what I mean by how amazingly close it was. So yes, their statement was true in the way that they meant it.

Again, from a statistical perspective it pretty much was. Also, you are perhaps missing the subtlety that what they actually mean by visa numbers being exhausted is that by the date they did this, what they actually meant was that all available visa numbers had been allocated to applicants. Could they foresee exactly that (to use some possible examples) three families decided not to attend their interviews and another couple would get denied? That’s what I mean by how amazingly close it was. So yes, their statement was true in the way that they meant it.

Yes - just to clarify. Unlike AOS, all CP scheduled interviews are pre-allocated visas (1 per person). So - when they started telling AOSers there were no visas (early September) there were still CP interviews happening - and the CP applicants got their visas. But as Susie says - it's difficult to be precise while coordinating with 150 embassies around the world.